03/12 - Skillet Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Can I ask you a quick question? I've been upping my vegetarian cooking lately, but I'm getting into a rut with the entrees. Everything is turning out stir fry's and pasta dishes. Any suggestions for variety?

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
If you have other earnings it is entirely possible you jumped a tax bracket and do owe them that much.

If that was your only earnings, hm...seems a wee bit high even for self employment taxes. Maybe it's worth going to H&R Block and having it checked out?
Cost me almost $2000 in federal taxes on $12,000+ so it's not that far-fetched

Reactions: Itsmee and tricker

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Can I ask you a quick question? I've been upping my vegetarian cooking lately, but I'm getting into a rut with the entrees. Everything is turning out stir fry's and pasta dishes. Any suggestions for variety?
Pinterest. When I get stuck in a rut, I go to Pinterest and type in "vegetarian dinner" and you'll get a ton of pictures with ideas. If you've been doing stir fry and pasta, maybe search for "vegetarian dinner beans" or some other keyword that is less likely to result in stir fry or pasta ideas. :)

LowCalCalzone

Legalize Ranch
Contributor
Reaction score
If you have other earnings it is entirely possible you jumped a tax bracket and do owe them that much.

If that was your only earnings, hm...seems a wee bit high even for self employment taxes. Maybe it's worth going to H&R Block and having it checked out?
Nah clickhappier @clickhappier had it right I just didn't realize it would be so bad :biblethump:

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Pinterest. When I get stuck in a rut, I go to Pinterest and type in "vegetarian dinner" and you'll get a ton of pictures with ideas. If you've been doing stir fry and pasta, maybe search for "vegetarian dinner beans" or some other keyword that is less likely to result in stir fry or pasta ideas. :)
Thanks! I haven't been to Pinterest much lately. I did find some of those stir fry's from there, but I'll try to put in some different key words.

Reactions: electrolyte

El Pablo

ಠ_ಠ
Contributor
Reaction score
they made your hit Princess Gina Marie @GinaMarie

Title: DUMMY HIT for a specific Turker | PANDA
Requester: Igor Labutov [A3AUSJQL6E5L7K] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 2.41][Fair: 5.00][Comm: 3.20][Fast: 4.22]
Description:
Accept only if your worker_id=A2I9PUZT19ZBO8!
Time: 60 minutes
Hits Available: 3
Reward: $7.00
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 50; Total approved HITs is greater than 5; Location is US

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score

Krikket

YouTube Connoisseur
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: The Self and Time STUDY 1 | PANDA
Requester: Anthony Burrow [A2NBV6E73P57XA] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 2.82][Fair: 5.00][Comm: 5.00][Fast: 5.00]
Description:
We will ask you to complete a survey to which you will respond by rating how much you agree with each statement presented.
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is US

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Did mturk workers do the transcriptions (descriptions?) for these Sphericalsuns? Some of these are decent but quite a few seem like they were outright scammed.

jan

Reaction score
Thanks! I haven't been to Pinterest much lately. I did find some of those stir fry's from there, but I'll try to put in some different key words.
what type of cuisine do you like? Sometimes, I just pick up a Chinese cookbook, or Korean, or Jewish or (lately) Polish - and find a vegetarian version. I just found a veggie version of Bigos online that I want to try:
http://ideliciate.com/bigos-polish-hunters-stew-vegan/

Reactions: TQueen

Itsmee

Condor
Contributor
Reaction score
Nah clickhappier @clickhappier had it right I just didn't realize it would be so bad :biblethump:
Accountants are always better than H&R block. How much of that money did you pay yourself? I am sure there were expenses involved.... Accountants write off a bunch of stuff. My accountant had me keep receipts for everything when I had my own business for 10 years....I would suggest you at least get an estimate from a real accountant to find out what it will cost to do your taxes... May not be as bad as you think... Just a suggestion.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
For anyone with a low approval rating...

Title: Survey: Predicting the Future for Others(~ 15 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Online Research Studies [A27CNW4L89VKTU] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 4.00 Communicativity★★★★ 4.12 Generosity★★★★ 4.49 Fairness★★★★ 4.87 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 64
TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: 15 to 20 min survey on predicting various future events and answering questionnaires, pays $2.40
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $2.40
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100;Exc: [131515-7980] has not been granted;HIT approval rate (%) is not greater than 98;Location is one of: US

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Writing, but not bad:

Title: Safe Spam-Free Messaging-Service: Domain Name Survey | PANDA
Requester: Zipstorm LLC [APAHPF14KAD6J] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 0.00 Communicativity★★★★★ 5.00 Generosity★★★★★ 0.00 Fairness★★★★★ 0.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 2
TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Short survey about safe spam-free domain-name for messaging service
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.35
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 1000;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95;Location is US

Status
Not open for further replies.