02/28 - Thumb Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IridescentOwl

Reaction score
Ok about to throw this back, I can't afford to mess around with my phone because they're very expensive and I am very poor lol so if you want this, panda it...its coming back in a few minutes lol

The following is all from the hit page itself and not survey/study content but if its against the rules to post it please let me know:

"
In this HIT and study, we are interested in learning more about emotional experiences, and the purpose of the study is to obtain a better understanding of the range of emotions that people experience in their everyday lives.

This study might be different from ones you typically see on MTurk, because after completing an initial online survey, it takes place over a 13-day period, and requires you to have a smartphone in which you can download applications through the Google Play or iTunes store.

Specifically, it consists of two different types of activities: 1 hour-long online survey about yourself and your personality (on the day you sign up for the HIT), and 50 brief surveys completed using a smartphone application (around 5 minutes each) over the next 12 days. Before accepting this HIT, please read the information below carefully.

During these brief surveys, you will also be asked to provide information on your daily activities, social interactions, and actions. There are numerous emotion ratings in each brief survey. You will be expected to fill out the brief survey as soon as it is possible to safely do so upon receiving a notification:

• 9:00 am notification (complete brief survey between 9:00 and 11:59 am)
  • 12:00 pm notification (complete brief survey between 12:00 and 2:59 pm)
  • 3:00 pm notification (complete brief survey between 3:00 and 5:59 pm)
  • 6:00 pm notification (complete brief survey between 6:00 and 8:59 pm)
  • 9:00 pm notification (complete brief survey between 9:00 and 11:59 pm)
At the same time that you are participating in the brief survey portion of the study, we will be unobtrusively collecting data on your everyday activity. The data we will collect is similar to other smartphone applications you might use to track your activity (e.g. health tracking apps which count the number of steps you take every day, or monitor your sleep activity). We will obtain this data, with your permission, through the sensors on your smartphone (i.e., physical activity from the accelerometer sensor, mobility from GPS, and how frequently you check your phone via screen state). Please note that data obtained for screen state is only with regard to whether your screen is on or off, with no other data (e.g., what is being displayed on your screen) being collected. The smartphone data will be collected continuously throughout the day. We will not collect any other data from your smartphone, and the data we do collect will be used only for research purposes.

Because you will be asked to make a series of ratings on your daily emotional experiences for an extended period of time, you might feel a little uncomfortable, especially if you are not used to thinking about your emotions. However, the discomfort you might experience is likely to be similar to how you might feel if you were writing about your emotions in a diary. Additionally, you might experience practical discomfort due to having to complete brief surveys several times a day. One possible advantage of participating in this study is that by having to reflect on your feelings more than usual, you may gain more insight into your emotional life.

Please note that participating in this study requires you to provide numerous ratings on your emotions and to have your smartphone with you during the study period. Additionally, if you are someone who is not interested in, or uncomfortable with your emotions, we do not recommend enrolling in this HIT.

Although this study has two parts, you will receive your compensation in one sum at the conclusion of your participation. Depending on the amount of brief surveys completed, you will receive compensation in the amount of 8 to 28 dollars.

After the study, you will receive your compensation in the following manner:

For completing both the personality survey and...

• between 10-19 brief surveys: 8 USD
  • between 20-29 brief surveys completed: 8 USD and 5 additional USD granted as a bonus (for a total of 13 USD)
  • between 30-39 brief surveys completed: 8 USD and 10 additional USD granted as a bonus (for a total of 18 USD)
  • between 40-49 brief surveys completed: 8 USD and 15 additional USD granted as a bonus (for a total of 23 USD)
  • 50 brief surveys completed: 8 USD, 20 additional USD granted as a bonus (for a total of 28 USD), and entrance into a lottery for 1 Amazon gift card valued at 50 USD (2 gift cards will be available)
Please note that you will not receive any compensation if you have not completed both the personality survey and at least 10 brief surveys. Please give us up to 7 days to provide compensation to you.

Additionally, you will have the opportunity to participate in future studies as a follow up at the conclusion of this study and we hope you will consider participating in our future studies when the opportunity arises. For example, we will invite you to complete a follow up survey once you are done with this study. We are also interested in developing confidential, personalized feedback tools that would allow people to visualize their own emotion data over time and across contexts to better understand their emotional lives. Note that you will be invited to participate via a separate HIT listing, and compensation for these surveys will be separate from this study."

Title: Your Emotional Life(~ 18720 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Joanne Chung [A1C6KYWVVCTMTS] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$9.72] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=Unrated] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.09] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=4.83] [Fair=4.88] [Reviews=35] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 8.00
Duration: 20 days
Available: 0
Description: 13-day long study on your emotions and daily life
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.5
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Last edited:

TabethaC

Reaction score
It's 8pm, I'm thinking I may just give up for tonight.

PE: $22.32
Bonus: $2.50

Was hoping the Zellers would last until I got to my $30 goal but oh well. I may come in occasionally to check for anything good. But good luck to the night crew.

Sybil

Reaction score
Title: A 45-min psychology survey on postures and emotions across cultures(~ 45 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Patty Van Cappellen [AHL17B645ZHUF] (Req TV): $9.56/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
This is a psychology survey. You will be asked to imagine adopting various religious postures and answer a series of questionnaires on the thoughts and feelings you think you would have in that posture. The survey will last approximately 45 minutes.
Time: 2 hour(s)
HITs Available: 55
Reward: $3.00
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Exc: [126663-126074] DoesNotExist ; Location In US; TP Panel: -991738040 N GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100;

vandaria

Reaction score
Ok about to throw this back, I can't afford to mess around with my phone because they're very expensive and I am very poor lol so if you want this, panda it...its coming back in a few minutes lol

Title: Your Emotional Life(~ 18720 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Joanne Chung [A1C6KYWVVCTMTS] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$9.72] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=Unrated] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.09] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=4.83] [Fair=4.88] [Reviews=35] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 8.00
Duration: 20 days
Available: 0
Description: 13-day long study on your emotions and daily life
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.5
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
I just caught and released that after reading that too. For me it is because my sleep schedule is all over the place atm, and you don't want to wake me at 9am with a notification and ask how I am feeling lol

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
First of all, a lottery isn't pay so that doesn't count. Secondly, good luck waking me up at 9am local not to mention EST.

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
Nice. I got a 96% this time. Missed one where I didn't mark it best/2nd best. He's going to be posting more it looks like.
Frankly I hope he gives me a few days to rest, but I'm still gonna be checking my work computer periodically tonight. :)

Reactions: vandaria

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Academic study of interaction with shapes and patterns(~ 5 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: SBD Lab [A3EL6RU38IGXYI] (Req TV): $21.56/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: 3.77] [Fair: 4.61] [Comm: 4.56] [Fast: 4.67]
Description:
survey
Time: 40 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.60
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [6712919-131704] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US;
silent but deadly?

Reactions: Gator and Merovign

reprise

Contributor
Reaction score
what did you do? queue the rowans? I ran out of them long before your post. Maybe I lost my qual and they disappeared?

I admit Rowan did a great job with the final 20 I did - I was having a much tougher time with my decisions than I did the previous batches.
When they get below 300 I queue 25 of them. They have a long timer so I had let them sit a bit. Don't worry :)

About to go see my friend, who will help me set up my laptop. Final PE of the day (mostly mturk but also appen and $10 user testing is $130.37

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.