06/07 - Taco Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Listen to a Genre Category: Hip Hop / Rap song and answer a survey about it. | Accept
Requester: AudioKite [A1ZEEGMU3YMZ6] Contact
TO: [Pay=3.39] [Fast=4.85] [Comm=3.16] [Fair=4.89] [Reviews=212] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.13
Duration: 3600
Available: 1
Description: A musician or label is seeking feedback on a Genre Category: Hip Hop / Rap song from people in the United States who enjoy Genre Category: Hip Hop / Rap music. Listen to the song for at least 30 Seconds and answer a survey about it. NOTE: The qualification test is to confirm you enjoy listening to the designated genre.
Qualifications: Likes Hip Hop / Rap / R&B GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
.[/td][/tr]

Reactions: aveline

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Lego Search Strategy(~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Cognition and Natural Behavior Laboratory [AHN61MLI1DS8R] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$8.49] [Pay=3.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.83] [Fast=4.89] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=4.97] [Reviews=102] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=14.85] [Pen=0.39 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.67
Duration: 900
Description: 5 minute questionnaire
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 80; Location In US; Exc: [148485941-91678] DoesNotExist
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
lol, thank you :glomp: Do you really like farming? I used to work on an organic farm ages ago, and I loved it. We worked 6 days a week and got to know the time of day by the shadows and where the sun and moon were. It was near the ocean in a little town called Bolinas. That would be amazing to actually have a farm like that or even to do that kind of work again.
I'm really interested in the machinery aspect of it. You know they have tractors with auto-steer now? They can drive themselves around the field, using gps, They have sowing and fertilizer machines that know when a field ends and shuts off automatically, so that they don't waste anything.

It's interesting the contrast between all that technology and at the same time, being so dependent on nature. A bad day of weather can ruin a whole crop, no matter how fancy all your machinery is.

But also I loved your story! Not sure I've got what it takes to be an actual farmer, but in a little coastal town like that it's gotta be special.

Reactions: Michele and MarkC

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
We worked 6 days a week and got to know the time of day by the shadows and where the sun and moon were. It was near the ocean in a little town called Bolinas.
:eek:

I love Bolinas! Not a lot of people know that place!

I lived not too far from there in an even smaller town called Inverness for a while. I would love, love love to retire there.

I drag the kid back there and to Pt. Reyes at least once per year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Michele

Michele

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
:eek:

I love Bolinas! Not a lot of people know that place!

I lived not too far from there in an even smaller town called Inverness for a while. I would love, love love to retire there.

I drag the kid back there and to Pt. Reyes at least once per year.
Nice :) I remember going to Inverness every once in a while, lucky you. Yes, yes...I would love to retire in Bolinas or around there. It sounds like a plan. I love Marin in general. It was kind of expensive when I was there back around 86, so it must be up there now. I didn't have to pay on the farm, but when I left to start at College of Marin, I rented a room in San Anselmo, I think it was. That's really neat that you know Bolinas. I remember how people used to take the sign for it down all the time so no one new could find it. I took my son there when he was little and down to the Bay Area and Ocean Beach as often as I could too.

Reactions: tricker

tempo

Contributor
Reaction score
Rejecting 2 or 3 out of a couple hundred done.
Instead of mass rejecting everything and taking a dump on someone's account.
I had 19 out of 541 hits submitted on that batch and that's like 3.5% rejection rate and it sucks. I don't really think I've done so many mistakes, I have followed instructions and even returned some hits that I wasn't sure about. Maybe I was just unlucky, but it is pretty hurtful when I read on forums that I must've done a bad job. I emailed the requester and asked for explanations/examples but didn't get any reply.

Reactions: aveline and GTR

Achilles2357

Reaction score
Requiring masters is enabled by default when creating any HITs that don't use the survey template, so masters just get all of the requesters that don't yet know what they're doing or what they should be paying. Often that leads to masters requesters paying a bit more than what other, more experienced requesters might be paying.

Michele

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I had 19 out of 541 hits submitted on that batch and that's like 3.5% rejection rate and it sucks. I don't really think I've done so many mistakes, I have followed instructions and even returned some hits that I wasn't sure about. Maybe I was just unlucky, but it is pretty hurtful when I read on forums that I must've done a bad job. I emailed the requester and asked for explanations/examples but didn't get any reply.
Who said you did a bad job? That's not nice. To me, it sounds like you actually did really well considering the very nature of those hits required you to essentially make your best guess for many of them if you were going to do them at all. My plan is just to stay away from them from now on, unfortunately, since they were actually kind of interesting.

