Not open for further replies.

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Title: Complete a video task and survey (~30-45 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Zachary C. Irving [AG0YJ2MHF28IA] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$26.61] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 5.00
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 0
Description: We are conducting an academic study about thinking. You will respond to a video task and answer questions about your thoughts (estimated time: 30-45 minutes). Select the link below to complete the study.
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.9
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
took me around 18 minutes yesterday.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What kinda qual is on that 5 dollar hit, wondering cause I can't do it.

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
She's 15 a freshman in high school.....I'll tell the story. When she was younger she was diagnosed with ADHD and ODD, she was super difficult to deal with for awhile, temper tantrums lots of refusal to do things, just a difficult child. Her ability as a student isn't that she's dumb cause she's not..it's an effort thing. She has always done everything extremely slow, from chores to eating to school work, just really really slow.

Well for years she basically decided she wasn't going to do anything at school because they'd just pass her anyway. Riding her as a parent does nothing, at one point her counselor told us to let her fail, let real life consequences happen, we did, she didn't care.

Well now it's freshman year of high school....she's failing every class, and finally last night she is sitting here crying about how she can't pass anything after we told her for months she needed to put in effort this year. She won't do homework...she doesn't really do any work she is supposed to...

Then she'll bring up her magic bullet idea "can I be home schooled" to which I'm like oh no....you don't listen to me about picking up your shoes let alone that...not to mention she's lazy and thinks home school means she won't have to do anything.

I just don't know how to give someone a drive/work ethic that does not have one, she skips class, has like 50 tardies, and I got a call the other day that she refused to put her phone away about 7 times when a teacher told her to.

She is also part of major drama at school....she lives for that shit though.

That is what I am dealing with.
This might have been mentioned but I haven't read on. Is she formally diagnossed with ADHD and OCD? If so do you have an IEP for her? Maybe that can help her if they create something that would work for her and her teachers know about it.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This might have been mentioned but I haven't read on. Is she formally diagnossed with ADHD and OCD? If so do you have an IEP for her? Maybe that can help her if they create something that would work for her and her teachers know about it.
They won't give her an IEP for ADHD. Tried that road several times.

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I understand that, she went through a lot of this at a younger age...she was on meds which mellowed her out to a degree but her school stuff never improved and mom would rather not have her medicated which I understand.
Not sure if this will help, but have you thought about getting her involved in some sort of volunteer activity where she's able to tutor or coach needy kids, specifically kids from disadvantaged families/communities?

My cousin has something that resembles ODD. The harder she is pushed to achieve or to do something, the more she resists. However, when she has people who need her to achieve or do something, then she really shapes up and can get shit done. She also really gravitated towards the slackers and the losers who were too-cool-for-school.

Anyway, I observed that my cousin really gets caught-up in her own struggles and issues, and getting pestered by her mom/dad didn't really help. But she's all aces when someone else needs her and benefits from her time/efforts. It's almost like she really needs to find motivation/purpose outside of herself, because she just can't muster motivation up internally.

Also, as a teenager, I personally found volunteering at homeless shelters and food kitchens helped put life into perspective for me... It's like, whatever issues or problems I had in my life (especially stupid teenage issues), I was reminded me how fortunate I was for the things I did have. Also, I as I got to know more of the kids & families we were helping, it made me realize how tenuous my own socio-economic security really is, because many of them came from similar backgrounds as myself, and a handful of bad choices in life (or bad people in their lieves) put them down a path that was hard to climb back up from... gave me the perspective that I really need to work hard to avoid ever slipping so far down that's it's too hard to get back up.

Anyway, not really advice... just some thoughts...

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Complete a video task and survey (~30-45 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Zachary C. Irving [AG0YJ2MHF28IA] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$26.61] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 5.00
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 0
Description: We are conducting an academic study about thinking. You will respond to a video task and answer questions about your thoughts (estimated time: 30-45 minutes). Select the link below to complete the study.
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.9
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
I had technical errors yesterday and the requester was really polite and responsive, just FYI.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Not sure if this will help, but have you thought about getting her involved in some sort of volunteer activity where she's able to tutor or coach needy kids, specifically kids from disadvantaged families/communities?

My cousin has something that resembles ODD. The harder she is pushed to achieve or to do something, the more she resists. However, when she has people who need her to achieve or do something, then she really shapes up and can get shit done. She also really gravitated towards the slackers and the losers who were too-cool-for-school.

Anyway, I observed that my cousin really gets caught-up in her own struggles and issues, and getting pestered by her mom/dad didn't really help. But she's all aces when someone else needs her and benefits from her time/efforts. It's almost like she really needs to find motivation/purpose outside of herself, because she just can't muster motivation up internally.

Also, as a teenager, I personally found volunteering at homeless shelters and food kitchens helped put life into perspective for me... It's like, whatever issues or problems I had in my life (especially stupid teenage issues), I was reminded me how fortunate I was for the things I did have. Also, I as I got to know more of the kids & families we were helping, it made me realize how tenuous my own socio-economic security really is, because many of them came from similar backgrounds as myself, and a handful of bad choices in life (or bad people in their lieves) put them down a path that was hard to climb back up from... gave me the perspective that I really need to work hard to avoid ever slipping so far down that's it's too hard to get back up.

Anyway, not really advice... just some thoughts...
Hrm, never even considered that, maybe it's not a bad idea.

Reactions: Tandem In Time
Status
Not open for further replies.