MTurk Mentors

Sarah Bonn

Reaction score
Has anyone ever asked a person to erase a rejected hit? if so how should I go about doing it? I have 300 approved hits but 6 rejections :(

EsmeraldaVillalobos

Reaction score
I’ve been lurking for a couple months.
May I ask what “5s” refers to in the daily work threads? Looks like batch work, but I can’t figure out how to search the requester name with only two characters.
Thank you!

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Reactions: ChristopherASA

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
I’ve been lurking for a couple months.
May I ask what “5s” refers to in the daily work threads? Looks like batch work, but I can’t figure out how to search the requester name with only two characters.
Thank you!
"5s" is a nickname for a requester called OCMP5. Right now, the requester is only posting HITs available to people who they have previously given a qualification by them. There's no way to know if they'll open up that qualification to other workers in the future or not.

Sarah Bonn

Reaction score
Another question, once I get to 1000 hits, what is the most I can make per week on mturk (I would work like 40 hours a week on the site).

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Another question, once I get to 1000 hits, what is the most I can make per week on mturk (I would work like 40 hours a week on the site).
There's no limit set by MTurk or anyone as to how much you can make. It will all depend on which HITs you're able to get, which HITs are available that week, which qualifications you have, if you're in the right place at the right time, how fast you work, and a million other factors. This is a very hard question to answer since it's going to vary wildly for everyone.

Sarah Bonn

Reaction score
There's no limit set by MTurk or anyone as to how much you can make. It will all depend on which HITs you're able to get, which HITs are available that week, which qualifications you have, if you're in the right place at the right time, how fast you work, and a million other factors. This is a very hard question to answer since it's going to vary wildly for everyone.
What is the least and most you made in a week?

Sarah Bonn

Reaction score
oh wow! how many hits have you completed and how many have been rejected

HolleeG

Reaction score
I've been away for awhile came back and mturk looks completely different and I'm LOST!!! I had finally figured out the scripts and panda and such and now I have no idea how to set all that back up. Also any tips on how to make a steady $200 a week at least?

Aaron Hall

Reaction score
Hello everybody. I am also new to the mturk site and I am very committed to learning all that I can and doing as well as I can. If anyone can give me some guidance on how to use the tools and work the jobs I would really appreciate it. I want to make sure I have a good idea of what I am doing before I start my first hit because I know if I mess up it will affect my ability to move up.

jan

Reaction score
Hello everybody. I am also new to the mturk site and I am very committed to learning all that I can and doing as well as I can. If anyone can give me some guidance on how to use the tools and work the jobs I would really appreciate it. I want to make sure I have a good idea of what I am doing before I start my first hit because I know if I mess up it will affect my ability to move up.
have you read through the help section?
There's a link in the first post that says
Your First 1000 HITs
(read though that :)
https://www.mturkcrowd.com/threads/start-here-guides-for-getting-started.11/

Last edited:

davidjleys

Reaction score
Yes but I do not understand how to use the scripting tools and all that
Installing the Mturk Suite Google Chrome extension is a good start. It's all pretty self-explanatory I think if you just play around with it. That's all I use right now and I consistently make around $20 - $25 /day.

Although, if anyone knows how to make more like $50+/day without any special skills such as transcription, I would love to hear how you manage to do it. I primarily stick to surveys and games because they're easy and usually hassle-free. Currently, I only have 1171 approved hits and 1 rejection (didn't read instructions closely enough). Do I just need to have massive approval numbers to break the $25/day barrier? I see I miss out on some great hits that require MASTERS, so that would probably help a bunch.

jan

Reaction score
Installing the Mturk Suite Google Chrome extension is a good start. It's all pretty self-explanatory I think if you just play around with it. That's all I use right now and I consistently make around $20 - $25 /day.

Although, if anyone knows how to make more like $50+/day without any special skills such as transcription, I would love to hear how you manage to do it. I primarily stick to surveys and games because they're easy and usually hassle-free. Currently, I only have 1171 approved hits and 1 rejection (didn't read instructions closely enough). Do I just need to have massive approval numbers to break the $25/day barrier? I see I miss out on some great hits that require MASTERS, so that would probably help a bunch.
Digital Nomad @Digital Nomad - if he's still around, has lots of great advice for transcription. TBH, he's given it out before - so you might want to search through the forum for his advice -- in the past. He has made several really long posts that are pretty descriptive. He makes a lot doing transcription.

Reactions: davidjleys

Jennifer Taveras

Reaction score
I just signed up for MTurk still working on Payment set up approval. Watching Youtube videos on how it works because it does look a little complicated to start. It can get overwhelming

Reactions: jan and SweetiePuff

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I just signed up for MTurk still working on Payment set up approval. Watching Youtube videos on how it works because it does look a little complicated to start. It can get overwhelming
You're right and there is a HUGE learning curve. Spend the time over the next week or so reading any and everything you can get your hands on. Take your time and don't get discouraged. You will most likely start out making no more than $10/day but there are a lot of factors involved (computer set up, internet speed, time to dedicate to turking, etc). Welcome and let us know if you have any questions!