06/01 - White Tea Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tribune

Tribune of the Plebs
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Since I rarely do any of them, can you explain the OCMPs to me? I see there are so many different ones and they always need qualification that I don't have. Does one simply request the qualification and then get started on the particular batch? Or does one always have to be on the look-out for qualification HITs?
They almost always require qual HITs, which usually pay and sometimes reject.

Sometimes, OCMP doesn't know what they're looking for.
The first people who take the qual might have to do it again (or even get locked out).

OCMP's algorithms are volatile:
it's not unusual for workers to receive multiple emails as their qual values are adjusted up and down again.

About a year and a half ago, I was able to make bank on one kind of OCMP HIT.
Others proved (in retrospect) not to have been worth my while.

I stopped trying to qual for OCMP altogether, and now the birds outside my window sing more sweetly.
YMMV.

Last edited:

sryan66611

Contributor
Reaction score
Alright I'm back again. I'm at $7.65. Still not $15. I'm not giving up but I'm feeling a bit discouraged.
Go get the productRNR quals (auto Granted) search on greasyfork for all the productRNR scripts (there are a couple out there Kadauchi made a few). Good Luck!

Reactions: Tribune

gle

Reaction score
There are different ways to do it but me personally I just keep a look out for them on hit scraper.
I see, thank you!

OCMP is one of the only requesters I use Turkmaster for, with exactly what you said: an "OCMP" search (qualified). Its a company called WorkFusion, which basically acts as a middle man for requesters, like Google. So, there are a ton of different tasks in different styles that are posted.

Their system generally guides requesters to use a qualification HIT system, which means there will be qual HITs posted and you have to do a certain amount, usually 10 or 20. You get a qual score that signifies pass/fail, and you work on the different batches posted (if you pass) from there.
Ah, okay. So will I be able to just click "request this qualification" and then wait correct?

VGB

dr. peepee poopoo
Reaction score
Ah, okay. So will I be able to just click "request this qualification" and then wait correct?
Nope, they'll post a batch of unqualed HITs, usually labeled as a qual batch (i.e. "xxxx - Qualification") which have a counter that keeps track of submitted qualification HITs.

they go quick, though, so generally once they're posted, if you want the qual you just set a panda for that batch and try to catch enough to complete the qualification phase.

Reactions: Tribune and gle

sryan66611

Contributor
Reaction score
Reactions: Tribune and Lunnaku
Status
Not open for further replies.