Favorite animals:

• Total voters

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Yes, so no more reading about him. Actors are emotionally stunted creeps in general and I don't' know how they can sometimes pull off such monumentally affecting acting.

Reactions: jenaling

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I've got a lady question. Ever since my last pregnancy, my hair has been frizzier and has held more static. My doc said it was just hormone changes and oh well maybe it'll go back. Well, like 2+ years later, it's still more frizzy than it was pre-pregnancies.

Does anyone have any good oils or anything they use to tame frizz? I also have curly hair that I straighten (which I know doesn't help the damage factor). I do use repair/protect type shampoo/conditioner, and I spray heat protectant in.
I have naturally curly hair and love this. Soft and smells amazing.

http://www.garnierusa.com/products/styling/curls/curl-style/curl-sculpt-conditioning-cream-gel.aspx

Reactions: TQueen

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
TQueen @TQueen I also use Wen and their deep sweet almond mint conditioner works great for me too. The best thing to do with curly hair is to leave it alone. Less product and fuss the better it looks.

Li0ness

Ferocity, stubbornness and sass
Reaction score
TQueen @TQueen I also use Wen and their deep sweet almond mint conditioner works great for me too. The best thing to do with curly hair is to leave it alone. Less product and fuss the better it looks.
My scalp did not like Wen some years back. :/ Violently. I'm a Sensitive Child though.

Reactions: coffeeowl

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I've got a lady question. Ever since my last pregnancy, my hair has been frizzier and has held more static. My doc said it was just hormone changes and oh well maybe it'll go back. Well, like 2+ years later, it's still more frizzy than it was pre-pregnancies.

Does anyone have any good oils or anything they use to tame frizz? I also have curly hair that I straighten (which I know doesn't help the damage factor). I do use repair/protect type shampoo/conditioner, and I spray heat protectant in.
I have thick, frizzy, curly hair naturally. I used to straighten daily and still have frizz that nothing would help. My step mother, who was a wizard with hair, still couldn't help me. I could never afford one of those blow-out treatments at the salon, so I took a chance on this and love it. My husband applies it for me and I can get three applications out of the bottle, which are done every 3-4 months depending on my laziness. It has made my hair so much softer and though it still gets wavy, I don't have to straighten nearly as much to be happy.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DHOET6W/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Li0ness

Ferocity, stubbornness and sass
Reaction score
I have thick, frizzy, curly hair naturally. I used to straighten daily and still have frizz that nothing would help. My step mother, who was a wizard with hair, still couldn't help me. I could never afford one of those blow-out treatments at the salon, so I took a chance on this and love it. My husband applies it for me and I can get three applications out of the bottle, which are done every 3-4 months depending on my laziness. It has made my hair so much softer and though it still gets wavy, I don't have to straighten nearly as much to be happy.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DHOET6W/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
*bookmarks the shit out of that* I had one blowout once and it was like the best six hair months of my life. I know what my next self-care/pampering purchase is going to be! (Curiosity, since you're getting 3 apps out of one bottle, how long/thick is your hair?)

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
My scalp did not like Wen some years back. :/ Violently. I'm a Sensitive Child though.
I understand. I'm usually sensitive to stuff too but I was fine with Wen. I can't use many store brands and especially skin care. Don't get me started on down or my hives will pop up! A friend gave me some as a present and I was surprised at how much I liked it.

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
*bookmarks the shit out of that* I had one blowout once and it was like the best six hair months of my life. I know what my next self-care/pampering purchase is going to be! (Curiosity, since you're getting 3 apps out of one bottle, how long/thick is your hair?)
I wish I could give you a "before pic" when I use the clarifying shampoo before the actual application part of using this. My hair looks like its been teased out about a foot in each direction in relation to thickness before. I tend to keep my hair just past my shoulders. Here's a pic after an application a couple of years ago that best shows the results. I tend to just straighten the hair framing my face since for some reason that never stays straight.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
fiance's dad wants me to build him a website and "I don't know how to do that" is not getting through ...

ElleWoods

Walking in a Turker Wonderland
Contributor
Reaction score

YES! I just got this amazing oil in my birchbox this month and I love it. It's called Beauty Protector Protect & Oil and it keeps my hair so smooth and soft for days! A little goes a long way!

ElleWoods

Walking in a Turker Wonderland
Contributor
Reaction score
I wish I could give you a "before pic" when I use the clarifying shampoo before the actual application part of using this. My hair looks like its been teased out about a foot in each direction in relation to thickness before. I tend to keep my hair just past my shoulders. Here's a pic after an application a couple of years ago that best shows the results. I tend to just straighten the hair framing my face since for some reason that never stays straight.

You're so cute. I want to bite your cheeks.