04/04 - Topiary Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowCalCalzone

Legalize Ranch
Contributor
Reaction score
I think a requester double bonused me on accident. Got this message x2 and +$28 at dashboard

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Kimberly Doell for work related to 3KG2UQJ0MJ0CUT5M4EQPU6M122YQNN.
The value of your bonus is: $14.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thank you for participating in our experiment!

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!
Don't worry you can just send it back via paypal :rolleyes:

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
I think a requester double bonused me on accident. Got this message x2 and +$28 at dashboard

You've received a bonus from Kimberly Doell for work related to 3KG2UQJ0MJ0CUT5M4EQPU6M122YQNN.

I love double bonuses they are my favorite. Here's hoping she throws me more monies.

klingeemonster

Does this poncho make me look fat?
Contributor
Reaction score

Had a problem with double bonuses on a different hit yesterday, I wonder if it is Mturk that is screwing up or the requesters.

hockeyfan87

Reaction score
So many broken Ian hits...

Not to mention surveys that screen you out that could've saved you time if they'd just put the demographic they're looking for in the description.

HelloHello

Reaction score
Title: Research Study of United States Combat Veterans | Accept
Requester: Nicole Cmerek [A2NT00OJ0DAYJM] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 6:00:00
Available: 1
Description: This study is looking at the mechanics of an upcoming research study regarding the community reintegration of United States combat veterans from the post-9/11 era.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.9
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: ChristopherASA

IridescentOwl

Reaction score
This Ben Peterson males photo looks like a female version of the guy from Powder...

I'm thinking it's someone on chemo... I already have a hard time with subjective ratings on people's appearances... now I am like... you want me to judge the appearance of a person on chemo... for .05???

This batch makes me feel icky as a human being but ...I'm desperate for those pennies.

Drycreek

Reaction score
Has the hit approved yet, bonus usually come out after its been approved. Also do you have any bonus showing up in your dashboard, I don't always receive emails saying I got them. From past experience if the requester says they are gonna give out bonus they do. You could always look up the requester and see if other people have said anything.

Last thing that may or may not matter but what you put could be considered survey content and you shouldn't post that.
Thanks, I was hoping I didn't spill the content but had to make it clear since I can't remember anything about the requester. I've learned..keep up with my HITS better. Yes I've checked emails and and dashboard. Nothing yet.

Reactions: egryan1

Drycreek

Reaction score
Thanks, I was hoping I didn't spill the content but had to make it clear since I can't remember anything about the requester. I've learned..keep up with my HITS better. Yes I've checked emails and and dashboard. Nothing yet.
Sorry, yes all HITS approved.

Drycreek

Reaction score
Drycreek @Drycreek
was it an academic requester? They usually aren't bogus. Sometimes, they take awhile to pay out.
Thanks for the reply, I can't remember anything...I've learned to definitely pay more attention.

Reactions: jan

hockeyfan87

Reaction score
This Ben Peterson males photo looks like a female version of the guy from Powder...

I'm thinking it's someone on chemo... I already have a hard time with subjective ratings on people's appearances... now I am like... you want me to judge the appearance of a person on chemo... for .05???

This batch makes me feel icky as a human being but ...I'm desperate for those pennies.
It's pretty much mturk though...where people do shameful things for money. Like taking photos of their feet.

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
What do you guys put down as your occupation when you're talking about turk?
I put Self employed, but if they ask for specifics sometimes I put freelance or clerical or administrative or office work or something like that. I really have no idea what to put either :ROFL:

HelloHello

Reaction score
uhg I dont have the qual for this hit :( and dont see how to get it
I contacted them and asked for the qual to do them. It took a while, until after the current HITS were finished but then I got to accept the next round which was the $8 HITs. I am assuming it was because I asked but I am not certain.

Reactions: MarkC
Status
Not open for further replies.