06/07 - Taco Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
i read one person got over 14 rejections from one of the last geohive batches though so i dont know. i think they did over 200 hits
I heard one person say they got 19. I didn't get any, but I think I just probably just got a really relaxed reviewer. I still won't do them again. I probably spent too much time going back and refreshing the page a bunch of times when I saw them slowing being looked over and approved.

Reactions: GTR and Peachy

GTR

Reaction score
i am really upset that tonight, while trimming a horse, my foot got smushed for the first time in 6 years. Not broken, but I will probably lose a toenail. I just got my running watch. I do not think I can run tomorrow. :rain:
don't feel bad, i'm always knocking toenails off. stumping my toes trying to get to the restroom while half asleep or high on Cheetos or Oreo;s dust

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
I heard one person say they got 19. I didn't get any, but I think I just probably just got a really relaxed reviewer. I still won't do them again. I probably spent too much time going back and refreshing the page a bunch of times when I saw them slowing being looked over and approved.
the transportation ones confused me. because imo you could technically mark that button for a lot of the pictures. i stopped after only 5 last week. i have cushion overload for extra rejections, but i want to get masters again and i dont want to risk a big rejection day

Reactions: GTR and Michele

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Participate in an academic research survey. Takes 10 minutes. Earn a $1.00 flat fee. | Accept
Requester: David Welsh [AU6DAPHD1N6GJ] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$19.79] [Pay=4.33] [Fast=4.50] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.02] [Fast=4.77] [Comm=4.20] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=44] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=14.44] [Pen=2.00 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 21600
Available: 3
Description: This research study will involve completing a number of tasks and survey questions.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
don't feel bad, i'm always knocking toenails off. stumping my toes trying to get to the restroom while half asleep or high on Cheetos or Oreo;s dust
i've never lost a toenail, even with broken toes. I've lost two fingernails though.

good job, your ways are very epic.

Reactions: GTR

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Figure out which foot is closer to camera in a photo | Accept
Requester: Chia-Hao Hsieh [A1K3PSY08I4WZH] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.05
Duration: 86400
Available: 3282
Description: Figure out whether left or right foot is covered by the other and not fully visible
Qualifications: Masters Exists
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Have any guys/gals done these before wondering how safe they are[/td][/tr]
the more I see the tasks that "masters" have to do, the more I think its actually like a charity. :p

Reactions: GTR and aveline

KillMoles

°
Contributor
Reaction score
i am really upset that tonight, while trimming a horse, my foot got smushed for the first time in 6 years. Not broken, but I will probably lose a toenail. I just got my running watch. I do not think I can run tomorrow. :rain:
Sorry to hear. I know how difficult it can be with a smashed toe. They make all sorts of safety footwear besides steel-toed boots that can hold up a horse if you're interested. Even tennis shoes that will keep your foot from being crushed.

Reactions: GTR

egryan1

Reaction score
the more I see the tasks that "masters" have to do, the more I think its actually like a charity. :p
I am actually doing these fairly quickly just the wording is kinda weird and no TO so just gonna be careful and not do to many

Reactions: cb456

GTR

Reaction score
the transportation ones confused me. because imo you could technically mark that button for a lot of the pictures. i stopped after only 5 last week. i have cushion overload for extra rejections, but i want to get masters again and i dont want to risk a big rejection day
i marked transportation for about 95% of the ones I did, as well as residential, the only ones I did not mark transportation are the ones that you could see they were in desolate places with nothing around, what got me is the industrial, it would help a lot if they would have given examples of all the categories, butt NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Reactions: Peachy

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
You shouldn't beat dogs
jinx you owe me a coke

or at least that's what I would've said if I had posted the 'don't beat dogs' thing three minutes sooner

:rain:

Reactions: Jaded

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Requiring masters is enabled by default when creating any HITs that don't use the survey template, so masters just get all of the requesters that don't yet know what they're doing or what they should be paying. Often that leads to masters requesters paying a bit more than what other, more experienced requesters might be paying.

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
Sorry to hear. I know how difficult it can be with a smashed toe. They make all sorts of safety footwear besides steel-toed boots that can hold up a horse if you're interested. Even tennis shoes that will keep your foot from being crushed.

sounds pricey, especially my track record is 3 times in 28 years spending most of my time around horses, lol. i cannot stand heavy footwear. Only horses a paycheck make me put freaking shoes on.

but tanks

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
Requiring masters is enabled by default when creating any HITs that don't use the survey template, so masters just get all of the requesters that don't yet know what they're doing or what they should be paying. Often that leads to masters requesters paying a bit more than what other, more experienced requesters might be paying.
that is interesting. i'm sure amazon isnt in a big hurry to change that.

KillMoles

°
Contributor
Reaction score
sounds pricey, especially my track record is 3 times in 28 years spending most of my time around horses, lol. i cannot stand heavy footwear. Only horses a paycheck make me put freaking shoes on.

but tanks
Many are around $100 a pair or more, but there seem to be some for about 1/2 of that or so if you look around. Either way they probably won't hold up tanks though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.