01/12 - The Phenomenal Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lauren

Reaction score
I know there is ALWAYS a chance...but say if you make a decent income in theory 200k+ and you don't claim the 6-7k you make from turking ....the chances of being flagged are probably very slim
i would say 6-7k is way too much to not claim. it's not like you occasionally babysit once a month or shovel some snow and make a few hundred over the winter. i know it's proportionally a low number compared to the other income but that's still a lot of money and it's not cash so it's easy to be traced.

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Investigating Semantic Representations(~ 20 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Dermot Lynott [A325L0H6Q5L71I] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 4.50] [Fair: 4.60] [Comm: 3.40] [Fast: 4.64] [Reviews: 19] [ToS: 0]
Description:
A multiple choice survey about common words
Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $2.75
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100; Exc: [30922-30333] has not been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 97; Adult Content Qualification is 1; Location is one of: US;
HIT posted from Mturk Suite v1.2.1

Lauren

Reaction score
hahaha my husband said the other night we should have more just for the 18 year write off
my parents joked about getting divorced so I'd get some financial aid for college

minkyboodle

"And there you have it"
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Got a Job in Austin thinking it would be all fun. Now I'm reading about bad traffic and rent costs rising. Is 12k more pay worth it? Advice from anyone who live(d) there? I live in VA rn.
Note before reading this that I am not an expert or resident of TX, but..I have friends in TX that don't live in Austin, but have traveled there often enough that I can confirm that traffic is bad. Rent costs are rising, but the cost of living is still relatively low in TX as a whole, so it should all balance out. Another piece of advice is that the motto there is "Keep Austin Weird" and it can be pretty diverse, with a really decent local music scene.

Again, this is based off of communications with TX friends, and not official advice upon which you should base such an important decision. Definitely do some research/Google-Fu, etc. (Maybe post something in r/Austin for info from local residents, too.) Either way, good luck!

Reactions: neeb2k3

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Comparing Things | PANDA
Requester: SU Cognition Lab [AGFM6UHDCNNF] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 3.67] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A] [Reviews: 6] [ToS: 0]
Description:
Rate the similarity between a few situations.
Time: 60 minutes
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is US;

Lauren

Reaction score
Got a Job in Austin thinking it would be all fun. Now I'm reading about bad traffic and rent costs rising. Is 12k more pay worth it? Advice from anyone who live(d) there? I live in VA rn.
that depends on if you're going from 40k to 52k or if you're going from 250k to 262k.

charlie

Reaction score
about a minute to get U2 tickets for Dallas. Can't wait!

Reactions: minkyboodle

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Academic survey (20 minutes) on consumers' reactions towards video on demand services. | PANDA
Requester: Christina [A387X72VSPGWHH] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 3.09] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 2.33] [Fast: 4.57] [Reviews: 30] [ToS: 0]
Description:
As part of my thesis I am conducting an academic survey on consumer behavior, in particular towards different services of video on demand providers. So I would like to ask you for your support! Answering the questionnaire will take about 25 minutes.
Time: 60 minutes
Reward: $1.20
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 95;

Kat8mouse

Kat Master
Contributor
Reaction score
about a minute to get U2 tickets for Dallas. Can't wait!
I wish I could go -- closest they are coming to me is Washington, DC - and I refuse to sit in Fed Ex Field (Cowboys fan here) :D

I saw them 3 times in the 80's. Truly one of the best live acts EVER!!

Reactions: NirvanaFan

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I can confirm that both of those things are true. I live ~40 min from Austin. The part of Austin that people get so crazy about (the quirky-ness and music) is actually quite small, and only considered quirky because it's surrounded by more conservative minded communities.

Someone else mentioned it matters how much you're actually making, but I'm sure there are plenty of cost of living calculators out there on the internet.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Note before reading this that I am not an expert or resident of TX, but..I have friends in TX that don't live in Austin, but have traveled there often enough that I can confirm that traffic is bad. Rent costs are rising, but the cost of living is still relatively low in TX as a whole, so it should all balance out. Another piece of advice is that the motto there is "Keep Austin Weird" and it can be pretty diverse, with a really decent local music scene.

Again, this is based off of communications with TX friends, and not official advice upon which you should base such an important decision. Definitely do some research/Google-Fu, etc. (Maybe post something in r/Austin for info from local residents, too.) Either way, good luck!
My father lives near austin.

Do not recommend, you might run into him.

Lauren

Reaction score
I'm usually not worried to much about owing....we pay so much in student loans and insurance that we write off a ton
only the interest on student loans is deductible, and only up to 2500 I think. i pay around 20k a year in student loans and i'm definitely still paying income tax on most of that. i'm not someone who thinks the government should pay for everyone to go to college, but come on at least give us a break with the income tax...

Reactions: lsutiger25

MrTrentSD

Alive and Kicking
Contributor
Reaction score
As for traffic...it depends on where you decide to live. In a former life I lived in a condo complex behind my office. I walked to work & walked home for lunch.

ProTip: Live close to work.

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
You'll save yourself a lot of time and headache if you just go see a tax professional at HR block or someplace close. They'll even give you concrete advice on what you can write off and what you need to do to properly write something off. Don't be afraid of an audit if you do everything correctly and a tax professional will make sure you do so. It'll save you money in the long run

Reactions: P L A Y E R 9 1
Status
Not open for further replies.