03/15 - Frightening Friday

Have you voted for the best submission in this week's Survivor challenge? https://bit.ly/2JgtU2V

• Yes because I care about people other than myself.

• No because I'm a selfish monster.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
which state? I congratulate them for the tax on the unit instead of tax on the sales price where the price of the weed will drop big time and so will the revenue as a few states have found out.

Legal recreational in my state appears to be dead (legislature session is over tomorrow) and I'm glad about that because the bill was lame in so many ways that it looked like it was half-***ed to get it done in their first attempt with a supportive instead of resistive governor.
NJ! Yeah some people are boo-hooing the tax but I'm 100% behind it, I think it's awesome. The only thing I'm super sad about is no-home-grow, I grow other things hydroponically and was really kinda looking forward to it, but it's fine. I will stick to my actual herbs and stuff.

Reactions: basketcasey

basketcasey

Curiouser and curiouser
Mentor
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Super Smart
Reaction score
Having the worst freakin' day... this almost cheered me up! lol I am trying not to think about it... I've dreamed of this day for so long I'm convinced it won't come off lol

But good luck to us! lol :fourleaf:

(I have chronic pain and ptsd and I think everyone should have access to this medicine. We should be allowed to grow our own to ensure we're not getting anything weird as well.)
As a fellow chronic pain sufferer, I feel you. Hope your week gets less shitty. Here, have this -

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Has anyone been working on the Gregory Aponte hits? I was wondering if anyone has capped on them yet?

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
NJ! Yeah some people are boo-hooing the tax but I'm 100% behind it, I think it's awesome. The only thing I'm super sad about is no-home-grow,
Move to New Mexico. We have medical marijuana here and probably easy to get a card when a sleezy doctor makes up a qualifying medical condition for you if you don't have a legit one already. I believe med pot users can home grow their own plants, up to six or something.

Legal rec pot bill appears to be dead. I hated the idea in the law -- legislators make the final choice, not the voters, the dispensaries would be state run, just have to simply show a receipt for the purchase of the weed to prove it's not street weed, taxing the weed on sale value at some stupid low tax rate like 12%, and not limiting the supply of weed to keep sales prices higher to collect more taxes. It was estimated to bring in $50M first year and that is small beans, IMHO, for $7B total state budget so why bother making it legal recreationally?

Last edited:

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Do they have a cap?
I'm not sure. The number seems to be going down super slow. I've only done about 300 because I've been watching Harry Potter movies and doing them sporadically. I guess I'll just keep doing them till they run out or they make me stop.

Reactions: JenniLeigh

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I made all the ones La Princessa is wearing on FB, except like one pair. Making ribbons is fun af. :D
I think I need thinner ribbons for the idea I have in my head. And narrower.

Reactions: JenniLeigh

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
You've received a bonus from Stanford HCI for work related to .
The value of your bonus is: $6.73 USD

The Requester included this note:
Bonus for real or fake images hit

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Stanford HCI for work related to
The value of your bonus is: $11.28 USD

Sincerely,
Amazon Mechanical Turk

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score

You've received a bonus from Stanford HCI for work related to 30U1YOGZGABCWVX8X5FUAD4B9PTSDV.
The value of your bonus is: $9.27 USD

Edit: They were miserable but I'd do more because I have low self-esteem.

Reactions: cb456 and GTR

HelloHello

Reaction score
Holey Moley, I had the LONGEST User Testing Study - it went on and on and on and it was for $10. If they weren't so good to me I would have cut that off after 30 minutes . . . it ended up being an hour!

Reactions: freakania and GTR

spchles1

Reaction score
They finally paid out 1 of my hits, lets see if the other two bonuses come

You've received a bonus from Stanford HCI for work related to 306W7JMRYYD1YEKF5BIJYWGAUAY8BS.
The value of your bonus is: $9.41 USD

Reactions: cb456 and Michele

freakania

Contributor
Reaction score
Holey Moley, I had the LONGEST User Testing Study - it went on and on and on and it was for $10. If they weren't so good to me I would have cut that off after 30 minutes . . . it ended up being an hour!
When my tests take way longer than was stated like in this case, I send an email to UserTesting through the help center and they have given me extra compensation. I don't tell them that I want extra compensation, I just phrase it in a way that I wanted to let them know. But they have credited me.

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Oh, I had one like that one time and I was cursing by the end. I think it almost ran down the hour timer. Then I felt bad later when they paid me $30 for it unannounced.

Status
Not open for further replies.