How many kids do you have?

• 4+

Results are only viewable after voting.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I feel like I want a second kid but I'm scared to at the same time. The only person with more than one kid that I get a personal look at their life is my sister, and she has pretty significant mental illnesses so I don't feel like that's an accurate representation. So...tell me what it's like to have more than one? The good, the bad, and the ugly.

DareAngel3

Contributor
Spoonfeeder
Survey Slayer
Very Versatile
Reaction score
I feel like I want a second kid but I'm scared to at the same time. The only person with more than one kid that I get a personal look at their life is my sister, and she has pretty significant mental illnesses so I don't feel like that's an accurate representation. So...tell me what it's like to have more than one? The good, the bad, and the ugly.
I love having two. Mine are 22 months apart, so they're really close and I think that makes it a little easier. They can share clothes and toys :raisedhands:
Of course there's the "he's touching me!" and all of that. But in general they help entertain each other and look out for each other. They will play together for hours with minimal parental assistance. Their hand holding and hugs and cuddles are super precious.
I really don't think it's that much more expensive (at least at this age) but I had my girl second so she just wears her brother's clothes, and I save everything so we already had toys and bottles and etc. They have no problem sharing a bed/room, so that helps too. Again, it's kind of age dependent. That's not going to fly when they're teenagers and I refuse to think about that LOL.
Downsides: my entire car is full of kids and their associated needs. Shopping cart is full of kids. I'm dreading the day my oldest is too big for the cart and actually has to walk. Even with my little age gap, my son is too big for the toddler pool and my daughter too little for the big pool. (First world problems.) Mainly just... logistical things?

Reactions: themildone