06/07 - Motivation Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
What do the check marks mean on HF. There is one for the requestor and 1 for the description.
I think, the one next to the requester means you have done a hit for them. The other one means you have done that specific hit before.

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
remember, you have 24 hours a day to work this
Part of my problem is I really don't. Jut like "real life" your reward isn't linear, you gain more than you would think from that extra time and attention, because things are definitely not evenly spread out. :/

Trucker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
What do the check marks mean on HF. There is one for the requestor and 1 for the description.
If the Requester is checked, it means that you have done a HIT for them before. If the HIT is checked, it means that you have done the HIT before. Although, I have found some cases where the HIT was checked for me and yet I had not done it before. I am not sure why though in those cases.

Reactions: LucyO

jijab

Reaction score
The check next to the requester means you've done work for them, the check near the description means you've done a hit with that name.

Trucker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Qualification to participate in future higher paid surveys • https://worker.mturk.com/projects/3FJ5S6GNL6Z6F4ECCX34K8CMDENE76/taskshttps://worker.mturk.com/projects/3FJ5S6GNL6Z6F4ECCX34K8CMDENE76/tasks/accept_random
Requester: Carolyn Limbrunner • https://worker.mturk.com/requesters/A3DXK1B17OKLZH/projects
TV: [Hrly=$24.32] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0] • https://turkerview.com/requesters/A3DXK1B17OKLZH
TO [Pay=3.00] [Fast=4.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=7] [ToS=0] • https://turkopticon.ucsd.edu/A3DXK1B17OKLZH
TO2 No Reviews • https://turkopticon.info/requesters/A3DXK1B17OKLZH
Reward: 0.01
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Answer 2 minutes of screening questions to try to qualify for higher paid surveys
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US

Qual HIT.

Nique77

Reaction score
If the Requester is checked, it means that you have done a HIT for them before. If the HIT is checked, it means that you have done the HIT before. Although, I have found some cases where the HIT was checked for me and yet I had not done it before. I am not sure why though in those cases.
That makes sense. What about if you did the hit and no check shows up on the description part?

jijab

Reaction score
I've noticed that too. I think maybe some of the hits with more generic names like "quick survey" or "5-min survey" have checks because I've done a hit with that name but from a different requester, so I've not done that specific hit. I also have noticed that some requester will use the same hit name, but the survey will be different.

Reactions: Trucker and LucyO

Trucker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
That makes sense. What about if you did the hit and no check shows up on the description part?
I have never run into that situation, so I can't say.

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
Just means the hit name was different, sometimes its changed between different iterations of the "same" hit.

klingeemonster

Does this poncho make me look fat?
Contributor
Reaction score
I love your avatar! Every time you post something it makes it look like you are super excited about it :)
Funny how that works, every time you post something, you're avatar makes it seem like it is going to be absolutely hilarious.

• Haha
Reactions: GTR and LucyO

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
I would go to Hit Tracker and do a 45 day refresh (or a "today" refresh if you did the hit that day) to update the data MTS has about what you've done and see if that gets the check mark to show up in Hit Finder.

Nique77

Reaction score
Just means the hit name was different, sometimes its changed between different iterations of the "same" hit.
But the words(description) turns purple instead of blue...so I know I have clicked on that exact one and I believe I completed it and not returned it.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Have you ever noticed sometimes that HIT titles (or consent pages or even the demographic questions) strongly tell you that you need to be an native English speaker to do their HIT yet the instructions or the questions sometimes seem to be written by a non-English speaker. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.