06/02 - Tisane Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayjay

Contributor
Reaction score
He get waaay lucky in that it isn't anything to debilitating, he got a good bit of damage done to his hearing. Nothing to stop him from day to day life.
Ah, I feel that. One of my friends got injured during a job and hes considered disabled but he also lies in court about how severe the injuries are to get more benefits...

Husband didn't even graduate high school and makes decent money. It's all about career choice.
Yup...and you can be a millionaire without going to college if you have skills and a solid idea. Just ask basically any successful musician or steve jobs or whoever.

jayjay

Contributor
Reaction score
He get waaay lucky in that it isn't anything to debilitating, he got a good bit of damage done to his hearing. Nothing to stop him from day to day life.
Ah, I feel that. One of my friends got injured during a job and hes considered disabled but he also lies in court about how severe the injuries are to get more benefits...

Husband didn't even graduate high school and makes decent money. It's all about career choice.
Yup...and you can be a millionaire without going to college if you have skills and a solid idea. Just ask basically any successful musician or steve jobs or whoever.

j0e

Bounty Turker
Contributor
Reaction score
My dad was a disabled vet too. He always said the biggest perk of it was free education for his kids.

KnockoutTurk

Reaction score
Title: thin walls | PANDA
Requester: Sofia belenky [AMDNHDOZUJ68R] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 0.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 5.00 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 1 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Do you have really thin walls? Have you heard odd things? I am looking for stories of thin walls and overheard conversations or oddities. As our homes we live in become increasingly smaller, and flatmates become family, we retreat to the private room enclosed by the boundaries within the home: walls. This wall as a singular object necessarily has two sides. I would like to collect overheard stories of thin walls that describe the intimate horror of living in close quarters with strangers. Please send me a story at least 100 words of things you have overheard/ imagined on the other side of a wall. Thank you !
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: None
I think the guy's a dirty pervert and wants to hear sex stories... but that's just me.

<Gucci>

Francis Manancis ...fuck you...
Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
J @jayjay welp I guess you have got two options with that degree play with the stock market preferably other people's portfolios. Or start bitcoin mining
I'm kidding about the second one
I don't think you would be into having a large farm growing raspberries
stay and turk and post amazing gifs... :)

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Probably bad.

Title: Have You Ever Remodeled Part Of Your House? Tell Me About It. | PANDA
Requester: Scott Jenkins [A3Q9ZX7FW35TP2] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 1.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.00 Generosity
★★★★★ 2.60 Fairness
★★★★★ 3.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 6 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: In 300 Words Or More Tell About Your Remodel
Time: 24 hours
Reward: $1.10
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 94

Reactions: Tribune

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
OK. I did all my Glom's now where are the batches
Today's Projected Earnings: $11.69

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
and here I am :(
on mturk
Heck we all make choices and typically have no idea how they are going to turn out. Luckily scholarships covered my education or I would've never gone and my husband just followed what he knew.

Reactions: Tribune and jan

jayjay

Contributor
Reaction score
My dad was a disabled vet too. He always said the biggest perk of it was free education for his kids.
Being in NY, I really wonder how much benefits a veteran has when I go to the city and see so many homeless veterans begging for money.
If you suffer from emotional trauma, get shot at, deal with PTSD and/or become disabled....you should get more than just get a fucking college education that does shit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tribune and j0e

CindyLoUUWho

Wait, what?
Contributor
Reaction score
I really wanted to make some good money this week, too, because I'll be gone for 10 days. Oh well. At least Romania is cheap. :D

Maria Tortilla

Dave Grohl is my spirit animal
Contributor
Reaction score
I graduated exactly 7 years ago with a BFA. After 90 million different jobs that went no where, I now do online work and work the customer service desk at a grocery store.

I know how you feel. I graduated with a BA in Business Administration almost 10 years ago. After a bunch of crap jobs and too many rejects to count for actual good jobs (because I didn't have the required experience) I gave up and popped out two kids. I can now only get jobs in customer service or sales because it's the only thing I have experience in. I haven't seriously looked for a full time job in years.

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Social decision making experiment(~ 3 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Anthony Evans [A2PB5B34VCHRXY] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 5.00 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.32 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★ 4.88 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 43 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: In this survey, we are interested in people's beliefs about social decision making. This survey consists of one task where you will be asked to make judgments about another person.
Time: 30 minutes
Reward: $0.30
Qualifications: Exc: [445134-13428] has not been granted;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 80;Location is one of: US

Oatmar

just beachy
Contributor
Reaction score
they changed that a few years ago. My husband still gripes about how none of our kids will get to use his that he has no interest in.

Reactions: j0e and Tribune

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Gloms aren't personal batches anymore?
They never really were. Just no one used to do them. Maybe they had 50 sets of 20. SO if only 50 people did them, it was like a personal batch.

Status
Not open for further replies.