05/20 - Famous Canines Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey all, nice to be here. I've been meaning to start mturking for a while now, but just never got around to signing up.

All the newcomer guides were really helpful, especially the "first 1000 hits". I just had a quick question, it mentioned somewhere about 'number threads', but I can't seem to actually find a thread like that. As a complete beginner, I've been doing surveys here and there, and doing only a few 'grinding' tasks, like transcribing really obvious audio.

Is there any grinding task that is relatively easy, doesn't have to pay too much, and has a high chance of being accepted?

Thanks for any and all help.
Welcome! :wave2:

Reactions: Tribune

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Hey all, nice to be here. I've been meaning to start mturking for a while now, but just never got around to signing up.

All the newcomer guides were really helpful, especially the "first 1000 hits". I just had a quick question, it mentioned somewhere about 'number threads', but I can't seem to actually find a thread like that. As a complete beginner, I've been doing surveys here and there, and doing only a few 'grinding' tasks, like transcribing really obvious audio.

Is there any grinding task that is relatively easy, doesn't have to pay too much, and has a high chance of being accepted?

I thought it was fun. Except when the nodes 'glitch'. $4.30 bonus for me.

adding this to j0e @j0e 's post about numbers http://www.mturkcrowd.com/threads/how-to-auto-accept-hits-on-mturk-using-the-panda-method.2/

Reactions: Tribune and j0e

VGB

dr. peepee poopoo
Reaction score

Depending on how good you are at text transcription, Coupon Vision usually drops throughout the day if you keep a panda running

https://www.mturk.com/mturk/previewandaccept?groupId=3BZN229KV5TWHZF32GLR8LCC1TX6DS

not great HITs in general, but easy enough, 6h auto-approval and you can make a little bit without maxing out your 100/day (if you're still in probation) on pennies. Did them a lot in my earlier days as filler.

ActionJohnny

Reaction score
30s
Title: Short academic survey (around 2 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Eugina [A1NX645QM9YKO9] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☭☭☭☭☭ 3.67 Communicativity
☭☭☭☭ 4.32 Generosity
☭☭☭☭ 4.52 Fairness
☭☭☭☭ 4.83 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 30
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: Answer a few questions
Time: 15 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $0.15
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 50; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is US; Photography has not been granted

Reactions: RaiderJ and Tribune

BrewMeister

1) d4
Contributor
Reaction score

Welcome! Don't be scared of the animals. MOST of us don't bite....

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
I threw back a full queue of GeoHIVES thinking they were broken. Now they are all gone and I'm sad.
I did the same thing. Pretty sure they were broken.

VGB

dr. peepee poopoo
Reaction score
Title: Thinking about sources | PANDA
Requester: Shaun Nichols [A18PTSRUOO1Z41] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 2.67 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.88 Generosity
★★★★ 4.43 Fairness
★★★★ 4.03 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 62 | TOS Flags: 2
Submit a new TO review
Description: short survey; psychology
Time: 30 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.30
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95

quick

<Gucci>

Francis Manancis ...fuck you...
Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

yea just do all the hits that YAHU @YAHU or I do we seem to have the lowest rejection rates. :)

in all seriousness productRNR take the quals for the bunny inc hits, A2z, ibotta 1 penny hits, take the qual for venue quality.
if you really want numbers and some cash spend half your hour hitting up surveys and the other half doing penny hits. Then you won't be making a dollar per hour.

Krikket

YouTube Connoisseur
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Perception of Others | PANDA
Requester: Social Motives Lab Miami University [A1UBMXLQRBF6YE] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 5.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.00 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★ 4.71 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 15 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: In this survey you will respond to questions about others. The entire survey will take approximately 10-15 minutes to complete.
Time: 3 hours
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95;Location is US

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Just a note for the people doing the Glom Hits.
The requester is very communicative. Here is a communication about the pay.

Me:

One thing I would like to note, I feel that the pay is a little to low.

In order to make these worth $6-7/ hour, I need to do only a minute on each Hit.
With that little time, it is difficult for me to give a high quality answer.

Thank you!

Glom Requester:

Yes, we noticed that the workers need more time on the HITs then anticipated, so in the next batch we will probably go up with the payment.

Thank you for your feedback.

jan

Reaction score
Where'ya going honey?
-Oh, just off to Target to buy a banana.....
dd always buys one banana with me in the market to eat on the way home :).
However, when she was in public school - she said NEVER EVER send her to school with a banana. (middle school, boys, you know............:oops:).

Status
Not open for further replies.