06/04 - Silver Needle Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: A research survey about why people use Mturk to perform HITs(~ 10 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Ibrahim [A2OHTF6CTUEM0D] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 0.00 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.00 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 1 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: This scientifc study investigates the reasons why people decide to use Mechanical Turk to perform HITS
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not greater than 100;Exc: [12441-11852] has not been granted;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 70;Location is one of: US

Reactions: LightningLord

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Take a 1-question survey (US-based) | PANDA
Requester: PickFu [AI2HRFAYYSAW7] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 4.23 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.38 Generosity
★★★★ 4.77 Fairness
★★★★ 4.79 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 240 | TOS Flags: 1
Submit a new TO review
Description: Pick the choice that best answers the question.
Time: 5 minutes
Reward: $0.04
Qualifications: PickFu NDA is 1;Location is US

RaffRiffofTurk

The Lord of Darkness Until 8 AM
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Take a 1-question survey (US-based) | PANDA
Requester: PickFu [AI2HRFAYYSAW7] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 4.23 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.38 Generosity
★★★★ 4.77 Fairness
★★★★ 4.79 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 240 | TOS Flags: 1
Submit a new TO review
Description: Pick the choice that best answers the question.
Time: 5 minutes
Reward: $0.04
Qualifications: PickFu NDA is 1;Location is US
PickFu is like my Grandma. I keep giving slow, simple answers and occasionally I will get a small bonus that I can't really spend on any thing of substance but I appreciate all the same.

LightningLord

You think that's a Schwinn.
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: A research survey about why people use Mturk to perform HITs(~ 10 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Ibrahim [A2OHTF6CTUEM0D] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 0.00 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.00 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 1 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: This scientifc study investigates the reasons why people decide to use Mechanical Turk to perform HITS
Time: 60 minutes
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not greater than 100;Exc: [12441-11852] has not been granted;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 70;Location is one of: US
It said I wasn't qualified even though I can't find anything like this in my database. :vamp:

Tuesday

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
:\
That sort of reminds me of that teaching story (it's told a lot in Zen circles) - about the monkey traps. (You know, the box with a hole in it - there's food inside. The monkey puts his hand through the hole to get the food - but when he makes a fist (holding the food), his hand become bigger than the hole - so he can't get out.

all he has to do, to run away and survive, is let go..........but, alas, the temptation of the food is too much:amish:
Lol, I think this is just human nature too. 'I will not let go of that boyfriend, or that girlfriend or that habit'. I'm not saying I have the willpower needed to overcome a dependency, I do not. But, it is interesting to recognize your habits in a different frame of reference.

Pippa

All things lovely and beautiful.
Contributor
Reaction score
Week in review:

Last Sunday husband gets a text the app we have from our bank that lets us know when something comes out, and it said 900.00 something dollars was spent at walmart.com. We had not bought anything from walmart.com so he called and the bank wasn't showing anything. Another text comes through for another 900.00 purchase. Ok now we're concerned. It's Sunday and now we have been alerted that 1800.00 has been spent but the bank isn't showing anything, Then a $50 charge shows up on the text alert. So he calls again and yep that one went through. So now we have to stop our cards and Monday is a holiday so we can't take care of it until Tuesday. So then Tuesday we go to the bank and they say we can't do anything until the transaction clears, so we wait a couple more days and then get it resolved, but talk about stress. Thank goodness that the 1800.00 didn't come out. They said it was suspicious so they wouldn't approve the transactions. HELLO if it was suspicious why didn't they intercept? Anyways now I'm waiting on a new debit card and for the bank to reimburse me.

Then Wednesday our refrigerator decides it doesn't want to work any longer, so after 6 hours of installing a new refrigerator I am now exhausted mentally and physically. So, I really hope that this week brings some good turk time.

On a positive note. No one is sick and we're not doing without so in the grand scheme of things were doing just fine.

LightningLord

You think that's a Schwinn.
Contributor
Reaction score
Week in review:

Last Sunday husband gets a text the app we have from our bank that lets us know when something comes out, and it said 900.00 something dollars was spent at walmart.com. We had not bought anything from walmart.com so he called and the bank wasn't showing anything. Another text comes through for another 900.00 purchase. Ok now we're concerned. It's Sunday and now we have been alerted that 1800.00 has been spent but the bank isn't showing anything, Then a $50 charge shows up on the text alert. So he calls again and yep that one went through. So now we have to stop our cards and Monday is a holiday so we can't take care of it until Tuesday. So then Tuesday we go to the bank and they say we can't do anything until the transaction clears, so we wait a couple more days and then get it resolved, but talk about stress. Thank goodness that the 1800.00 didn't come out. They said it was suspicious so they wouldn't approve the transactions. HELLO if it was suspicious why didn't they intercept? Anyways now I'm waiting on a new debit card and for the bank to reimburse me.

Then Wednesday our refrigerator decides it doesn't want to work any longer, so after 6 hours of installing a new refrigerator I am now exhausted mentally and physically. So, I really hope that this week brings some good turk time.

On a positive note. No one is sick and we're not doing without so in the grand scheme of things were doing just fine.
Sounds like your card was just trying to prepurchase a new fridge for you :p

Reactions: Pippa

Pippa

All things lovely and beautiful.
Contributor
Reaction score
I think my card got swiped. I hate scammers.

Reactions: LightningLord

RaffRiffofTurk

The Lord of Darkness Until 8 AM
Contributor
Reaction score
Sometimes I think it sure would be nice to have a forum husband. Someone to chat to about work, to spend online time with.

Then I see the dysfunction that is Pleco @Pleco and Vanyanka @Vanyanka and I change my mind.
I would never take a forum wife because any woman that wants to be bound to me on a regular basis I instantly question the judgement of. Real life girlfriend meanwhile has too much dirt on me to ever fully displease.

Status
Not open for further replies.