Survivor Season 5 Challenge Thread

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
WEEK 8 RESULTS
Social Butterflies

Wow, first and foremost, you are all rock stars for killing it on this challenge this week! Don’t forget to keep posting, even when it’s not a challenge next week or we’ll hack you up with a machete.​

If you made at least 12 posts on the Daily Thread between Tuesday and Thursday, you earned a point. We had some additional bonus points categories that were (probably) secret:​

Helpful - gave useful, turk or forum related knowledge to another member

Hit Post - Shared a Hit, whether it was an export or even just the group ID

Welcome - Made a new turker feel welcomed with open arms

Birthday - Wished someone a Happy Birthday

Most Posts - JenniLeigh made over 200 posts in the span of 3 days!

savvy @savvy - 3 points (12, Hit, Welcome)
Turtlefemm @Turtlefemm - 3 points (12, Welcome, Birthday)
mboone73 @mboone73 - 2 points (12 & Hit)
MeTurks @MeTurks - 5 points (12, Helpful, Hit, Welcome, Birthday)
basketcasey @easterbasketcasey - 3 points (12, Welcome, Birthday)
DareAngel3 @DareAngel3 - 4 points (12, Helpful, Hit, Birthday)
LucyO @LucyO - 5 points (12, Helpful, Hit, Welcome, Birthday)
JenniLeigh @JenniLeigh - 5 points (12, Helpful, Hit, Welcome, Most)
Katia2019 @Katia2019 - 4 points (12, Helpful, Hit, Welcome)
Despairagus @Despairagus - 4 points (12, Helpful, Hit, Welcome)
420incognito @420incognito - 2 points (12, Hit)

Sadly, only 5 of you will be moving forward to next week. The Leader Board will be updated one last time with points. We will be giving out gift cards to those not moving forward over the next couple of weeks. Keep an eye on your PMs for your gift codes. Thank you for really embracing this week's (and previous weeks') challenge. It was so fun being able to see the great mix of banter, helpfulness, and work related posts.

Without further adieu, the five castaways moving to next week are:

DareAngel3 @DareAngel3
MeTurks @MeTurks
LucyO @LucyO
basketcasey @easterbasketcasey
Despairagus @Despairagus

Vanyanka @Vanyanka and I look forward to torturing challenging you next week!

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I got lucky on that one. If I hadn't suckered for (I cant remember who it was)'s little fake "send me the PANDA" post.
I was very proud of you for pulling that info for him, even if he later said he didn't need it. :cautious:

I bet it helped someone else grab the Hit!

Reactions: LucyO and MeTurks

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Welcome to the Top Five!

As of this moment, DareAngel3 @DareAngel3 , MeTurks @MeTurks , basketcasey @easterbasketcasey, Despairagus @Despairagus, and LucyO @LucyO are all on even ground. From here on out, no more points will be accumulated on the leaderboard. You survive or you are eliminated, that’s it.

WEEK 9 CHALLENGE

Musical Chairs, Maybe?

Remember playing Musical Chairs in grade school? When the music stopped, everyone tried to grab a seat, but there was always one missing. Chaos, wounded feelings, shoving, and sometimes missing fingers abounded. Good memories. This week you’ll be playing a version of this cherished childhood game.

Rules:

Tomorrow morning, a new thread will be opened in Forum Games named Musical Chairs - Season 5. This is where the game will be played.

The challenge will run 3 days, Tuesday-Thursday.

There will be 6 rounds each day.

Each time Vanyanka or scrmcasey posts “SIT!” in the dedicated thread, you must take a “seat.” To do this, post any gif, photo, or fun saying.

Rounds will be posted at different times each day and the length is random.

Once a thread is locked, that round is over.

The first person to post “SIT” after each round will receive 3 points. The next person will receive 2, and each person after that will receive 1. If you miss a round, there are no penalties, you just don’t receive any points.

The person with the lowest amount of points at the end of the last round on Thursday will be eliminated.

Note: Existing leaderboard points will be used to determine how much your parting Amazon Gift Card amount will be.

basketcasey

Curiouser and curiouser
Mentor
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Super Smart
Reaction score
Welcome to the Top Five!

As of this moment, DareAngel3 @DareAngel3 , MeTurks @MeTurks , basketcasey @easterbasketcasey, Despairagus @Despairagus, and LucyO @LucyO are all on even ground. From here on out, no more points will be accumulated on the leaderboard. You survive or you are eliminated, that’s it.

WEEK 9 CHALLENGE

Musical Chairs, Maybe?

Remember playing Musical Chairs in grade school? When the music stopped, everyone tried to grab a seat, but there was always one missing. Chaos, wounded feelings, shoving, and sometimes missing fingers abounded. Good memories. This week you’ll be playing a version of this cherished childhood game.

Rules:

Tomorrow morning, a new thread will be opened in Forum Games named Musical Chairs - Season 5. This is where the game will be played.

The challenge will run 3 days, Tuesday-Thursday.

There will be 6 rounds each day.

Each time Vanyanka or scrmcasey posts “SIT!” in the dedicated thread, you must take a “seat.” To do this, post any gif, photo, or fun saying.

Rounds will be posted at different times each day and the length is random.

Once a thread is locked, that round is over.

The first person to post “SIT” after each round will receive 3 points. The next person will receive 2, and each person after that will receive 1. If you miss a round, there are no penalties, you just don’t receive any points.

The person with the lowest amount of points at the end of the last round on Thursday will be eliminated.

Note: Existing leaderboard points will be used to determine how much your parting Amazon Gift Card amount will be.
I prefer laying down