01/14 - Munificent Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kliq

Reaction score
Title: Answer a short survey about online personal finance education resources. | Accept
Requester: Kristen Burnell [A1C2XYXQ6KFLN7] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=3.85] [Fast=4.43] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=4.00] [Reviews=14] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=30.00] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.87
Duration: 30:00
Available: 1
Description: The purpose of this study is to identify and understand when and how millennials use online personal finance education resources.
Qualifications: Millennials EqualTo 1; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
not going to lie, i feel so lost after taking a 2 year break from mturk. used to rely on a9s in the afternoon for some easy batch work and wallstreets. now i feel like its a crapshoot with surveys and easy batches
It definitely feels a bit more rough to me than it used to, but there's still money to be made. You just can't be as choosy as you once could. A single batch could make or break a day, so you kinda always have to make sure you're on it when something posts.

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
10th email from my daughter's school about a Thursday night presentation - how to stay calm with a teen.
They say: my apologies for such frequent emails regarding this event,
but it's how we get you to respond!!
:angry2:
That's actually somewhat stunning in it's honesty.

alk69

Reaction score
It's funny. She didn't even steal the wine, since she would have had to dispose of the pringles and transfer it.
"Person Drinks "Road Soda"! News at 11."
Don't know. Sounds like she was shop-lifting it by carrying it out of the store concealed in her body...'course she hadn't actually left the store at that time. Would it be shop-lifting if you lived in the store?..It's a ''big box store'', isn't it?......I can see the book now: I lived in a box in the Walmart.

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
That's about the only thing I didn't mention or refer to. I also, in some many words, referred to how cheap they were when it came to helping us instead of hindering us.
I also included another comment, which is how I could tell it was a canned email. I just feel like it's one of those cases where no contact would have been better than a generic response. It also gave off a "placate" kind of vibe, as if they don't really want our feedback, but they're willing to listen to it for our sake.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
not going to lie, i feel so lost after taking a 2 year break from mturk. used to rely on a9s in the afternoon for some easy batch work and wallstreets. now i feel like its a crapshoot with surveys and easy batches
It's a different world now. Tribes have formed. Turkers fall off every day, unable to sustain themselves with the meager pennies. We eat their carcasses to keep alive. It's brutal.

Two Lakes
Yeti
NetSMI

They're all gone now.... long gone.........

Turtlefemm

Mostly a Turtle
Contributor
Mentor
Reaction score
Has anyone discerned any "give" on the part of AMT with regard to our weekly reports? I had an email from them this morning and felt compelled to respond to it, the nits.
I got the thanks for your feedback email... This "Please note that all the information “Weekly Worker Activity Report” contained is available on your Worker dashboard, which you can review here: https://worker.mturk.com/dashboard" is ridiculous. All of the information for 45 days is available, sure... and we just have to work out which days are what week, add up whatever earnings it recorded for the days, and then somehow save it so that it looks officially like a record (for those of us who need the proof of income). Or pore through our external, third party database if we've lost whatever section of days we need, if we even have a third party database. Bleh... I have no idea what their real agenda for dumping the reports is, but I don't get the feeling they're going to change their minds. I responded to the email, though...

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
I got the thanks for your feedback email... This "Please note that all the information “Weekly Worker Activity Report” contained is available on your Worker dashboard, which you can review here: https://worker.mturk.com/dashboard" is ridiculous. All of the information for 45 days is available, sure... and we just have to work out which days are what week, add up whatever earnings it recorded for the days, and then somehow save it so that it looks officially like a record (for those of us who need the proof of income). Or pore through our external, third party database if we've lost whatever section of days we need, if we even have a third party database. Bleh... I have no idea what their real agenda for dumping the reports is, but I don't get the feeling they're going to change their minds. I responded to the email, though...
yeah, totally agree.
show me where the weekly bonus totals are.

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
Title: 30-minute Survey on Drug Attitudes and Opinions | Accept
Requester: JHU Decision Making Lab [A2UDVZDMUT5FO4] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=2.12] [Fast=3.25] [Comm=1.90] [Fair=3.00] [Reviews=46] [ToS=1]
TO2: [Hrly=3.59] [Pen=0.75 days] [Res=0%] [Rec=20%] [Rej=1] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 4.00
Duration: 4:00:00
Available: 23
Description: 30-minute survey on attitudes toward drug use: several questionnaires and psychology-based tasks
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
just caught this, anyone want to take the plunge[/td][/tr]
caught on panda, T.O. too bloody for me, sending back in a few

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
I can't get to those, Some nonsense about "More Authentication Required," and I'm not trusting what I see when I try and do that. Boy, does this day really, really, really suck so far.
It just has you relog into Amazon right there. Not a big deal, makes me do it every time. I don't even have to type password. It already remembers it.

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Picture Naming Experiment 1Accept
Requester: Nozari Lab [AOHQOH16HWQJM] Contact
TV: $10.42/hr TO: 2.59 TO2: $12.00/hr
Reward: $9.00
Duration: 3 hours
Available: 1
Description: Participate in a study to understand typing. You will type the names of pictures as quickly as you can. The task can be completed in less than an hour (not including optional breaks). There is a short test of typing accuracy and speed at the beginning to determine eligibility.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
How long roughly was the completion time if anyone knows?
It was an hour (possibly more but I'm afraid to look) of torture. I knew what I was getting myself into, but I'm stubborn and I regretted it the whole way through. :dead:

keladry2009

Reaction score
Title: Survey About Your Opinions(~ 15 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Drew Jacoby [AG38F7SIFIZAE] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$8.89] [Pay=3.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.62] [Fast=4.60] [Comm=3.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=18] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=5.47] [Pen=0.03 days] [Res=null] [Rec=0%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.25
Duration: 1:35:00
Available: 35
Description: You will be asked your opinion. This HIT includes a pre-screen survey.
Qualifications: Exc: [110165269-122337] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

keladry2009

Reaction score
Title: Short online shopping survey | Accept
Requester: b-research [A16C9E7DVXREJ0] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$23.48] [Pay=4.89] [Fast=null] [Comm=3.00] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.08] [Fast=4.50] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=16] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=10.47] [Pen=1.14 days] [Res=null] [Rec=93%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=1]
Reward: 0.90
Duration: 45:00
Available: 15
Description: -
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: Bliss

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
ive probably never mentioned it before, but usertesting.com can help

Reactions: Despairagus
Status
Not open for further replies.