05/28 - Turntable Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Ching

Reaction score
What the hell am I looking at?
So, I saw this recipe for gnocchi by Gordan Ramsay

But, I didn't want to add ricotta or egg and I had seen a couple of eggless gnocchi recipes. So I just used baked potato and flour. Well, I boiled the gnocchi and they were pretty tacky and sticky. I dried them a bit before I attempted to sautee them. I thought I had enough olive oil in the pan, and I pretty much over crowded the pan. I was suppose to brown them on both sides before adding butter and peas .But once I went to do the initial flip, they were just falling apart in the pan and everything went down hill.

So, I'm guessing its partly because I didn't use the egg which would give a tighter bond to the potato mixture and partially because I think I did not have enough oil in the pan. But yeah, it was suppose to be gnocchi.

HelloHello

Reaction score
How long does it take for bonuses to show up in your account once the Requester pays them?

Reactions: C to the J

HelloHello

Reaction score

But, I didn't want to add ricotta or egg and I had seen a couple of eggless gnocchi recipes. So I just used baked potato and flour. Well, I boiled the gnocchi and they were pretty tacky and sticky. I dried them a bit before I attempted to sautee them. I thought I had enough olive oil in the pan, and I pretty much over crowded the pan. I was suppose to brown them on both sides before adding butter and peas .But once I went to do the initial flip, they were just falling apart in the pan and everything went down hill.

So, I'm guessing its partly because I didn't use the egg which would give a tighter bond to the potato mixture and partially because I think I did not have enough oil in the pan. But yeah, it was suppose to be gnocchi.
:highfive:

Reactions: I Ching

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
How long does it take for bonuses to show up in your account once the Requester pays them?
Same as the normal time it takes for a HIT to go from approved to paid.
1-8 hours, usually somewhere in the middle.

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score

Oh, I legit wasn't sure what I was looking at. I just saw the big pan and a fork and a lot of empty space and assumed you already ate it all.

HelloHello

Reaction score
Hey you folks in the Central USA (NE) there's a report of a massive supercell being spotted! Be safe!

Film on USA Today.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Watching Breaking Bad and doing Mturk.... it just feels right. Too bad I'm already almost done with season 4 :( At least I have Better Call Saul!
Better Call Saul is still filming their new season. I need to take a screencap of my dashcam and post it - I drove by one of their filming location signs today so they were filming more things (usually the warehouse on-location (non-soundstage) scenes or some on-location office scenes) in the vicinity of the doctors office I went to today.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
...raccoons...got into your house....and stole your food?
well, they are trash pandas after all! :wink:

Can't wait for the Rocket City Trash Pandas to start playing minor league baseball next season or the season after.

Reactions: themildone
Status
Not open for further replies.