04/21 - The What? Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Judge the similarity of fruits | PANDA
Requester: Cocosci Lab at UC Berkeley [AHG3DFQ65ESGY] (Contact)
(TO):[Pay: 4.17][Fair: 4.86][Comm: 4.56][Fast: 4.85]
Description:
Judge the similarity of pairs of fruits on a scale from 0 to 10
Time: 10 minutes
Hits Available: 1407
Reward: $0.02
Qualifications: Masters has been granted, HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95, Location is US

These are pretty damn easy on a tablet. They would probably be similarly easy with AHK, but I dunno about all that.

Also...fruit is fucking weird looking. These things all look like either alien spawn pods or genitals or possibly alien genitals.
way the fuck too many decision points for 2 cents each.

Digital Nomad

Reaction score
huh

"You see a man having sex with a frozen chicken before cooking it for dinner."

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
Peaches are like the sexiest of the fruits.

Nothing like a good bottom on a peach. I'm getting a little too exicited now

Reactions: Pleco

Digital Nomad

Reaction score

Pippa

All things lovely and beautiful.
Contributor
Reaction score
I was looking for something else turk related and came across a really old blog by an mturker from back in 2005...I think it was. It was when mTurk first got started...so whenever that was. Anyway, I disbanded my search for the other turk related thing for awhile and read all of the posts. It is absolutely unbelievable what those people went through when mTurk was brand new. The ridiculous amount of rejections that they all got for work that didn't pay jack squat in the first place - it was horrible to read it. They would get hundreds of rejections a day. I guess back then there wasn't this % approved that they had to worry about, so they kept plugging away.

I compared it a lot to how things were when I got started. I started before a lot of these scripts were out, and in some cases, it was actually easier, but not because there weren't any scripts, it's because the community was smaller. Except for a few jerks who mocked new people looking for help, most people were helpful and shared - we all did the batches and surveys together - we all faced mass rejections together, we all faced triumph together, we all cheered each other on when we made the money that we did - people weren't stingy and hiding things from each other....

What made it easier was not only the smaller community of people, no cliques, etc, it was the fact that there weren't as many people turking back then. It was actually possible to get a freaking hit without scrambling - there was no need for all of those scripts. Now there's like 1300 different turking forums, there's cliques, there's secrets, and there's a whole lot more people....it is not possible to turk as well now without scripts as it was back then without scripts based solely on the quantity (and in some cases quality) of people. And I say that having been to other forums - not everyone is nice. Not by a long shot. The feeling of "community" and people willing to help others learn is dwindling...only a few places left actually do that. The rest of them - they are in it all for themselves.
Thanks for your thoughtful reply. I have encountered mostly helpful people and for that I am thankful. I have lurked at some other places but chose not to engage in or participate in the conversation because of the hostility. (I ain't got time for that) Before I learned about some of the helps people had given I was just plugging away by myself with no forum help. I have to say though that the community here has made my turking time more enjoyable. That's what makes this place different from other sites. There is a nice feel to it. There's time to get to work and have people who are helpful and then there are playful times that make it enjoyable. Oh and the snark is about as good as it gets. Glad to be a part of this place.

Last edited:

Tuesday

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
i said i got a thing for that for saturday's thread, not tomorrow
May I make the thread for tomorrow then. It will be a cover song, but only if you are amenable.

Digital Nomad

Reaction score
Title: Fill in a survey about workplace relationships | PANDA
Requester: Vincent HUANG [A3T3I1U0H6H2PO] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 4.00 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 3.88 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.00 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 3.83 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 8
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: Please share your experience. Respondents should be full-time employees and Facebook users.
Time: 24 hours
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $0.70
Qualifications: Masters has been granted, HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 95, Location is US

Status
Not open for further replies.