Status
Not open for further replies.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
It would be hard on a turking wage although I know some people do it. You'd have to find roomies for sure and be in a more value city. Definitely not like LA. I love it here. The diversity and difference in cultures and the weather and great things to do make it a wonderful place. If you end up getting a standard job they tend to pay more than other places but you might have to supplement your income
it was definitely a nice change of pace when i visited. ive been to a lot of states and Texas and California are probably my favs. not all of Texas, but honestly Houston is rapidly expanding. i do like living here. just wish the living costs were lower. and of course they're only going to go up as the attraction goes up. catch 22

Reactions: Drwho10

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
there's a reason i said i didnt trust Squatty a few days ago. peaches just know

frogman31680

Choosy Moms Choose Gif
Reaction score
I am in Pataskala, Ohio. Want to trade homes? You have one less bedroom than I have and pay half of my rent! Please trade?!
Would consider it but I just finished moving 5 months ago. I was in a really nice three bedroom house in a close by neighborhood and was paying $1K a month for rent. Had to move because it's cheaper and we weren't working at the time.

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
it was definitely a nice change of pace when i visited. ive been to a lot of states and Texas and California are probably my favs. not all of Texas, but honestly Houston is rapidly expanding. i do like living here. just wish the living costs were lower. and of course they're only going to go up as the attraction goes up. catch 22
yeah same thing with cities like portland just ask W @WalkingEmphasis all the folks with ok money that lived in norcal moved there and drove the prices up. I have a few friends in the austin area and one in houston. Cool cities. I've been to sxsw in austin a few years ago and it was a lot of fun. I'd say you'll probably enjoy cities like LA, san francisco / san jose , portland, seattle. Great sprawling fun cities with lots to do. Definitely cities that appeal to folks in their 20s and 30s. After that it might get boring :p

Reactions: Peachy

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about the likelihood of events (native English speakers only!) | PANDA
Requester: Silvia Gennari [A1GVUBTMKWB3LG] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 4.78] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 3.00] [Fast: 4.40] [Reviews: 10] [ToS: 0]
Description:
You will read about 40 questions and rate their likelihood
Time: 2 hours
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; Location EqualTo US;
HIT posted from Mturk Suite v1.11.7

Reactions: Pleco

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I'd still take that over like $1500 out here lol
Houston
yeah same thing with cities like portland just ask W @WalkingEmphasis all the folks with ok money that lived in norcal moved there and drove the prices up. I have a few friends in the austin area and one in houston. Cool cities. I've been to sxsw in austin a few years ago and it was a lot of fun. I'd say you'll probably enjoy cities like LA, san francisco / san jose , portland, seattle. Great sprawling fun cities with lots to do. Definitely cities that appeal to folks in their 20s and 30s. After that it might get boring :p
San Jose suuuuuuuuuuucks (grew up there, so I know). So boring.

Have also lived in SF. 10/10 would do it again... once I begin making $500K+/year.

Reactions: Drwho10

Desertdarlene

Baby Shorebird and Duckling Protector
Reaction score

That's ridiculous. And people wonder why adult children are living with their parents more and more...
PLUS, you have to earn at least 2.5 times the rent. Some places require 3 or 4 times the rent for everyone living in that apartment. That means that each person has to make at least 30K to live there.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
PLUS, you have to earn at least 2.5 times the rent. Some places require 3 or 4 times the rent for everyone living in that apartment. That means that each person has to make at least 30K to live there.
That's insane! Good God.

Status
Not open for further replies.