05/27 - Speedy Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
Insulation in the basement and fencing for the backyard
Ohhhh fun stuff lol. At least the insulation will make the basement better temperature wise. Fencing for privacy. We can't put up fencing here without a permit so I'm thinking of planting certain things along the fence lol. Have like five different yards that can see into our yard because no one has anything up to block for privacy.

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Does it need to be a maker or would French press be good? I have this one and love it a lot: https://www.amazon.com/Bodum-Brazil-French-Press-Coffee/dp/B00008WU9F
I love French press coffee. I have one of these that was a going away present from a restaurant I worked at when I moved out of state. It is fantastic!

https://www.amazon.com/Frieling-Sta...sr=1-17&keywords=stainless+steel+french+press

@Fester If you want a drip maker the Cuisinart insulated carafe ones are pretty good for every day use.

Last edited:

KellieS23

Anyone else feel like a Rainbow?
Contributor
Reaction score
Ohhhh fun stuff lol. At least the insulation will make the basement better temperature wise. Fencing for privacy. We can't put up fencing here without a permit so I'm thinking of planting certain things along the fence lol. Have like five different yards that can see into our yard because no one has anything up to block for privacy.
We had to get a permit to repair our existing fence...Lame
But it was only $28 and all I had to do was give them our address and promise not to make the fence higher than 6'

Reactions: A6_Foul_Out

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
We had to get a permit to repair our existing fence...Lame
But it was only $28 and all I had to do was give them our address and promise not to make the fence higher than 6'
Ohhhh hmmm, that's interesting. I am a first time homeowner so didn't know permits could be that cheap. I'm thinking of going natural though because it may be cheaper in the long run than a normal fence. Plus it'll make the yard look better lol. (And if we have hurricanes, I'd be more worried about a big, wooden fence lol)

Reactions: KellieS23

KellieS23

Contributor
Reaction score
make it 7'
My husband wants to put a nice "cap" thingy on top to make it all nice and it'll make it 6' 3"
I asked our contractor neighbor what the penalty is and it's only $50...so yeah our fence will probably break the rules. The good news is the city workers rarely (if ever) come to our edge of town and I doubt anyone will give a shit

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: interactive decision making tasks(~ 15 minutes) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Gonzalo [AVOOGZ588BKZ0] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.08] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 15] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $4.91/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 0% of 2] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 2] [Brk: 0]
Description:
This is a study about decision-making in groups of different sizes. You will be interacting with other participants currently online. You have the possibility to earn an extra payment according to the outcome of the games, and/or win a lottery prize of $10 US.
Time: 50 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: Exc: [45271-44682] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 85; Location In US;

KellieS23

Contributor
Reaction score
Ohhhh hmmm, that's interesting. I am a first time homeowner so didn't know permits could be that cheap. I'm thinking of going natural though because it may be cheaper in the long run than a normal fence. Plus it'll make the yard look better lol. (And if we have hurricanes, I'd be more worried about a big, wooden fence lol)
I think it depends on the city. Ours is a small town and a permit to build a shed/garage is like $90...but I know Wichita has more regulations/cost for permits.
It's honestly a great idea to go ask questions, most city offices are required to have pamphlets on this kind of stuff. I was shocked when I heard that first of all to do any fence work that we had to have a permit, then pleasantly surprised it was less than $30 and they only have like 3 requirements.

Reactions: sinon

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
I think it depends on the city. Ours is a small town and a permit to build a shed/garage is like $90...but I know Wichita has more regulations/cost for permits.
It's honestly a great idea to go ask questions, most city offices are required to have pamphlets on this kind of stuff. I was shocked when I heard that first of all to do any fence work that we had to have a permit, then pleasantly surprised it was less than $30 and they only have like 3 requirements.
Ahhh, that's true. I'll have to go see about my city and their pamphlets. Thank you for the advice :)
Wish you luck on the insulation and fencing! Sounds like some tough jobs but I'm sure it'll pay off in the end~

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
and you'd hope that the fees and the fines are there only to prevent something truly gaudy and unsightly rather than be a revenue stream.

KellieS23

Contributor
Reaction score
Ahhh, that's true. I'll have to go see about my city and their pamphlets. Thank you for the advice :)
Wish you luck on the insulation and fencing! Sounds like some tough jobs but I'm sure it'll pay off in the end~
Thanks...good luck :)

Reactions: sinon

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: 3-5 minute research study(~ 5 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: MPR Lab [A1D3TEW14SPDKU] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.98] [Fast: 4.91] [Comm: 4.34] [Fair: 4.88] [Reviews: 189] [ToS: 1]
TO 2:
[Rate: $7.78/hr] [Pen: 0.52 days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 100% of 3] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Description:
Participate in a research task
Time: 1 hour
HITs Available: 6
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [45076714-44843] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US;

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Answer a four minute survey on different topics | PANDA
Requester: Rosalia Pampalk [A1D5E5SKYG320P] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.00] [Fast: 4.56] [Comm: 3.80] [Fair: 4.75] [Reviews: 32] [ToS: 1]
TO 2:
[Rate: $24.00/hr] [Pen: 2.00 days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 100% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Description:
You will be asked to answer four short questionnaires on the topics of food preferences, preferred clothing styles, visual perceptions and decision making.
Time: 2 hours
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: kisaistudies DoesNotExist ; respondent DoesNotExist ;

Cmoney

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
PROLIFIC STUDY
Title:
Managerial Skills A- Males
Hosted by : TALIB AL HINAI
Reward : £ 0.80
Avg. Reward Per Hour :
£9.6/hr
Available Places : 132/200
Maximum Allowed Time : 22mins
Avg. Completion Time : 5mins

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
anybody have a time on that 3$ hit for people 18-25?

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
good morning :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.