05/31 - Thankful N' Thoughtful Thursday!

Have you voted for Crowd Pleaser yet? https://goo.gl/WFo2tz

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bokamo

Reaction score
What kind of infection did you get?
I don't know, it's just "post-operative". The antibiotics he put me on are supposed to kill EVERYTHING (including staph and MRSA) so I'm a little freaked out that it's NOT. Today is gonna suck when he opens my neck back up, but i"m guessing he'll swab it this time to see. I was there last week when this started and he said it was likely just where one of the internal stitches dissolved weird and left a little pocket of fluid that got infected. It just fucking sucks.

ALinAL

Contributor
Reaction score
I think everyone is pretty mixed on that and would say that you should do what you think is best and are willing ot live with if it gets rejected. Personally if I didn't do at least half of the hit I wouldn't think about submitting it. And the requester would be well within reason to not pay, since the work wasn't completed (even though it wasn't the workers fault.)

edit: I probably wouldn't submit unless I was sure I did about 75%+ of the hit. And even then only if it was a long time investment and worth wasting more time to contact the requester about.
It crashes about half way through. The hit also provides a code so you can log back in to the site. So long as you keep this code, you should be able to log back in once the requester fixes the problem. I would suggest mentioning your willingness and intent to finish the hit once it's fixed, if you do submit.

Reactions: Jaded

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: 2 MINUTE TASK ABOUT BRANDS ON FACEBOOK | Accept
Requester: Maximilian Gerrath [AMF4BRSUGFX4C] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$12.59] [Pay=4.33] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.25
Duration: 3600
Available: 1
Description: Give us your opinion about brands
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 10000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.5
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: Jaded and Kat8mouse

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't know, it's just "post-operative". The antibiotics he put me on are supposed to kill EVERYTHING (including staph and MRSA) so I'm a little freaked out that it's NOT. Today is gonna suck when he opens my neck back up, but i"m guessing he'll swab it this time to see. I was there last week when this started and he said it was likely just where one of the internal stitches dissolved weird and left a little pocket of fluid that got infected. It just fucking sucks.
That's not good, I was concerned about infection when I had my surgery...what kind of neck surgery did you have?

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: What did I eat today | Accept
Requester: iCarbonX Israel [A2QKH56BEP3NMS] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$13.18] [Pay=4.50] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
Reward: 0.10
Available: 21
Description: Please describe something you ate today and how much of it did you eat? as if you were describing it to a dietitian
Qualifications: None
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Bokamo

Reaction score
That's not good, I was concerned about infection when I had my surgery...what kind of neck surgery did you have?
I had a complete substernal thyroidectomy. I had a partial not quite 2 years ago (that was supposed to be a complete but that's a whole nother load of bull), so it's a 2nd surgery at the same site which complicates things. I totally look like the victim of a botched beheading now though, and I'm thinking about getting a zipper tattoo over the scar once it heals lol.

Reactions: themildone
Reaction score
Ran into the same problem everyone else has been having with the $7 HIT. Just opened digitChallenge right after the HIT expired and now it works.

Of course.

Reactions: Kliq and 4ourfuture

masterx1234

Contributor
Reaction score
May I ask any mturk vets in this thread, Is it always this slow like this around this time of year? and how long does it last? I need the money I make from here so bad right now, in a very tight spot for cash.

jan

Reaction score
Title: Sustainability of coffee sold in aluminium capsules | Accept
Requester: Julia Eiler [A3D0WEVMWXMC5C] Contact
TV: No Reviews
Reward: 0.50
Available: 1
Description: Please provide us with your opinion about coffee capsules sold in aluminium capsules as well as your sustainability attitude.
Qualifications: Location NotEqualTo IN; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Sounds like fun.[/td][/tr]
I'm thinking her script to get the code didn't actually produce a code?

Reactions: mboone73

ALinAL

Contributor
Reaction score
The Digit Challenge section is working for me now, so I sent another email to the requester to let him know I was attempting to finish the task.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: What did I eat today | Accept
Requester: iCarbonX Israel [A2QKH56BEP3NMS] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$13.18] [Pay=4.50] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
Reward: 0.10
Available: 21
Description: Please describe something you ate today and how much of it did you eat? as if you were describing it to a dietitian
Qualifications: None
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
"As our datasets are currently unable to deal with indian food, We request that you refrain from reporting about indian dishes consumed. Those reports will be rejected"

What?

Reactions: Bokamo and jan

jan

Reaction score
May I ask any mturk vets in this thread, Is it always this slow like this around this time of year? and how long does it last? I need the money I make from here so bad right now, in a very tight spot for cash.
It's always different in summer - the schools don't produce nearly as many s urveys.
The people who survive summers really look for batches. Often there are a few miracle batches (a few requesters who just show up and save the summer).
But it's a slog.

Reactions: masterx1234

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
"As our datasets are currently unable to deal with indian food, We request that you refrain from reporting about indian dishes consumed. Those reports will be rejected"

What?
Yeah, I feel like i'm gonna end up with a rejection from this somehow, even w/out reporting an indian dish.

Reactions: mboone73
Status
Not open for further replies.