01/12 - The Phenomenal Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsutiger25

Contributor
Reaction score
yeah i was saying how ridiculous it is how doctors overcharge for stuff that it's getting so ridiculous. but maybe if tuition wasn't through the roof and people didn't try to sue them every 5 seconds, they could lower what they cost.

It should not cost more than like $20 for:
doctor: "how is everything? any problems?"
me: "no"
doctor: "ok great, here's a refill for your prescription which is not included with the $180 I'm charging you for this two minute visit you're required to come to just to get a refill on your prescription even though you could've told me you were ok over the phone"
I agree- but its not even the student loans or the malpractice insurance.... its as much as I hate to say it the new government regulations and "Obamacare" as an ER doctor my husband would make say $100 for just walking into the room YEARS ago- insurance would be billed $175 for that visit...and they would settle at $100....

But now with insurance costs going up and more people HAVING to be covered...in order for my husband to receive that same $100 he has to bill the insurance $200-$225 to finally settle on the $100....( I hope that makes sense)

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Answer a 12 - 15 minute survey about life events! MUST HAVE USED RIDESHARING SERVICE (UBER, LYFT) IN PAST YEAR TO PARTICIPATE. | PANDA
Requester: Arianna Uhalde [A2IOLZD0MTV7GR] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 3.07] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: 5.00] [Reviews: 15] [ToS: 0]
Description:
Answer a 12 - 15 minute survey about life events. You will be asked to describe and rate various events you've experienced, and answer questions about yourself.
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 35
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: Location is US;
HIT posted from Mturk Suite v1.2.1

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
I agree- but its not even the student loans or the malpractice insurance.... its as much as I hate to say it the new government regulations and "Obamacare" as an ER doctor my husband would make say $100 for just walking into the room YEARS ago- insurance would be billed $175 for that visit...and they would settle at $100....

But now with insurance costs going up and more people HAVING to be covered...in order for my husband to receive that same $100 he has to bill the insurance $200-$225 to finally settle on the $100....( I hope that makes sense)
Its a vicious cycle

Reactions: lsutiger25

minkyboodle

"And there you have it"
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Good way to scare them away :p
Right? I understand that they might have thought that would increase business, but it seems like something that would actually minimize it, because there is sure to be an argument/falling out/possible breakup. It's not like they wouldn't know where the email came from, or who provided the info.
I mean, I'm sorry Beyonce, but liking it does not always mean one should have to put a ring on it..

Reactions: Drwho10

Matilda Jones

Grey Ghost
Contributor
Reaction score

ecko

Contributor
Reaction score
yeah i was saying how ridiculous it is how doctors overcharge for stuff that it's getting so ridiculous. but maybe if tuition wasn't through the roof and people didn't try to sue them every 5 seconds, they could lower what they cost.

It should not cost more than like $20 for:
doctor: "how is everything? any problems?"
me: "no"
doctor: "ok great, here's a refill for your prescription which is not included with the $180 I'm charging you for this two minute visit you're required to come to just to get a refill on your prescription even though you could've told me you were ok over the phone"
This sounds like you and I have the exact same Dr. Once a month, 5min, $200.

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Group Attributions | PANDA
Requester: Richard Grove [A1RA6NWMG8JYTU] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 3.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: 5.00] [Reviews: 4] [ToS: 0]
Description:
Indicate the characteristics of different groups.
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 90; Location is US;

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score

In other news, I just got a rogue Z that was a "proposal planning" company...with a thing at the bottom that was like, "Hey ladies, want to give him a nudge? Just enter his email and we'll email him about our services. It will be our little secret." Whoa. :yuck:

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Investigating Semantic Representations(~ 20 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Dermot Lynott [A325L0H6Q5L71I] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 4.50] [Fair: 4.60] [Comm: 3.40] [Fast: 4.64] [Reviews: 19] [ToS: 0]
Description:
A multiple choice survey about common words
Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $2.75
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100; Exc: [30995-30406] has not been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 97; Adult Content Qualification is 1; Location is one of: US;

lsutiger25

Contributor
Reaction score
Its a vicious cycle
exactly...people don't understand that with all the new regulations ( which I am for most of them) that in order for him to get paid the same, he HAS to charge the insurance company more....which in turn the insurance companies charge the individual policy holders more

Reactions: Drwho10

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score

In other news, I just got a rogue Z that was a "proposal planning" company...with a thing at the bottom that was like, "Hey ladies, want to give him a nudge? Just enter his email and we'll email him about our services. It will be our little secret." Whoa. :yuck:
I had one last week that sold fake positive pregnancy test results. I feel like these sites are more similar than different.

lsutiger25

Contributor
Reaction score
Another thing he does that helps us save money on taxes is he volunteers at a free clinic a few days a month which allows him to get "credit" for those hours.

ctraltDel

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone done these?
They seem like they'd be good pay but the directions are vague.

Title: Describe types (i.e., city, politician, movie, company, concept) of a noun phrase in a sentence. | PANDA
Requester: Eunsol Choi [AEI2OW0KWI2B7] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 5.00] [Fair: 3.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fast: 5.00]
Description:
Given a sentence and a noun phrase in it, please name the types (i.e., sports player, furniture, city, movie, album, war).
Time: 10 minutes
HITs Available: 77
Reward: $0.25
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is greater than 1000; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 96;

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
exactly...people don't understand that with all the new regulations ( which I am for most of them) that in order for him to get paid the same, he HAS to charge the insurance company more....which in turn the insurance companies charge the individual policy holders more
Yeah and it just keeps going up and up until people complain and the government makes more new regulations that'll just lead to doctors having to charge more without seeing a cent more for their services. Unfortunate that a lot of people don't realize the doctor is a small part of the financial pie when it comes to medical care even though they're the most important

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.