02/23 - The Cockchafer Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Really should be a "coding for Turkers" course or something. At least it would apply to this and not making pictures or hacking games or whatever most of the courses teach you.
I really liked the codecademy courses on jscript/query it really was hard ot make that jump from making a rock paper scissors game to making a turking script though.

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Search through Satellite Imagery to find various objects. | PANDA
Requester: PicsFromAbove [ALZUWU3P4QQSG] (Contact)
(TO):[Pay: 2.77][Fair: 4.71][Comm: 3.62][Fast: 4.06]
Description:
Search through Satellite Imagery to find every Building(s), No Buildings(s), and Cloudy/Bad Imagery.
Time: 60 minutes
Hits Available: 278
Reward: $0.15
Qualifications: campaign_1719 has been granted, HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95
Thanks for posting this, I found out I had a captcha when I tried to accept it so it was very useful before I returned the hell outta of it.

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Really should be a "coding for Turkers" course or something. At least it would apply to this and not making pictures or hacking games or whatever most of the courses teach you.
The courses are great to learn the vocabulary and function of the codes. After you have the basics, it is better to look at functional scripts code, and google the rest. Or ask other Turkers.

Reactions: catnapped and Jaded

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: 2-minute experiment | PANDA
Requester: Peter Bent [A1H746WZWJJLZV] (Contact)
(TO):[Pay: 5.00][Fair: 5.00][Comm: 0.00][Fast: 4.86]
Description:
We will ask you some questions about your beliefs and preferences.
Time: 60 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 500, HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95, Location is US, d_Main has been granted

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
The courses are great to learn the vocabulary and function of the codes. After you have the basics, it is better to look at functional scripts code, and google the rest. Or ask other Turkers.
Well she needs to teach me stuff :p

Reactions: Squatty

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Picking apart other scripts is super, super helpful. Or even just stealing from them.

But sometimes that can have bad results if you don't know, at least a little, of what you're doing.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
Title: Academic Study: <15 Mins --- Long Term Player's Views on Pokemon Go (mobile game) | PANDA
Requester: Christian Wagner [A2LTFRVNVHC1CF] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.00 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.10 Generosity
★★★★ 4.33 Fairness
★★★★ 4.29 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 10 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Complete a short questionnaire about your experiences playing Pokemon Go long-time (at least one month)
Time: 30 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.75
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 80;Total approved HITs is greater than 50

Go Jaded @Jaded, catch them all
a person i know just started playing. i want the rock they were hiding under to hide from the rest of the world

Not A Robot

VERIFIED HUMAN
Contributor
Reaction score
How much did you put down, if you don't mind sharing?
$10,000 on a $55,000 house. However, we live in one of the poorer counties in Illinois and Illinois is awful, but we do most our work online and like to travel a bit so we don't care. It was a fair trade in my opinion because we don't need to stress a whole bunch about money, Also living in a small town is cool cause you can have a direct effect on the community.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
a person i know just started playing. i want the rock they were hiding under to hide from the rest of the world
I tried to play it once a few weeks ago (when I got my first smartphone ever) but it wouldn't work :(

Reactions: Peachy

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
Picking apart other scripts is super, super helpful. Or even just stealing from them.
Also... picking apart someones scripts that are easier to read is helpful. For example picking apart a script from someone who writes good code like Kadauchi @Kadauchi, vs picking apart someones script, who may or may not know what they're doing.

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Workplace Interaction (~15 minutes)(~ 15 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: LI,Jie [A3UWM2Q0X1I4XN] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 5.00] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: 1.00] [Reviews: 2] [ToS: 0]
Description:
This is an academic study to know more about workplace interaction. We will ask you to recall one episode, and describe your attitudes and reactions in that episode.
Time: 40 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.50
Qualifications: Exc: [-472938956-34598] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US;
HIT posted from Mturk Suite v1.11.7

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Also... picking apart someones scripts that are easier to read is helpful. For example picking apart a script from someone who writes good code like Kadauchi @Kadauchi, vs picking apart someones script, who may or may not know what they're doing.

:yesyes:

That is also very important.

Reactions: Squatty and kryss

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I've been doing these since last April without a problem, but thank you for the heads up.
i have done hundreds of them since last May and was blocked without a rejection or note in November after doing another batch

Status
Not open for further replies.