03/31 - Setting Up April Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
As many are justifiably heaping praise upon aveline @aveline for successfully migrating the forum to the new server, for which I too am very grateful, I'd like to take a moment to recognize an additional masterful maneuver that she pulled-off in the past 24 hours...

The forum Arcade

By adding the Arcade to the forum, she's capitalized upon both the competitive nature and obsessive compulsive tendencies of several Turkers. Thereby enabling them to spend excessive amounts of time competing for high scores at Snake and Bejeweled, instead Turking. This has effectively decreased the number of Turker2 giving 100% to Turking, and thus decreasing her competition for grabbing HITs.

She's playing 4-chess while the rest of us are merely playing checkers.
:excellent:

I've let 3 HIT timers run out, and probably earned a rejection or two in the last hour... but totally worth it.

:yesyes::yesyes::yesyes::yesyes:

Last edited:

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
These are different from the batch I worked on yesterday and I don't qualify :( The .70 ones frighten me too much to do them.
I hear you. I've done *2* of the 70 cent Alexandrias. Mentally they want a lot for that 70 cents... They approved, got a 10 cent bonus inviting back to do more from requester, yet, there's easier to do work that pays as well or better, available.

I've told myself I *should* sit down and work them (it's slow, it's steady work from a known requester, etc.)...
then other work pops.

Last edited:
Reactions: HelloHello

lolkatB

Contributor
Reaction score
I hear you. I've done *2* of the 70 cent Alexandrias. Mentally they want a lot for that 70 cents... They approved, got a 10 cent bonus inviting back to do more from requester, yet, there's easier to do work that pays as well or better, available.

I've told myself I *should* sit down and work them (it's slow, it's steady work from a known requester, etc.)...
then other work pops.
I avoid them. I simply can't get my head around them. Though the ones I have done have been paid. Sigh

HelloHello

Reaction score

then other work pops.
I have done *1* and it approved. I agree that .70 is too low for the effort and the concern for losing the qual/rejection.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
MERLAMT -

reviews say they've done 3 day AA in the past, and I'm eyeballing $80+ waiting for approval that should come due today...

"Antici -

{say it, say it!}"
It's anywhere from 2 to 7 depending on the batch.

Reactions: Concise and aveline

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
As many are justifiably heaping praise upon aveline @aveline for successfully migrating the forum to the new server, for which I too am very grateful, I'd like to take a moment to recognize an additional masterful maneuver that she pulled-off in the past 24 hours...

The forum Arcade

By adding the Arcade to the forum, she's capitalized upon both the competitive nature and obsessive compulsive tendencies of several Turkers. Thereby enabling them to spend excessive amounts of time competing for high scores at Snake and Bejeweled, instead Turking. This has effectively decreased the number of Turker2 giving 100% to Turking, and thus decreasing her competition for grabbing HITs.

I've let 3 HIT timers run out, and probably earned a rejection or two in the last hour... but totally worth it.

I have no idea what you're talking about. :whistle2:

Dragonfly

Reaction score
Title: Multiple tasks (audio system required)(~ 6 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: MJ H [A1ZTMLZ5IGZT1A] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 2.50 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.76 Generosity
★★★★ 4.89 Fairness
★★★★ 4.79 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 72 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: computer access only. US participants only.
Time: 1800
HITs Available: 22
Reward: $0.60
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000;HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95;Exc: [-1697738986-137863] DoesNotExist

Reactions: aveline

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

The forum Arcade

Arcade???

sweetpea0678

Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,
You've received a bonus from Stanford HCI for work related to 3Z33IC0JC01GLX1VFKFXZ45SHELV9B.
The value of your bonus is: $9.50 USD
The Requester included this note:
Thanks for participating in our HIT!
Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Foggy

Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,
You've received a bonus from Stanford HCI for work related to 3Z33IC0JC01GLX1VFKFXZ45SHELV9B.
The value of your bonus is: $9.50 USD
The Requester included this note:
Thanks for participating in our HIT!
Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!
Somehow I accidentally switched the page while on round three of the allocation. Bummer!

Reactions: jan
Status
Not open for further replies.