03/28 - Trapeze Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
thanks. i could have sworn i did a geohive thing for the qual a while ago but i guess not
Yeah I apparently caught the end of the previous batch but after spending a month sorting things out in emails with them they said "sorry new qual you missed it kthxbai".

nopoopwarez

Contributor
Reaction score

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Rate the quality of computer-generated speech - English@United States native only [#4675] | PANDA
Requester: Speechfeedback [A2DPU6JE37X0YV] (Req TV): $17.18/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: 3.10] [Fair: 3.94] [Comm: 3.18] [Fast: 3.24]
Description:
Listen to a recording of artificial speech and rate it on how correct and natural it sounds to you.
Time: 1 hour(s)
HITs Available: 2
Reward: $1.20
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95;
I like these but I feel like they take me forever to do.
idk why

nopoopwarez

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: The Shapes Experiment - Batch 30 | PANDA
Requester: Erik Thiessen [A1Y9CVLK7XYAUC] (Req TV): $12.25/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: 3.57] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 3.25] [Fast: 5.00]
Description:
You will watch a sequence of video stimulus and be tested on what you learned. The entire experiment will take around 15 minutes.
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $2.25
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 5000; Shapes Experiment DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99;

Reactions: aveline

nopoopwarez

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Religion, Spirituality, Spirit Earn $3.00(~ 20 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Maat E. Lewis [AUTKY789HVCYS] (Req TV): $55.41/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
We are conducting an academic survey about how a person understands their religion, spirituality, and spirit. Select the Survey link below to complete the survey. At the end of the survey, you will receive a code to paste into the box below to receive credit for taking our survey. https://baseline.campuslabs.com/jjcocj/sosatfurthervalidation. Make sure to LEAVE THIS WINDOW OPEN as you complete the survey. When you are finished, you will return to this page to paste the code into the box.
Time: 40 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 9
Reward: $3.00
Qualifications: TP Panel: 363107201 N GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US;

nopoopwarez

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Object Recognition Survey | PANDA
Requester: CAB Lab [A1TC6B0U6K58RY] (Req TV): $25.94/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
Decide whether or not images contain a recognizable object. ~20 minute survey
Time: 24 hour(s)
Reward: $5.00
Qualifications: Already completed DoesNotExist ; Masters Exists ;

TotalBabe

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
1:15

Title: Rate companies from various categories | Accept
Requester: Consumer Panels [AUBFIGBO24FQ1] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$31.90] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=Unrated] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
TO2: [Hrly=null] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=0] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 10:00
Available: 1
Description: Give an overall rating for various categories.
Qualifications: Location EqualTo US

Reactions: Baylee

alk69

Reaction score
So, I just want to give everyone an update on what's going on with our server situation here and what we're kinda trying to deal with.

As you may or may not know, the person that previously setup and maintained the MTC servers parted ways with us back in February. The server setup that we inherited from him is, tbh, a little over our heads. We're setup on multiple servers with stuff like HAProxy and Kubernetes that we just don't really feel is necessary for a little MTurk forum like this. We've also been told by people that have worked with our setup recently, that do server stuff for a living, that it's over-engineered and completely overkill for our needs. It also seems to be breaking down on us and we haven't been able to figure out why. Our previous server person made some changes before handing things over to us, which included reconfiguring at least one of the kubernetes clusters, so we're not sure if the issues we're having may be related to something he changed. We attempted to reach out to him about a month ago, but he never got back to us, so I think this is something that we're going to have to figure out on our own.

So here's our plan: We think it would be best for us to get away from this setup and onto something a little more simple and easier to maintain. We think the easiest way to go about that would be to setup a new server alongside our current ones and migrate the database to it. Once everything is setup there, we can point the domain and HAProxy at the new server until the DNS fully propogates, then shut down HAProxy and the rest of the old setup. We think it's also safer this way because if we run into any unforeseen issues with the migration and something doesn't quite work, we'll still have the older setup (our current one) to fall back on. I tested this last night with a couple test forums that I have setup on other servers and it worked really well. Of course, the database from the test forum that I used was much, much smaller than MTC's database (and the server was configured in a completely different way), so I would like to do at least one or two test runs with the actual MTC database before doing this for real. I'm hoping to be able try that out this weekend some time.

So anyways, yeah. That's the current situation and what we're kinda wanting to do. I know we had a rather lengthy downtime on Tuesday, and a brief hiccup yesterday, but we are working on a sustainable solution to this ongoing problem. Just please be patient and bear with us (learning is a slow process). Also, if you happen to know anything about this sort of thing and you think we're stupid for even considering what I said above, please let us know. I'm very new to this, so I welcome any input I can get from people that know what they're talking about.

Thanks, everyone. <3
All those words seem to make sense until I try to understand them all put together. Thank you any way, although I have no idea what I'm thanking y'all for. ........Ah, of course. For running the forum. THANK YOU!!!

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: The Shapes Experiment - Batch 30 | PANDA
Requester: Erik Thiessen [A1Y9CVLK7XYAUC] (Req TV): $12.25/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: 3.57] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 3.25] [Fast: 5.00]
Description:
You will watch a sequence of video stimulus and be tested on what you learned. The entire experiment will take around 15 minutes.
Reward: $2.25
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 5000; Shapes Experiment DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99;
Every damn time I see $2.25 as the reward for any HIT my brain reflexively thinks, "Is Dermot Lynott back!!?"

sarcasta

sleepy kitshark
Reaction score
~3 mins.

Title: Answer a survey about data incident news | Accept
Requester: Chang Ham [A1HYK3LGPZ00OJ] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$20.97] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=Unrated] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 20:00
Available: 1
Description: Give us your thoughts and feelings about data incident news
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 5000; Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location EqualTo US
Well gee, they don't want much for quals, do they?

You can share my salt if you want to throw some.

I got extra.
oooh! Me too! I'll throw it at Greg and Hannah and Vicky and CVT, to name a few :p

Diviana

Reaction score
Is there a script that keybinds submit to enter and return some I don't know escape or some other key.

Status
Not open for further replies.