04/21 - The What? Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
You crazy kids and your survivor game and your double entendres. In my time your courted a girl for 2 years and then gave her father 20 cows for her, or 15 if she was kinda ugly.
Is this one of the clues for math questions Hits?

Reactions: Pleco

Aydiarose

Kinkguin 0f d00m
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Make a few decisions and watch a 2 minute video clip
Requester: Daphne [A1KEGL1UR0WW44] (TO)
TO Ratings: No TO (Submit a new TO rating for this requester)
Description: In this study, you will be watching a video clip and making a few decisions. You will receive a flat fee of $0.10, but also a minimum bonus of $0.30.
Time: 60 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $0.10
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is greater than 10000, HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 98, Taken has not been granted, Location is US

8 minutes+whatever bonus I get, was kinda distracted with the hockey game though so maybe faster
:goblue:
jesus.... that second video got me in the feels. :(

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score
Just an observation of forum posting in general is that emotion can't really be conveyed well at times. Throw in different temperaments and regional differences along with quick postings and things can quickly escalate.

I had to learn just to take people as they are and they've probably had to do that with me as well. That's what makes it a diverse community.

This is coming from a sensitive, southern lady who doesn't like to rock the boat, but doesn't mind riding in one. :whistle2:
You always seems so quiet and soft spoken. It still throws me off when you type a dirty word.

Reactions: Pippa and Pleco

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Just an observation of forum posting in general is that emotion can't really be conveyed well at times. Throw in different temperaments and regional differences along with quick postings and things can quickly escalate.

I had to learn just to take people as they are and they've probably had to do that with me as well. That's what makes it a diverse community.

This is coming from a sensitive, southern lady who doesn't like to rock the boat, but doesn't mind riding in one. :whistle2:
You can also get away with a lot more if people picture you as a little rat saying those things.

Pippa

All things lovely and beautiful.
Contributor
Reaction score
You can also get away with a lot more if people picture you as a little rat saying those things.
You are right about that!

Lepi

Contributor
Reaction score
This is true.

Some times, I will see something that you post, and I will think "Well that's completely out of line!"

And then when I go to say something, I realize that it's you, and you are a small rodent. And I say to myself "Lepi, Pleco is a small rat, you can not be mad at him."

VGB

dr. peepee poopoo
Reaction score
Title: 3-Question qualifying survey; if you qualify, $1 bonus survey (10 min)
Requester: Professor David Schkade [A1XXOUP79YDQOA] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 0.00 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 3
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)
Description: First, you will be asked to fill out a few short questions. If you qualify, you will be redirected to a 10 min scenario survey that pays $1 via bonus.
Time: 60 minutes
Reward: $0.05
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 98, Total approved HITs is greater than 50, Location is US

10 seconds, no idea how long if you qualify
<5m for the whole deal

Bode "Emo Barry" Miller

Unofficial Official
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Tobacco And E-Cigarette Policy Survey (Bonus Available)
Requester: Andrew [AKTP5M9012F23] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 2
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: Answer a survey about tobacco and electronic cigarette use
Time: 30 minutes
Reward: $0.05
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100, New Workers has not been granted, HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 90

6:30 for the entire thing with the $2 bonus

Lepi

Contributor
Reaction score
It was one of the questions that the final two had to answer for consideration by the jury.
It was unanimously concluded that Jaded= Marshmallows, and as such, she is a sound dining choice.

Although other factors were considered, such as how annoying a person was, or how much of their blood was actually alcohol.

Pleco

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
This is true.

Some times, I will see something that you post, and I will think "Well that's completely out of line!"

And then when I go to say something, I realize that it's you, and you are a small rodent. And I say to myself "Lepi, Pleco is a small rat, you can not be mad at him."
Escaped a felony conviction the same way.

Reactions: Vanyanka

Lepi

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Judge the similarity of fruits | PANDA
Requester: Cocosci Lab at UC Berkeley [AHG3DFQ65ESGY] (Contact)
(TO):[Pay: 4.17][Fair: 4.86][Comm: 4.56][Fast: 4.85]
Description:
Judge the similarity of pairs of fruits on a scale from 0 to 10
Time: 10 minutes
Hits Available: 1407
Reward: $0.02
Qualifications: Masters has been granted, HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95, Location is US

These are pretty damn easy on a tablet. They would probably be similarly easy with AHK, but I dunno about all that.

Also...fruit is fucking weird looking. These things all look like either alien spawn pods or genitals or possibly alien genitals.

Pleco

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Judge the similarity of fruits | PANDA
Requester: Cocosci Lab at UC Berkeley [AHG3DFQ65ESGY] (Contact)
(TO):[Pay: 4.17][Fair: 4.86][Comm: 4.56][Fast: 4.85]
Description:
Judge the similarity of pairs of fruits on a scale from 0 to 10
Time: 10 minutes
Hits Available: 1407
Reward: $0.02
Qualifications: Masters has been granted, HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95, Location is US

These are pretty damn easy on a tablet. They would probably be similarly easy with AHK, but I dunno about all that.

Also...fruit is fucking weird looking. These things all look like either alien spawn pods or genitals or possibly alien genitals.
I hope Peachy @PeachyRider isn't reading this right now.

CatWhiskers

Looking In Your Fridge
Reaction score
Thankful for the trail blazers who came before us. It had to start somewhere. Just like we wouldn't want to go back to life without modern conveniences I don't think anyone would want to go back to the way mturk used to be. I can surely tell you I wouldn't have been able to stick it out. 1st of all because of what Lepi @Lepi posted above, but also I am no where near as computer literate as a lot of you and know absolutely nothing about scripting and programming. I am a middle aged woman who stumbled upon this site one day when I was part of a blogging community and ran across an article about this place. And here I am.
I was looking for something else turk related and came across a really old blog by an mturker from back in 2005...I think it was. It was when mTurk first got started...so whenever that was. Anyway, I disbanded my search for the other turk related thing for awhile and read all of the posts. It is absolutely unbelievable what those people went through when mTurk was brand new. The ridiculous amount of rejections that they all got for work that didn't pay jack squat in the first place - it was horrible to read it. They would get hundreds of rejections a day. I guess back then there wasn't this % approved that they had to worry about, so they kept plugging away.

I compared it a lot to how things were when I got started. I started before a lot of these scripts were out, and in some cases, it was actually easier, but not because there weren't any scripts, it's because the community was smaller. Except for a few jerks who mocked new people looking for help, most people were helpful and shared - we all did the batches and surveys together - we all faced mass rejections together, we all faced triumph together, we all cheered each other on when we made the money that we did - people weren't stingy and hiding things from each other....

What made it easier was not only the smaller community of people, no cliques, etc, it was the fact that there weren't as many people turking back then. It was actually possible to get a freaking hit without scrambling - there was no need for all of those scripts. Now there's like 1300 different turking forums, there's cliques, there's secrets, and there's a whole lot more people....it is not possible to turk as well now without scripts as it was back then without scripts based solely on the quantity (and in some cases quality) of people. And I say that having been to other forums - not everyone is nice. Not by a long shot. The feeling of "community" and people willing to help others learn is dwindling...only a few places left actually do that. The rest of them - they are in it all for themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.