What does your username mean?

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
I thought it was the name of your siamese twin sister from whom you were separated.

http://www.mturkcrowd.com/posts/834965/
My mom has a sister who looks like her twin. They are not, but my mom's younger sister had a twin who died during child birth. My mom and her sisters were all separated when my grandmother on that side died.

Kat8mouse

Kat Master
Contributor
Reaction score
I chose mine a long time ago when I first got on the internet back in the AOL chatroom days. My name is Kathy so I used the "Kat" part of my name and thought about what cats do and they eat mice - so I came up with Kat8mouse = cat ate mouse :cat:

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
My first screen name and first avatar. I was twelve. Geocities, Angelfire, AOL, AIM, Myspace, Facebook... After 15+ years of never changing it, it's a running joke. I'm that girl who never, ever, changes her profile pic.

Turtlefemm

Mostly a Turtle
Contributor
Mentor
Reaction score
Um..Turtle has been a real world nickname for me and I'm a girl. :p Hence Turtle + femm. (there might or might not have been more meaning to the "femm" part back when I tacked it together, but it's irrelevant now) I have been using this name since back in the AOL dial-up days and it became my first user name in the first game I played online (Runescape) in 2001. I am usually "the" turtle, in all of the forums (and games) I hang out in, but I'm sort of just "a" turtle here. *sniff* :turtle: My avatar is just one of many turtles I have used. I made it my very own self in Illustrator.. or Photoshop... or both.. I forget... I started out as Zethara in here, but had the admins change it. Zethara is my "art" name. Creativity.. not Mturkivity.. BLERGH...

chuchotant

I made that batch faaamous
Reaction score
[En] Chuchotant (shoo-show-tuh) means whispering in French. Ever since first taking French back in 1991, I've loved the word. (2nd favorite word is also French word: zezayer (zeh-zeh-yay) which means to lisp (which I have)).
I am a scorpio and one of the symbols of scorpios is the phoenix. I think I was just searching for phoenix and my avatar image came up. I liked it and it reminded me of a phoenix in an abstract way.

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I don't even remember where I heard this name or why I chose it. It's similarish to my real name, so I guess that's kinda cool. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Eveline is the name of two kinds of plants, which happen to look really similar. :heart:

Veronica 'Eveline' , Salvia 'Eveline'

And my name is a variant of my own name. I think having Merry in my name made me into a nicer person. :merrylou:

Leon Powalski

Contributor
Reaction score
How about Leon Powalski @Leon Powalski and lil queen trashmouth @lil queen trashmouth? I'm curious about those!
I picked my name from the Star Fox video game series. I first used it when I played a browser strategy game called Starfleet Commander seven or so years ago. I chose it because I thought it sounded cool at the time, and it stuck with me in other games since then. My avatar is that of Leon Powalski. in the Star Fox games because it felt appropriate with the name I had chosen for myself.

StarfoxJ

Contributor
Reaction score
I picked my name from the Star Fox video game series. I first used it when I played a browser strategy game called Starfleet Commander seven or so years ago. I chose it because I thought it sounded cool at the time, and it stuck with me in other games since then. My avatar is that of Leon Powalski. in the Star Fox games because it felt appropriate with the name I had chosen for myself.
hey good timing.

chuchotant

I made that batch faaamous
Reaction score
mine is my last initial and first name...

Was confusing for some as they thought it was "Sryian" and according to kryss @kryss Its Shawn... :cautious:

My avatar was chosen back in the day by an old member of MTG which was a ghost and now i have adopted this one now.
Everytime I see your name I have to mentally read out S Ryan and not aryan cause every time I initially read aryan and I'm immediately like oh shit
fools just brazen with their shit now. Well now that I have this background info, I probably wont read aryan anymore.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
mine is my last initial and first name...

Was confusing for some as they thought it was "Sryian" and according to kryss @kryss Its Shawn... :cautious:

My avatar was chosen back in the day by an old member of MTG which was a ghost and now i have adopted this one now.
I thought it was a tricky way of saying "It's Ryan". Like, "Hey.. 's Ryan."