02/26 - Stage Has Been Set on Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jan

Reaction score
Someone on the "other" forum said they got masters from a batch like this a while back so i'd be careful anyway
there used to be all kinds of conspiracy theories about masters
but the truth was that no one ever really knew (and even a few folks that were suspended got it............)

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
also according to the reviews one person got quite a lot of rejections in the hundreds apparently due to bad work, though with the track record of a9's I'd say you're safe just don't randomly choose things.
Ya, I don't do the 'choosing at random" thing. I actually have to think for a moment with some of these. :)

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
No captchas would be so beautiful. But at this point I'm convinced that masters is some kind of snipe hunt style practical joke.
I think the only way is if the numbers of current masters working is somehow greatly reduced. Since Amazon make more money on masters hits.
Not that I have any evil plan in mind.
Yet.

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: 7 minute survey on Perceptions of Femininity(~ 7 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Insiya [A2QZZVQ016ISBO] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fast: 4.50] [Reviews: 8] [ToS: 0]
Description:
A 7 minute survey paying $0.50. The study is for adults in the U.S. over the age of 18.
Time: 1 hour
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Exc: [312323901-34869] DoesNotExist ; Location In US;
HIT posted from Mturk Suite v1.11.7

BrewMeister

1) d4
Contributor
Reaction score
but the truth was that no one ever really knew (and even a few folks that were suspended got it............)
What I really want to know is how many are actually in use? That could be a really interesting number. Case in point - The nice lady who is the administrator and pays me for my super secret qual (meaning I started it here and now do off-site work for the company) started here, has the Masters qual, and hasn't worked on MTurk for two years (She went full time for the Company after doing qual hits for them on MTurk.)

scootypuff_sr

Reaction score
My hopes weren't very high to begin with but thank you all for tempering my optimism. I know the criteria for the qual is unknown but it seemed like a likely scenario

Reactions: jan and BrewMeister

BrewMeister

1) d4
Contributor
Reaction score
This throttle is really making these not worth the time.
Work from your queue. Just TM or PC them and have at it. Just make sure to find your "correct pace" time so you avoid expires. Just grab one to clear the captcha and then keep rolling.

Reactions: DebbieR and Cmoney

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Someone on the "other" forum said they got masters from a batch like this a while back so i'd be careful anyway
There's no way one can ever know if they got masters from a specific batch. The masters qualification email doesn't tell you why you got it or what you were doing when they decided to grant it to you. It could be totally unrelated that this person was doing a similar batch and then later got masters. And since the last time they gave out masters was well over a year ago, it's quite possible they've changed how they decide to give it out anyway, since it used to be every Thursday, then it became irregular, and now it's over a year ago.

scootypuff_sr

Reaction score
There's no way one can ever know if they got masters from a specific batch. The masters qualification email doesn't tell you why you got it or what you were doing when they decided to grant it to you. It could be totally unrelated that this person was doing a similar batch and then later got masters. And since the last time they gave out masters was well over a year ago, it's quite possible they've changed how they decide to give it out anyway, since it used to be every Thursday, then it became irregular, and now it's over a year ago.
Sorry I shouldn't have paraphrased, they said "after" and suspected it was from an a9 batch.

Reactions: jan and BrewMeister

unfortuNate

Closed Qual Whore
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
I can't agree more. I know someone who got masters the day she came back from a break of a couple months from mTurk. There is no trick to getting it. There are some things you can do to help and increase chances (doing hits like categorization that help get your quality up) but that's pushing it.

Reactions: BrewMeister

Twisted65

Reaction score
on the ones with the same shirt but different colors are you folks choosing 4 or 5 these are the ones that are kind of up in the air for me because the color is different but does the shade matter if its two close shades should it be a 5 or a 4.

unfortuNate

Closed Qual Whore
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
on the ones with the same shirt but different colors are you folks choosing 4 or 5 these are the ones that are kind of up in the air for me because the color is different but does the shade matter if its two close shades should it be a 5 or a 4.
I personally put 5

Status
Not open for further replies.