03/28 - Trapeze Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DatJersey

Reaction score
Title: Creativity at work | PANDA
Requester: Stacey Sanders [A2SX1T6KEESRRI] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 4.11 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.78 Generosity
★★★★ 4.64 Fairness
★★★★ 4.77 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 65 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Answer a short (5 minutes) two-wave survey about creativity at work.
Time: 900
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: Employment Status: Employed full time (35+ hours per week) EqualTo 1;HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99;Location EqualTo US
3:24. follow up in 2 weeks

Reactions: Merovign

DatJersey

Reaction score
Title: Judgments about faces and objects(~ 20 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Andrew Smith [A2TQNYTYKDVS5K] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 2.33 Communicativity
★★★★★ 2.40 Generosity
★★★★★ 3.40 Fairness
★★★★ 4.20 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 10 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: In the present experiment, you will be asked to make judgments about faces and objects. You can expect to view a short video, view photos of faces and objects, and complete a word-unscrambling task. We are looking for participants to take part in a study conducted on Qualtrics that will take less than 20 minutes to complete.
Time: 3600
HITs Available: 68
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100;Exc: [1901629585-137159] DoesNotExist ;HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 80;SurveyGroup [1276] DoesNotExist ;Location In US
9 min. 6 min timed section. no way to go faster. does not work on google chrome

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Concept Learning Research Study | PANDA
Requester: kurtz lab [A1ADSYM3MOO2SV] (Req TV): $18.84/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: 2.60] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 1.00] [Fast: 5.00]
Description:
Learn to distinguish between 2 categories.
Time: 1 hour(s)
Reward: $3.00
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 0; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US;
Quick and not as painful as it could be.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Title: Rate your curiosity about different scientific questions | Accept
Requester: Cocolab at Princeton [A1N1YFYVJGJSBR] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$[color=Steelblue]18.01[/color]] [Pay=[color=Steelblue]Generous[/color]] [Approval=[color=Steelblue]~24 hrs[/color]] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=[color=Steelblue]0[/color]] [Blk=[color=Steelblue]0[/color]]
Reward: 1.40
Duration: 30:00
Available: 145
Description: Short survey where we ask you to rate your curiosity about various scientific questions
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.8
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

DatJersey

Reaction score
Title: 35-45 Minute survey about categorizing faces | PANDA
Requester: HEAL Lab [A2QX2UGY397B4G] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 2.60 Generosity
★★★★ 4.20 Fairness
★★★★★ 3.67 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 12 | TOS Flags: 1
Submit a new TO review
Description: This study take approximately 35-45 minutes. In this survey you will be asked information about you and your thoughts and asked to categorize 37 photos based on your initial impressions.
Time: 10800
Reward: $3.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000;HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99;Location EqualTo US
unpaid screener. 17 mins if you qualify

DatJersey

Reaction score
Title: Survey about song choices. READ CAREFULLY | PANDA
Requester: Felipe Marinelli Affonso [AP9NBLT6T0DQL] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 0.00 Communicativity
★★★★ 1.56 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★ 4.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 11 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Create a 10-track playlist with several genres. Follow the instructions
Time: 7200
Reward: $1.90
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90;Location EqualTo US
14 mins. weird structure. you can get extra .12 cents a min beyond 15 up to 45 mins, but then it tells you how they want you to take it?

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Quoting this for anyone that didn't see it. Also, I would like to take down the forum briefly a bit later to export the database. I won't have to take down the whole server or anything, just disable posting for a few minutes so I can grab the database without anything being written to it. Maybe in a couple hours.

So, I just want to give everyone an update on what's going on with our server situation here and what we're kinda trying to deal with.

As you may or may not know, the person that previously setup and maintained the MTC servers parted ways with us back in February. The server setup that we inherited from him is, tbh, a little over our heads. We're setup on multiple servers with stuff like HAProxy and Kubernetes that we just don't really feel is necessary for a little MTurk forum like this. We've also been told by people that have worked with our setup recently, that do server stuff for a living, that it's over-engineered and completely overkill for our needs. It also seems to be breaking down on us and we haven't been able to figure out why. Our previous server person made some changes before handing things over to us, which included reconfiguring at least one of the kubernetes clusters, so we're not sure if the issues we're having may be related to something he changed. We attempted to reach out to him about a month ago, but he never got back to us, so I think this is something that we're going to have to figure out on our own.

So here's our plan: We think it would be best for us to get away from this setup and onto something a little more simple and easier to maintain. We think the easiest way to go about that would be to setup a new server alongside our current ones and migrate the database to it. Once everything is setup there, we can point the domain and HAProxy at the new server until the DNS fully propogates, then shut down HAProxy and the rest of the old setup. We think it's also safer this way because if we run into any unforeseen issues with the migration and something doesn't quite work, we'll still have the older setup (our current one) to fall back on. I tested this last night with a couple test forums that I have setup on other servers and it worked really well. Of course, the database from the test forum that I used was much, much smaller than MTC's database (and the server was configured in a completely different way), so I would like to do at least one or two test runs with the actual MTC database before doing this for real. I'm hoping to be able try that out this weekend some time.

So anyways, yeah. That's the current situation and what we're kinda wanting to do. I know we had a rather lengthy downtime on Tuesday, and a brief hiccup yesterday, but we are working on a sustainable solution to this ongoing problem. Just please be patient and bear with us (learning is a slow process). Also, if you happen to know anything about this sort of thing and you think we're stupid for even considering what I said above, please let us know. I'm very new to this, so I welcome any input I can get from people that know what they're talking about.

Thanks, everyone. <3

Reactions: GTR and sarcasta
Status
Not open for further replies.