03/12 - Skillet Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Accountants are always better than H&R block. How much of that money did you pay yourself? I am sure there were expenses involved.... Accountants write off a bunch of stuff. My accountant had me keep receipts for everything when I had my own business for 10 years....I would suggest you at least get an estimate from a real accountant to find out what it will cost to do your taxes... May not be as bad as you think... Just a suggestion.
I love this suggestion. My accountant finds write offs I never considered. For my wage/personal income I just take the standard write off as it's pretty nice. But for the other stuff he always sends me home from our initial meeting to dig up more write offs (basically, bring him the proof of the expense of stuff I didn't realize was a write off). He even has me write off his fees every year as without my rental, I wouldn't need him, so, according to him (and I have to trust him), that's a rental expense, too. (I would have never thought of that myself.)

Itsmee

Condor
Contributor
Reaction score
I love this suggestion. My accountant finds write offs I never considered. For my wage/personal income I just take the standard write off as it's pretty nice. But for the other stuff he always sends me home from our initial meeting to dig up more write offs (basically, bring him the proof of the expense of stuff I didn't realize was a write off). He even has me write off his fees every year as without my rental, I wouldn't need him, so, according to him (and I have to trust him), that's a rental expense, too. (I would have never thought of that myself.)
Mine had me write off toilet paper, coffee, and sodas whenever I held a business meeting.

Reactions: tricker

hyway

Contributor
Reaction score
Nah clickhappier @clickhappier had it right I just didn't realize it would be so bad :biblethump:
My wife's accountant (she's self employed) has her set up to draft taxes monthly. Soon after I started turking and saw that I could make money at this I had him change the amount drafted to cover my projected taxes as well. So I don't have to worry about coming up with a large chunk of money at the end of the year to pay my taxes.

WowyGirl

Contributor
Reaction score
Reactions: TQueen

jan

Reaction score
Did any of you interview your accountant? I need to find someone to work with me - and I've been looking at CPA certifications (I need a CPA) - and it's all so confusing. Part of me thinks that meeting them and seeing if we can work together (and I trust them) would make a difference.

Reactions: Itsmee

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
But then where are you going to get all your red panda pictures from?

I just steal yours :incog:

what type of cuisine do you like? Sometimes, I just pick up a Chinese cookbook, or Korean, or Jewish or (lately) Polish - and find a vegetarian version. I just found a veggie version of Bigos online that I want to try:
http://ideliciate.com/bigos-polish-hunters-stew-vegan/
Thanks! I do like some Chinese, but not big on Korean. Haven't had much Jewish or Polish.

Try adding beef
:throwrock:

I used to love Isa's recipes back when I vegd http://www.theppk.com/recipes/ , she has nice variety, and is a fun read. Also enjoyed some things from https://happyherbivore.com/recipes/ . Hth ☺
Thanks! I'll check this out.

Reactions: Kerek

Zodiac

Supreme Shenanstigator
Contributor
Reaction score

I mean, I'm kinda cracking up.

There is almost no one in here. People have lives?

I'M STUCK AT WORK. We all ran the Saint Paddys marathon this AM at 7. I had to come into the office at noon, while they all stayed downtown drinking. Needless to say, downtown is at defcon 3 right now. I have 45 mins left and I'm hopping on my broom and diving straight into a barrel of Guinness.

Last edited:
Reactions: El Pablo

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Me either, but what else is new :\

Caleb was watching wheel of fortune out of boredom.

The board said CLI _ _ _ _S

I said clitorus, and he :eek: and told me to go to my room :disapprove:
Snort. That's something I would do to my kid. He's decided we need a "swear jar" and an "Inappropriate thing to say to your kid" jar. He thinks he will get rich.

he's totally correct

Status
Not open for further replies.