02/15 - We Get Frugal on Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
On the flowers note- I've got some a few times. It always feels really nice but does feel wasteful once they're gone. Now when there are times when flowers would be appropriate, I'm going to ask for plants instead. Once we move I'll finally have a place to plant them and the baby will soon be big enough to (hopefully) stay out of the indoor ones. I'm actually stupidly excited about my plant plan.
Hardest part about moving was giving up my aquarium, and my giant succulent that I raised from a tiny little 50 cent plant until 3 years later it was in a huge plant pot and overgrowing that was well :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

You take care of those plants and never let them go :cry::cry::cry::cry:

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
I want to get a plant to live in our shower :nod: But I've actually gotten upset with people giving me plants before, because it's like giving someone a pet!
Careful. nickhatesyou @nickhatesyou had a plant in his shower and somehow it got knocked out of the window in the shower and fell to the ground. Poor Venus.

FrenchToast

best thing since sliced bread
Reaction score
Landlord said he would be here this afternoon. Its 44 minutes past noon so I'll light this :weed: and he's guaranteed to show up, right?!

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Hardest part about moving was giving up my aquarium, and my giant succulent that I raised from a tiny little 50 cent plant until 3 years later it was in a huge plant pot and overgrowing that was well :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

You take care of those plants and never let them go :cry::cry::cry::cry:
:hug: Didn't I tell you that the jellyfish was step 1 in my "crochet Pleco an entire aquarium" plan?

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
That text wasn't even that big. I'm on the flower's side.
I didn't see anything that required authoritative intercession.

General Forum Chatter About Flowers
So as a guy taking notes... I should buy my lady some flowers. Unless she thinks that's wasteful, hates the smell, etc. Then I should buy her jewelry, unless she thinks that's a crappy gift idea. Plants might be a good idea, unless she doesn't want another pet. Candy is an option, unless she's got sweets/food issues.

Honestly you aren't helpful at all... >.>

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score

So as a guy taking notes... I should buy my lady some flowers. Unless she thinks that's wasteful, hates the smell, etc. Then I should buy her jewelry, unless she thinks that's a crappy gift idea. Plants might be a good idea, unless she doesn't want another pet. Candy is an option, unless she's got sweets/food issues.

I bought my own Christmas gifts this year and I've never been happier.

Reactions: Blue
Reaction score

My advice is give her monies! We always like money!

Status
Not open for further replies.