Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Picture Naming Experiment 1Accept
Requester: Nozari Lab [AOHQOH16HWQJM] Contact
TV: $10.42/hr TO: 2.59 TO2: $12.00/hr
Reward: $9.00
Duration: 3 hours
Available: 1
Description: Participate in a study to understand typing. You will type the names of pictures as quickly as you can. The task can be completed in less than an hour (not including optional breaks). There is a short test of typing accuracy and speed at the beginning to determine eligibility.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
How long roughly was the completion time if anyone knows?
This hit is psychological warfare that will make you question every mistake in your life that led you to accepting this HIT.

:cliff:

IndividualRace

Reaction score
Title: Health Information and Nutrition Decisions | Accept
Requester: Thais Zimbres [A2YAFTZVOE2H7X] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 30:00
Description: Share your perceptions, beliefs, and behaviors regarding a common nutrition decision that people make every day
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
2ish minutes[/td][/tr]

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
I also included another comment, which is how I could tell it was a canned email. I just feel like it's one of those cases where no contact would have been better than a generic response. It also gave off a "placate" kind of vibe, as if they don't really want our feedback, but they're willing to listen to it for our sake.
I woke up thinking about politics, and it was the politics of the original eMail I was thinking about.

Start with this premise: they didn't have to tell us ahead of time about curtailing the weekly reports. More fitting with their normal attitude with us to simply send us our last weekly's and tell us there would be no more, and not ask us for comment. Fini. End of story.

But they didn't do that. Plus, Metallica @Metallica got a longgg note from one of their CS people. So, I conclude that something changed, if only in the background (anything from a new department head to a temporarily mentally-deficient newbie in their ranks .. or both). Something is-- or was--different.

Reactions: Metallica

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
theyre an easy .40 they take me about 5 minutes each
when I say this, im not trying to down you in any way shape or form, but 5 minutes for 40 cents isn't really that good.

its less than 6 dollars an hour, which is well below the federal minimum wage. I believe that you keladry2009 @keladry2009 deserve the fucking world! You deserve only the best! and 5.00 an hour doesn't do you justice!

now lets burn this muther down! aaaahhhhhhhhhh!

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
I got the thanks for your feedback email... This "Please note that all the information “Weekly Worker Activity Report” contained is available on your Worker dashboard, which you can review here: https://worker.mturk.com/dashboard" is ridiculous. All of the information for 45 days is available, sure... and we just have to work out which days are what week, add up whatever earnings it recorded for the days, and then somehow save it so that it looks officially like a record (for those of us who need the proof of income). Or pore through our external, third party database if we've lost whatever section of days we need, if we even have a third party database. Bleh... I have no idea what their real agenda for dumping the reports is, but I don't get the feeling they're going to change their minds. I responded to the email, though...
Excellent. We need to respond to their inane responses. If there is a victory or sorts to be won here, and can't win it by giving up so easily. (See also my response to DareAngel3 @DareAngel3 below [I think])

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
It just has you relog into Amazon right there. Not a big deal, makes me do it every time. I don't even have to type password. It already remembers it.
When I followed it the html link had some kind of a ... weird name preceding it. Something that started with an "O," if I recall correctly. And it opened in a separate window: did that happen for you?

Reactions: Kennedy

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Answer a short survey about online personal finance education resources. | Accept
Requester: Kristen Burnell [A1C2XYXQ6KFLN7] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=3.85] [Fast=4.43] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=4.00] [Reviews=14] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=30.00] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.87
Duration: 30:00
Description: The purpose of this study is to identify and understand when and how millennials use online personal finance education resources.
Qualifications: Millennials EqualTo 1; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
It just has you relog into Amazon right there. Not a big deal, makes me do it every time. I don't even have to type password. It already remembers it.
I've still got it loaded. First it takes me to something called AWS, then goes to "/demeter.auth.us-west-2.amazoncognito.com/login?.." and wants to access all my social media. Weird.

keladry2009

Reaction score
when I say this, im not trying to down you in any way shape or form, but 5 minutes for 40 cents isn't really that good.

its less than 6 dollars an hour, which is well below the federal minimum wage. I believe that you keladry2009 @keladry2009 deserve the fucking world! You deserve only the best! and 5.00 an hour doesn't do you justice!

now lets burn this muther down! aaaahhhhhhhhhh!
i take no offense. im desperate haha they're not my favorite but they're a batch i can do while panda is going :p

Reactions: thedorchannel

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey folks (this seems to be my catchphrase),

I fell a bit behind on the plan to get the forum under our control but it should be happening today. The lack of communication from the other party makes this take a bit longer than it should. As I stated before, nothing will change immediately other than ownership of the cloud provider account in use. However, changes will be able to be made without waiting on someone else to answer back. The Xenforo license is getting renewed by the staff at some point which should allow us to fix broken things such as importing an avatar from a link and the jump to previous post feature. I'll share specifics later (today, hopefully) once the transfer happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.