01/29 - Favoriting Friday!

Who do you think should escape going to council this week?

• http://www.mturkcrowd.com/posts/27497/

• http://www.mturkcrowd.com/posts/27539/

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Title: A short study on a consumption scenario | PANDA
Requester: Richie L. Liu [A1FO8K23UVKOLP] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 3.50][Fair: 5.00][Comm: 0.00][Fast: 5.00]
Description:
Answer questions regarding a consumption scenario
Time: 20 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $0.45
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 500; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is US

Cara

ad space now available
Contributor
Reaction score
You've received a bonus from Dynamic Decision Making Laboratory for work related to 31MCUE39BKM1J8MNFNUWQI8AKXJG36.
The value of your bonus is: $2.70 USD

Reactions: C to the J

GoldenTemple

Serial Liker
Contributor
Reaction score
https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/43962a/someone_is_pretending_that_he_is_an_expert_in/

Cool coincidence! The front page of Reddit is having the exact same discussion about whats more important, degree or experience for programming job.

• Renmauzuo 5076 points 5 hours ago
"I don't even need to ask him a question. If someone claims to be an expert software engineer I already know it's bullshit because none of us feel like we have any idea what we are doing."

• Tainted-Archer 1434 points 4 hours ago
"Mate I am an expert.... Of looking on google or Java API for answers... And feeling guilty :("

hyway

Contributor
Reaction score
That's great that you were able to pay for school that way, but circumstances are different for every person. Just because someone has to use student loans doesn't mean they also don't apply for scholarships. It also doesn't mean that they don't try to pay for as much of their schooling as they can. With people who have to pay a lot of bills outside of college, it doesn't always make it easy to go the route you did. I graduated high school with my mom bawling her eyes out because our family pretty much figured there was no way I could ever go to college.

People like to throw around how easy it can be for some people without even considering the individual factors that play into one's life. I've gotten lots of scholarships and grants for my schooling, but because of my own personal circumstances in life, I have had to take out loans. It isn't fair to claim someone who is in a lot of debt for two years of school has made zero effort when you don't even know the person. Blanket statements do not help anyone walk in another person's shoes. You are free to your opinion, however, and I hope that you do not take this reply as an argument. I'm nowhere near 50k debt for two years but we're fooling ourselves if we say that college is cheap or easy for most people to get through without the loans. Just look at the trillions of dollars in national debt students across the country have accumulated. I'm sure most of them aren't lazy or putting in zero effort to pay for their education.
You can't defend $50,000 in student loans in 2 years so stop trying.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Title: A short study on a consumption scenario | PANDA
Requester: Richie L. Liu [A1FO8K23UVKOLP] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 3.50][Fair: 5.00][Comm: 0.00][Fast: 5.00]
Description:
Answer questions regarding a consumption scenario
Time: 20 minutes
Reward: $0.45
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 500; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is US

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
oh hey this is back up
Title: Predict 100 Stocks - Up or Down? | PANDA
Requester: PredictWallStreet.com [A17T7LCJF0818V] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 4.97][Fair: 4.83][Comm: 4.00][Fast: 4.72]
Description:
Predict whether 100 US stocks will close up or down on the next market day. Make 100 clicks, get a survey code, and you're done. NOTE: you can only participate in ONE (1) of our prediction surveys each day.
Time: 60 minutes
Hits Available: 5
Reward: $0.80
Qualifications: None

Reactions: Setitoff

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score
There is also the problem of resumes being trashed before they get to HR because you haven't used the correct buzz words to get past their stupid HR system.

A few months ago, a friend of mine put in a resume for the pharmacy in Wal-Greens. The HR system picked up some buzz words and he was offered a job that he in no way qualified for. The DAY BEFORE he started, they sent him an email going "LOL whoops no you are not hired."

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Listen to a song and answer a survey about it. | PANDA
Requester: AudioKite [A1ZEEGMU3YMZ6] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☭☭☭☭☭ 5.00 Communicativity
☭☭☭☭ 4.18 Generosity
☭☭☭☭ 4.98 Fairness
☭☭☭☭ 4.94 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 94
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: A musician or label is seeking feedback on a song from people in the United States who enjoy music. Listen to the song for at least 40 Seconds and answer a survey about it. NOTE: The qualification test is just to confirm you enjoy listening to the designated genre.
Time: 60 minutes
Hits Available: 3
Reward: $0.10
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is US

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score
Last edited:
Reactions: Jaded

Krikket

YouTube Connoisseur
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Have you created a fake profile on social media or a dating website for romantic purposes? | PANDA
Requester: Matthew Kadrich [A20UG9DSUMDY1B] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 5.00][Fair: 0.00][Comm: 1.00][Fast: 0.00]
Description:
If you are 18-35 and have created a fake profile online when you were between the ages of 18 and 25 to interact with someone in a romantic way, we would like you to complete a quick survey about your experience.
Time: 2 hours
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: Masters has been granted

alithia

Oblivion
Contributor
Reaction score
https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/43962a/someone_is_pretending_that_he_is_an_expert_in/

Cool coincidence! The front page of Reddit is having the exact same discussion about whats more important, degree or experience for programming job.

• Renmauzuo 5076 points 5 hours ago
"I don't even need to ask him a question. If someone claims to be an expert software engineer I already know it's bullshit because none of us feel like we have any idea what we are doing."

• Tainted-Archer 1434 points 4 hours ago
"Mate I am an expert.... Of looking on google or Java API for answers... And feeling guilty :("
I dunno. I have qualifications in IT, but I spend most of my time with Impostor Syndrome. From the last one of these Reddit threads, I feel like a lot of "qualified", "professionals" have this feeling, especially in IT.

Reactions: GoldenTemple
Status
Not open for further replies.