• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Title: View and Judge Images(~ 15 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Alex [A366LLBBFU3A4C] (Contact)
TV: [Hrly: $17.74] [Pay: 4.21] [Fast: 4.80] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 3.41] [Fast: 3.81] [Comm: 3.69] [Fair: 3.97] [Reviews: 40] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: $11.868] [Pen: 0.49 days] [Res: ---] [Rec: 100% of 2] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Duration:
1 hour 30 minutes
Available: 5
Reward: $0.75
Description:
In this academic study, you will view images and make judgments about them.
Requirements: Exc: [-1138137562-123800] DoesNotExist; SurveyGroup [1666] DoesNotExist; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US

There are 3 others up if you click on the requester name. I'm not sure if they're all the same or if you can do them all or what.

Reactions: spchles1

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Morning, kids!:)
Looks like I showed up in time for a little batch.
Title: Categorize a human face | Accept
Requester: Elie Bursztein [A2UZFQTEYPSCS4] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$24.29] [Pay=4.74] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.90] [Fast=4.06] [Comm=4.33] [Fair=4.00] [Reviews=42] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=8.69] [Pen=0.67 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=1] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.08
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 3538
Description: Look at a human face and select the appropriate value for 10 facial attributes (hair color, eye color ...)
Qualifications: None

Just started my first web page, a project for freeCodeCamp. Just finished the first "300 hours" of curriculum. This is it, not that anyone cares really... https://codepen.io/Jerami/pen/OrqadB. Its just started so not really worth looking at but, it's a start.:D I'll do some faces with y'all.

Reactions: aveline

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Title: Pick whether you think the following 96 Danish Stocks will go up or down tomorrow. | PANDA
Requester: Joe Lo [A2CIK5WEHBJBNU] (Contact)
TV: [Hrly: $33.55] [Pay: 4.65] [Fast: 3.20] [Comm: 4.00] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 1.85] [Fast: 3.27] [Comm: 1.80] [Fair: 4.18] [Reviews: 22] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Duration: 1 hour
Available: 1
Reward: $0.80
Description:
Give us your opinion about these 96 Danish Stocks - how will their price move tomorrow?
Requirements: Location In DK, FI, GB, IS, SE, US

spchles1

Reaction score
Morning, kids!:)
Looks like I showed up in time for a little batch.
Title: Categorize a human face | Accept
Requester: Elie Bursztein [A2UZFQTEYPSCS4] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$24.29] [Pay=4.74] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.90] [Fast=4.06] [Comm=4.33] [Fair=4.00] [Reviews=42] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=8.69] [Pen=0.67 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=1] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.08
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 3538
Description: Look at a human face and select the appropriate value for 10 facial attributes (hair color, eye color ...)
Qualifications: None

Just started my first web page, a project for freeCodeCamp. Just finished the first "300 hours" of curriculum. This is it, not that anyone cares really... https://codepen.io/Jerami/pen/OrqadB. Its just started so not really worth looking at but, it's a start.:D I'll do some faces with y'all.
This little batch started at 15-16K, lol

Jamie Taylor

Reaction score
Could someone explain the Labeling Hate Speech Data HIT a little better than they do in their example? They have posted: Note: We define hate speech as a direct attack on people based on what we call protected characteristics — race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, caste, sex, gender, gender identity, and serious disease or disability.

So if someone says, "I'm going to kill you!" or "Your breath smells like unwashed dick!" or "Fuck you, motherfucker!" does that mean it's NOT hate speech? Neither one of those examples falls under their definition, but they're not exactly love speech. I've never accepted the HIT, because this is what confuses me about it. But I see it so often, I want to take it. Only if someone can explain it better, though.

Reactions: Jerami

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Could someone explain the Labeling Hate Speech Data HIT a little better than they do in their example? They have posted: Note: We define hate speech as a direct attack on people based on what we call protected characteristics — race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, caste, sex, gender, gender identity, and serious disease or disability.

So if someone says, "I'm going to kill you!" or "Your breath smells like unwashed dick!" or "Fuck you, motherfucker!" does that mean it's NOT hate speech? Neither one of those examples falls under their definition, but they're not exactly love speech. I've never accepted the HIT, because this is what confuses me about it. But I see it so often, I want to take it. Only if someone can explain it better, though.
"Hate" speech refers to one of those things they listed. The same sort of things that would classify a crime as a "hate crime". This would be different from hateful speech(which would describe your examples) and hateful crimes. I'm not the requester but, I think they're looking for direct attacks that have to do with those "discrimination categories(they're calling them "protected characteristics ")". I hope this helps but, ultimately, only the requester would truly know the answer but, I'm pretty sure what I'm saying is correct.:)

Last edited:

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score

Yeah, those wouldn't be hate speech. Hate speech is remarks like that being directed at someone for who they are, like because of their race, sexuality, gender, etc (the type of comments that would show someone as being racist or sexist or whatever.)

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Note: We define hate speech as a direct attack on people based on what we call protected characteristics — race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, caste, sex, gender, gender identity, and serious disease or disability.

So if someone says, "I'm going to kill you!" or "Your breath smells like unwashed dick!" or "Fuck you, motherfucker!" does that mean it's NOT hate speech? .
Also, added to my last post, I think the reason they put that "Note" is specifically so that people don't consider the examples that you gave as "hate speech".:)

Jamie Taylor

Reaction score
Yeah, those wouldn't be hate speech. Hate speech is remarks like that being directed at someone for who they are, like because of their race, sexuality, gender, etc (the type of comments that would show someone as being racist or sexist or whatever.)
I'm just not going to accept it anymore. I tried one, and it's just too vague. Some are blatantly obvious, but others say things that could be viewed as hate speech, or someone simply mentioning a person's race, religious affiliation, sex, etc, in response to the other person who was obvious with their hate speech.

I could tell that the other person had no problem with what the main hate speech speaker was saying, but it didn't look like hate speech. Twitter has ruined me, because they think that EVERYTHING is hate speech. So it has warped my opinion of what ML Researcher might deem to be hate speech. Just not worth the rejection.

spchles1

Reaction score
They aren't bad little hits once you get moving on them. Both batches I've done approved at 3 days since I saw you asked that earlier.
awesome, thanks.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I'm just not going to accept it anymore. I tried one, and it's just too vague. Some are blatantly obvious, but others say things that could be viewed as hate speech, or someone simply mentioning a person's race, religious affiliation, sex, etc, in response to the other person who was obvious with their hate speech.

I could tell that the other person had no problem with what the main hate speech speaker was saying, but it didn't look like hate speech. Twitter has ruined me, because they think that EVERYTHING is hate speech. So it has warped my opinion of what ML Researcher might deem to be hate speech. Just not worth the rejection.
Always best practice to not do a HIT that you're unsure of. Good call. That instinct will serve you well.:)

Jamie Taylor

Reaction score
88 of those faces, I will take it :)
I hate to be all 20 questions here, but how did you get that many of the "Categorize a human face"? I was only able to do one HIT, and it exited me out once I was done.

Status
Not open for further replies.