Skin Care / Beauty Products

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Basically to not look old and dry. I don't wear makeup, so I don't need to prep for that or anything.
You need a good basic moisturizer. I usually use a thicker one at night and layers of light hydration during the day. Remember, sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen!

This is a great one but it does have high alcohol content so if you're sensitive to that, proceed with caution. Japanese and Korean sunscreens are great because they feel much lighter on your face and don't smell like western sunscreens. The UVA protection is far better, as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Biore-KAO-JAPAN-Sarasara-Sunscreen/dp/B00SM99KWU

I use this one as my body sunscreen. It's also light feeling on your skin and has a very mild fragrance.

https://www.amazon.com/Nivea-Protect-Super-Water-Japan/dp/B00SM997I2

This one is probably my favorite for my skin and it's water resistant, unlike the other two. It's smaller and more pricey, though.

https://www.amazon.com/Biore-SARASARA-Perfect-Bright-SPF50/dp/B00SM99KWA/

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
You need a good basic moisturizer.
Everyfuckingthing is breaking me out lately... (I'm thinking it's the PCOS....) So I've been using the cheapy vitamin E oil blend that breaks me out the least.... :/

Reactions: Vanyanka

TotalBabe

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I bought this shampoo a few days ago and thought it had a pretty unique fragrance. It reminds me of some kind of perfume I had once (but I can't remember which one). Anyway, it's nice and I thought someone else might like it, too. It's limited edition, by the way (a holiday sort of thing). It was about $6 at Walmart. :)

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I bought this shampoo a few days ago and thought it had a pretty unique fragrance. It reminds me of some kind of perfume I had once (but I can't remember which one). Anyway, it's nice and I thought someone else might like it, too. It's limited edition, by the way (a holiday sort of thing). It was about $6 at Walmart. :)
Oooh, Champagne Fizz. I have to try that.

Reactions: TotalBabe

SliceofLife

Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that. I'm gonna have to try it. I usually get the biotin or the coconut one but will definitely try this one.

Reactions: TotalBabe

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
Nail polish fiends! Zoya is having another sale, 4 polishes (or lipsticks) for $15 including shipping. I know nothing about their lipsticks but their polish is super high quality. Code ZOYA4. http://www.zoya.com/

Ends 1/16. Per the email you can get a mix of both items (up to 4).

Last edited:

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Nail polish fiends! Zoya is having another sale, 4 polishes (or lipsticks) for $15 including shipping. I know nothing about their lipsticks but their polish is super high quality. Code ZOYA4. http://www.zoya.com/

Ends 1/16. Per the email you can get a mix of both items (up to 4).
This was the best deal ever.

Reactions: jklmnop

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I have three Memebox $10 coupon codes and you can only use one per order. PM me if you want one.

http://share.memebox.com/x/1HxwpA

You can use my referral link to get 20% off an order of $25 or more and I'll get another $10 coupon code, lol. Round and round we go.

Or just go directly to website: https://us.memebox.com

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Recently started using a diy clay mask and I freaking love it so far. Bentonite clay, activated charcoal, and distilled water. I already use the bentonite in my hair sometimes so I wanted to try a mask again. Looking for a new cleanser though. I was previously bouncing back and forth between Giovanni :eek:Tox system and a daily wash by Whole Food's Everyday 365 brand. Don't need anything fancy but may try Derma E Refining Vitamin A and Glycolic Cleanser.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I have some Bentonite Clay I got for to calm my stomach but I never used it. I should try making my own mud masks because it would probably save me money and I could leave out irritating ingredients.

I'm always on the hunt for a new cleanser. I've never found one I'm totally in love with. Right now, I really like Tosowoong Enzyme Powder Wash. It sounds weird but it really gets all the gunk off my face. I'll alternate with Glossier Jelly Wash and Cosrx Low Ph Good Morning Gel Cleanser . I think I'll give a couple of yours a try.

Reactions: Yatagarasu

Yatagarasu

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I have some Bentonite Clay I got for to calm my stomach but I never used it. I should try making my own mud masks because it would probably save me money and I could leave out irritating ingredients.

I'm always on the hunt for a new cleanser. I've never found one I'm totally in love with. Right now, I really like Tosowoong Enzyme Powder Wash. It sounds weird but it really gets all the gunk off my face. I'll alternate with Glossier Jelly Wash and Cosrx Low Ph Good Morning Gel Cleanser . I think I'll give a couple of yours a try.
Same for me with cleansers. I can't say I've found one yet that I'm head over heels for. Just ordered the Derma E so we'll see how that goes. Mud masks at home are super easy and definitely can save you a lot of money. I had a sudden dermatitis flare up last week (still have no clue why) that was the worst yet and the mask has been helping tremendously.

Last edited:

Dia

Reaction score
I made my first foray into K-Beauty today and ordered a couple things today. Anyone else into skincare?
I am totally into skincare lately. Over the last couple of years I noticed I was having a lot of skin sensitivity and irritation with products I used to use, so then I started researching and looking into how to make organic products myself. I now make my own lotions, toners, face masks and moisturizer with no skin irritation and even better results than the in-store products.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I am totally into skincare lately. Over the last couple of years I noticed I was having a lot of skin sensitivity and irritation with products I used to use, so then I started researching and looking into how to make organic products myself. I now make my own lotions, toners, face masks and moisturizer with no skin irritation and even better results than the in-store products.
That's awesome. I've really thought about making my own skincare products since my skin is so sensitive but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Yatagarasu

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
So the site from which I bought the Derma E had the old packaging pictured and it's actually now some sort of anti-wrinkle face wash. If you've seen my baby face you know looking younger is most definitely not the direction I'd like to go in lol. I like it though. I'm going to have to chill on the mask I was using because the pipes in our apartment can't handle the clay well. I had to unclog both the sink and tub (sometimes I use bentonite for my hair). Argan oil is still working out. I may also give African black soap another go because I plan to make more liquid soap for use as body wash. The bar soap I last bought leaves so much residue thanks to the water quality here. I want to first get some foam pump bottles to keep it in.