05/05 - Pink Floyd Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
So I'm just going to jump in with both feet here in the hopes that a @Mentor or somebody else can help me out, because this will probably be the simplest question someone asks all week.

Yesterday was my first day on the job. Trying to just do numbers HITs to get some approvals under my belt. It seems like one of the fastest and simplest options available to me is this thing from Amazon/A9 that has like 80000 HITs available. It's a survey that shows a picture of a product and asks some questions (I'm including a screenshot). I'm having a hard time figuring out what's going on with the first question. It's asking if I can see the cellphone used to take the photo. Is it just asking if someone took a picture in a mirror and the phone is visible or something? Or is it asking something else, which I'm not understanding? I've done a handful of these and have been answering false every time because they're just photos of products, but I'm getting a little worried that I'm going to tank myself with a ton of early rejections based on a misunderstanding, and all the ones from yesterday are still pending. If any of you can put my mind at ease here, I'd be super grateful. Also, would you use "Unknown/Not Recognizable Item" if you're looking at something like a picture of a wallet sitting open, where it's not exactly the front?

Thanks, folks.
don't do work that pays shit.

these have a US qual.

no US worker should be doing these.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
just got an email for the boston college economics follow-up. how bad is it, guys?

Reactions: Starslip

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score

GTR

Reaction score
yess Hanny baby, you've come to me

Reactions: Michele

Michele

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Previous/Next Event | AcceptA
Requester: Hannah Rashkin [A5ZY2NLV5IM1Z] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $7.29] [Pay: 2.44] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 3.79] [Fast: 4.37] [Comm: 3.63] [Fair: 4.89] [Reviews: 23] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $0.17
Duration: 30 minutes
Available: 499
Description: What do people do before and after events?
Requirements: PreviouslySubmittedEventAnnotations DoesNotExist; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; PreviouslySubmittedEventSequenceAnnotations DoesNotExist

Reactions: GTR

parksonian

Reaction score
I did a bunch today and assumed that if you did not see them holding the phone (like a mirror selfie) then you selected false. There was only one HIT that I actually saw a phone in.
Thanks! I can really overthink myself into a corner in unfamiliar situations, so I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some totally obvious other meaning I was missing.

don't do work that pays shit.

these have a US qual.

no US worker should be doing these.
I appreciate the advice. I've been trying to stick to things that are a bit more rewarding, like transcriptions or Googling for contact info. But right now I'm more focused on setting myself up long-term, and it seems like beefing up my accepted HITs and avoiding rejections are the best paths to that. Since those surveys are quick, simple, and from a solid requester that's unlikely to reject me, I want to use them to make sure I'm getting my 100 HITs per day. Plus I can listen to music, unlike the transcription.

Reactions: MarkC and jan

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from AdsForce for work related to 3CVBMEMMXCIE2PU38VD1XT607E6H70.
The value of your bonus is: $0.53 USD

The Requester included this note:

Hello,

We want to thank you for working on Spanish Ads for Adsforce. We are granting bonus at a rate multiplied by your work on every assignment we received from you during a certain period.

????? I have never worked on the Spanish Adforces????????
they were spanish adforces that were erroneously in English :)

jan

Reaction score
So I'm just going to jump in with both feet here in the hopes that a @Mentor or somebody else can help me out, because this will probably be the simplest question someone asks all week.

Yesterday was my first day on the job. Trying to just do numbers HITs to get some approvals under my belt. It seems like one of the fastest and simplest options available to me is this thing from Amazon/A9 that has like 80000 HITs available. It's a survey that shows a picture of a product and asks some questions (I'm including a screenshot). I'm having a hard time figuring out what's going on with the first question. It's asking if I can see the cellphone used to take the photo. Is it just asking if someone took a picture in a mirror and the phone is visible or something? Or is it asking something else, which I'm not understanding? I've done a handful of these and have been answering false every time because they're just photos of products, but I'm getting a little worried that I'm going to tank myself with a ton of early rejections based on a misunderstanding, and all the ones from yesterday are still pending. If any of you can put my mind at ease here, I'd be super grateful. Also, would you use "Unknown/Not Recognizable Item" if you're looking at something like a picture of a wallet sitting open, where it's not exactly the front?

Thanks, folks.

Michele

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Real Factor End-User Survey | Accept
Requester: erkam [ATWQIN6MTEWMI] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: $1.50
Duration: 10 minutes
Available: 1
Description: Give us your opinion about our prototype, RealFactor (est. < 10min)
Requirements: realfactor-survey-batch-1 DoesNotExist
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.2.3
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: jan

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from UI Researcher for work related to -.
The value of your bonus is: $5.00 USD

Thank you for participating in our financial preference survey (#2). We randomly chose your third investment decision. Your investment did not match the coin flip. This means you are paid a bonus of $5.00.

------
You've received a bonus from Gretchen Wilroy for work related to -.
The value of your bonus is: $0.55 USD

Short Survey Invite

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Michele

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Be careful. SUPER short timer. I ran out of time.
Title: Real Factor End-User Survey | Accept
Requester: erkam [ATWQIN6MTEWMI] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: $1.50
Duration: 10 minutes
Available: 1
Description: Give us your opinion about our prototype, RealFactor (est. < 10min)
Requirements: realfactor-survey-batch-1 DoesNotExist
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.2.3
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: jan and GTR
Status
Not open for further replies.