01/12 - The Phenomenal Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsAmyTee

Corgo
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
While we are on the subject of taxes, anyone know if I can just lump all my earnings together under self employment or do I have to separate them? (ie, art sales, ebay sales, mturk) This will be my first year filling with multiple sources of income without any w2s.
Not an expert here, but I lump all my income (usually between 6-10 sources) into one.

Reactions: FrenchToast
D

Deleted member 526

Business Income/(Loss) - Schedule C or F

we are schedule C right? I'm pretty sure that sounds like last year but not sure

Bad Turkey

Reaction score
5 minutes going slow

Title: Go through a quick survey that evaluates your customer service expectation | PANDA
Requester: CEB Customer Contact [A2FME3V74VSQKP] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fast: 4.67]
Description:
We are conducting primary research in the field of customer service and would like to understand what people expect in different ways of receiving information or getting customer service support.
Time: 24 hour(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.80
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95;

Reactions: Starslip

Lauren

Reaction score
It's lame because it is. Just like buying things you need is lamer than buying things you want.
yeah, this month I need to:
go to the gynecologist
go to the eye doctor
buy contacts
get my oil changed
get my car washed
get my brakes changed

and i'm like crap. i don't want to spend money on these things lol. that's like at least $500 worth of things that are not fun things. :(

Reactions: lsutiger25

lsutiger25

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm usually not worried to much about owing....we pay so much in student loans and insurance that we write off a ton

Reactions: SweetiePuff
D

Deleted member 526

but that's before I write everything off imaginable

someone let me borrow your kid

Reactions: lsutiger25

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
from clickhappier @clickhappier 's post regarding the home office deduction:

Your primary place of business being based at home does not mean you necessarily can or should actually use the 'Home Office' deduction on your Schedule C (a deduction for a percentage of your rent/mortgage and such, based on % of your home's sq ft dedicated to the home office). The reason this deduction is kind of infamous for increasing the chance of an audit is because it is supposed to only be used for an office space which is clearly demarcated from the rest of the home and used only for the self-employment business. This is not the case in most people's homes - people usually don't have a separate computer on a separate desk, either in a dedicated room or with a line of duct tape surrounding the area on the floor, that they and other family/friends/roommates never use for personal activities when not in use for working on the self-employment business. My primary source of income for the past decade has been home-based self-employment, and I have never used the 'Home Office' deduction, because I don't have a dedicated home office space.

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I know we're all trying to evade taxes. But Zoltars are still trickling in if anyone is still doing them.
This trickle is horrible. I don't want to run other Pandas at the same time as the Zoltar panda to avoid PRE hell, but the Zoltars are coming in so slow!. Every time I think, ok, I'll turn it off now, I grab another one.

Reactions: ItsAmyTee and Pleco
Status
Not open for further replies.