01/28 - Surprise Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evergreen Queen

A very rich widow with a terrible secret.
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I'm doing that now. I'm not sure I want to work for a requester who does shit like this though.

I have done hundreds of his other HITs and they've all approved. All he had to do was not grant me the superstar qual and move on. This was beyond rude.
I totally agree with you. And even if you don’t want to work on his HITs, you can just ask him to unblock you and take away your qual.

I edited my previous post to say that you should explain what blocking workers does to their accounts. If he doesn’t know, he may reconsider.

Either way, I’m sorry you have to deal with this. :hug2:

Cmoney

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Yale Perception Survey (~5 minute!) | Accept
Requester: Sami [A2LLQKBRI44EOV] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $11.00] [Pay: 3.50] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 2.43] [Fast: 4.50] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 7] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: ---] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: ---] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.50
Duration: 10 minutes
Available: 1
Description: Look at some shapes and recreate their length
Requirements: None
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.1.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

micky

disco infiltrator
Contributor
Reaction score
I totally agree with you. And even if you don’t want to work on his HITs, you can just ask him to unblock you and take away your qual.

I edited my previous post to say that you should explain what blocking workers does to their accounts. If he doesn’t know, he may reconsider.

Either way, I’m sorry you have to deal with this. :hug2:
Thank you. What he did was grant me the "did not read instructions" qual, which prevents me from being able to do his HITs.

I don't even know what to say to him. The two qual HITs are still pending, he could reject them too. All he had to do was NOT grant me the super star qual and call it a day. Why he gave me the qual to exclude me from doing his HITs I don't understand.

I don't know what to say to him.

micky

disco infiltrator
Contributor
Reaction score
You sure it's a legit block?

I haven't known him to do that, only pull quals.
Though from what I hear different people may be running that account at different times.
He just granted me the "did not read instructions" qual which prevents me from doing his HITs. I consider that a block. So I have the "spray superstar" qual still and then this. The "spray superstar" qual is a totally different HIT. So now he's preventing me from doing that or qualifying for any of his other HITs ever again.

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Read a moral dilemma and rate how you would feel (3-5 minute task) | Accept
Requester: Dr. Piers Howe [A1HLHHC4KIJB8I] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $18.80] [Pay: 4.67] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 4.41] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 43] [ToS: 0]
Reward:
$0.65
Duration: 9 minutes
Description: In this task you will be presented with a short moral dilemma. You must choose how you would act and then rate how you would feel about acting that way
Requirements: moral dilemma study completed DoesNotExist; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.1.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: LittleDrummerBoy

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
He just granted me the "did not read instructions" qual which prevents me from doing his HITs. I consider that a block. So I have the "spray superstar" qual still and then this. The "spray superstar" qual is a totally different HIT. So now he's preventing me from doing that or qualifying for any of his other HITs ever again.
Bright side is that's not something that will hurt your account though.

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
I have the plant superstar Jeffrey Du qual and I always do his plant spray HITs. Today I tried the qualification for the weeds and cotton HITs. I did two, I personally had a hard time with them and figured I would not get the qual for those HITs.

Well, not only did I not get the qual, Jeffrey Du blocked me from doing ANY of his HITs. So now I can’t do the plant ones I have been doing anymore.

I’m super pissed, that was incredibly unnecessary and really mean of him to do.
G**, mickey, that SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! The BIG one!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :(

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
You may live until the booze runs out.
Um, the booze never runs out. It's pretty much the only reason I turk. As long as there are liquor stores that sell questionable canadian whiskeys is plastic bottles, the booze will never run out.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Answer a 2 min SHORT survey about your online learning experience. | Accept
Requester: Wendy Huang [A1LB3D7IWVD5DD] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: $0.35
Duration: 1 hour
Description: Give us your opinion about online learning experience in a 2 min short survey! (Workers need to have online learning experience)
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo NL
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Lucille Jones

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Whatever happened to that really kind and earnest guy who used to make so much money working endless HITS that nobody else would touch too much? I can't remember his name, but he had a cartoon for an avatar?

Evergreen Queen

A very rich widow with a terrible secret.
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Thank you. What he did was grant me the "did not read instructions" qual, which prevents me from being able to do his HITs.

I don't even know what to say to him. The two qual HITs are still pending, he could reject them too. All he had to do was NOT grant me the super star qual and call it a day. Why he gave me the qual to exclude me from doing his HITs I don't understand.

I don't know what to say to him.
Oh okay, sorry I misunderstood. At least it isn’t a hard block, although I totally understand your frustration. It doesn’t make sense to me either.

I would take a step back until you aren’t as angry and then message him (that’s what I have to do when dealing with stupid shit like this).

Good luck!

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Hurts me financially because I do a lot of his other HITs.

Why am I the only one he would do this to?
Not sure but writing a message will help hopefully.
Though if it was me....I would wait a few days until whoever is behind that computer isn't in a piss mood or whatever their reasoning was.

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
Whatever happened to that really kind and earnest guy who used to make so much money working endless HITS that nobody else would touch too much? I can't remember his name, but he had a cartoon for an avatar?
humbleturker @humbleturker when he had a different avatar? :thinking:

SherryNotShirley

Contributor
Reaction score
I have the plant superstar Jeffrey Du qual and I always do his plant spray HITs. Today I tried the qualification for the weeds and cotton HITs. I did two, I personally had a hard time with them and figured I would not get the qual for those HITs.

Well, not only did I not get the qual, Jeffrey Du blocked me from doing ANY of his HITs. So now I can’t do the plant ones I have been doing anymore.

I’m super pissed, that was incredibly unnecessary and really mean of him to do.[

JEFFREY DU is a drinker I think. I did those cotton ones a bunch of them no problem. Then one day I couldn't do them any more. Then yesterday I get an email that I was qualified, or maybe it was friday and it said I had the qual but I still couldn't do the HITS. On Turkoptican there's similar stories.

By the way I am a Master Gardener and can tell a weed from a cotton plant at 20 yards.

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Read a moral dilemma and rate how you would feel (3-5 minute task) | Accept
Requester: Dr. Piers Howe [A1HLHHC4KIJB8I] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $18.80] [Pay: 4.67] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 4.41] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 43] [ToS: 0]
Reward:
$0.65
Duration: 9 minutes
Description: In this task you will be presented with a short moral dilemma. You must choose how you would act and then rate how you would feel about acting that way
Requirements: moral dilemma study completed DoesNotExist; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Oops, short timer and I wasn't paying attention :(

Status
Not open for further replies.