04/04 - Topiary Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristina M Greer

Reaction score
I mean do you use panda crazy to catch hits? If so then you can set up a panda to search by requester ID to catch one that you are qualled for.
no cuz i really dont know how that works.. been gone for almost 2 years

nana

Contributor
Reaction score
Last edited:

cosmia

Reaction score
Hi everybody! I'm always popping in at random times when I have questions and then disappearing for months...

Anyway, I just caught my first prediction surveycomet. Never done one before, but I ended up with the qual somehow and managed to snag one. I'm making sure my predictions/reasons are as high-quality as I can, but is there anything else I should watch out for with these?

Reactions: jan

Drycreek

Reaction score
Hi all, new here, And posted earlier, but may be posting wrong. I completed a HIT about 2 weeks ago that required you to hit your space bar as often as possible when you saw a "G" for 15 minutes and observe a symbol that would appear later. You would be given a bonus, times a factor, based on the amount of times you hit the space bar. I have yet to receive a substantial bonus. I neglected to accurately record info. Does anyone possibly know to what I am referring? I'm hoping it wasn't bogus. Thanks.

Reactions: GTR

jan

Reaction score
Hi everybody! I'm always popping in at random times when I have questions and then disappearing for months...

Anyway, I just caught my first prediction surveycomet. Never done one before, but I ended up with the qual somehow and managed to snag one. I'm making sure my predictions/reasons are as high-quality as I can, but is there anything else I should watch out for with these?
don't submit too quickly. Whatever they say are the limits - follow that.

John Potter

Reaction score
Four questions for this SurveyComet. Returned like a paisley bow tie.
I know. They changed it from last year making more of a pain to do. There are a limited number of topics to make predictions on and there was not any background information on the topic like last time. It would definitely take longer to do than the ones last year. I ended up returning it.

egryan1

Reaction score
Hi all, new here, And posted earlier, but may be posting wrong. I completed a HIT about 2 weeks ago that required you to hit your space bar as often as possible when you saw a "G" for 15 minutes and observe a symbol that would appear later. You would be given a bonus, times a factor, based on the amount of times you hit the space bar. I have yet to receive a substantial bonus. I neglected to accurately record info. Does anyone possibly know to what I am referring? I'm hoping it wasn't bogus. Thanks.
Has the hit approved yet, bonus usually come out after its been approved. Also do you have any bonus showing up in your dashboard, I don't always receive emails saying I got them. From past experience if the requester says they are gonna give out bonus they do. You could always look up the requester and see if other people have said anything.

Last thing that may or may not matter but what you put could be considered survey content and you shouldn't post that.

jan

Reaction score
Drycreek @Drycreek
was it an academic requester? They usually aren't bogus. Sometimes, they take awhile to pay out.

Reactions: ChristopherASA

Kristina M Greer

Reaction score

cosmia

Reaction score
don't submit too quickly. Whatever they say are the limits - follow that.
Alright, thanks for the heads up! :) You might've just saved me from a rejection. I just finished making my predictions early, but the HIT says ~2 hours, so I was wondering if I should submit early or not.

jan

Reaction score
These survey comet HITs always turn purple for me when I try to catch them. Never once have I been able to do a high paying HIT from them. Some of the lower paying ones, yes, but not these and no idea why.
I thought mine wasn't purple the other day,
but then it was. I didn't respond to the very last survey when I did them before (I was planning to and they took it down a little early).
I wonder if that's the reason :(

Reactions: Dragonfly

jan

Reaction score
Alright, thanks for the heads up! :) You might've just saved me from a rejection. I just finished making my predictions early, but the HIT says ~2 hours, so I was wondering if I should submit early or not.
I don't think they want you for the whole 2 hours. I forget what folks were doing who got rejected. I think it was really short, though (under 1/2 hour??). Someone else might remember.

Reactions: cosmia

katarina

Needs more coffee
Contributor
Reaction score
I think a requester double bonused me on accident. Got this message x2 and +$28 at dashboard

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Kimberly Doell for work related to 3KG2UQJ0MJ0CUT5M4EQPU6M122YQNN.
The value of your bonus is: $14.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thank you for participating in our experiment!

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Status
Not open for further replies.