GTR

Reaction score
was that today's' batch? and that does suck, they need to have more detailed instructions WITH good image examples.

Reactions: aveline and tempo

tempo

Contributor
Reaction score
was that today's' batch? and that does suck, they need to have more detailed instructions WITH good image examples.
No, the one from 6/2

Reactions: GTR

alk69

Reaction score
Who said you did a bad job? That's not nice. To me, it sounds like you actually did really well considering the very nature of those hits required you to essentially make your best guess for many of them if you were going to do them at all. My plan is just to stay away from them from now on, unfortunately, since they were actually kind of interesting.
Hum...I don't know if anyone else noticed, but there was a recurring glitch in the HITs. I would click the tab on and sometimes it wouldn't take. I had to double click it to get it to take. Pics does this, too. That means if you're not paying careful attention, it can be submitted(if you have made more than one choice) without all the choices tagged. It seemed to me that the weakest one was transportation, too. And since nearly all the images had roads, you could be caught short.....just my observation.

GTR

Reaction score
No, the one from 6/2
I only did 21 from 6/1-2 all approved and I only did 10 today. They may be targeting people that did in the 100's more so than someone that only did 10-50

Reactions: alk69

tempo

Contributor
Reaction score
Hum...I don't know if anyone else noticed, but there was a recurring glitch in the HITs. I would click the tab on and sometimes it wouldn't take. I had to double click it to get it to take. Pics does this, too. That means if you're not paying careful attention, it can be submitted(if you have made more than one choice) without all the choices tagged. It seemed to me that the weakest one was transportation, too. And since nearly all the images had roads, you could be caught short.....just my observation.
I didn't have that glitch though. And I marked the transportation a lot. There were also some almost white pictures but if I could see the shape of buildings and roads I'd tag it, maybe I shouldn't have hahaha.

Reactions: alk69 and GTR

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Would anyone like to make tomorrow's thread?

Reactions: basketcasey

GTR

Reaction score
Geos... just another pretty good RQ gone down the Highway of Shit HIT's... sHITs

Reactions: tempo

GTR

Reaction score
I didn't have that glitch though. And I marked the transportation a lot. There were also some almost white pictures but if I could see the shape of buildings and roads I'd tag it, maybe I shouldn't have hahaha.
we will never know, because they WON'T tell us... :)

Reactions: alk69 and tempo

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Title: Social Attitudes Survey(~ 7 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: UMich Research Lab [A38QEXP4RJ3ATP] (Contact)
TV: [Hrly: $7.01] [Pay: 2.63] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 2.94] [Fast: 4.42] [Comm: 3.70] [Fair: 4.73] [Reviews: 76] [ToS: 3]
TO2: [Hrly: $5.833] [Pen: 0.52 days] [Res: ---] [Rec: 100% of 2] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Duration:
30 minutes
Reward: $0.75
Description:
Survey about your social attitudes that takes approximately 7 minutes. Requires writing a few sentences.
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [452571511-91582] DoesNotExist; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US

Reactions: Azazael

GTR

Reaction score
Title: Call Food ordering bot for training data (~ 5 to10 mins quick call) | Accept
Requester: Vai Gupta [A38PMH0UJKJARF] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.01
Duration: 3600
Description: Make a call to our toll free number and order food from a simple pizza house menu
Qualifications: Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
anyone done this? seems ez[/td][/tr]

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Title: ROUND 2: Rate website/app content (WARNING: This HIT may contain adult content. Worker discretion is advised.) | PANDA
Requester: User Experience Research [A2OM0ACK3JQTG] (Contact)
TV: [Hrly: $21.77] [Pay: 4.77] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 4.89] [Fast: 4.95] [Comm: 3.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 48] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: $11.786] [Pen: 0.50 days] [Res: ---] [Rec: 75% of 4] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 1]
Duration:
6 hours
Available: 235
Reward: $1.25
Description:
Rate a post/content on a site/app you use at least weekly (e.g., YouTube, Facebook, Netflix, etc.) by answering a survey about your reactions to the post/content. Please, only one HIT per worker.
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; Location In AU, CA, GB, IE, NZ, US; Qualification to Prevent Retakes DoesNotExist; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Title: PMB-Social Survey(~ 2 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Judith [A1FRTGKEV1IOXV] (Contact)
TV: [Hrly: $12.09] [Pay: 3.24] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 4.50] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 3] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Duration: 30 minutes
Reward: $0.20
Description:
This is a very brief, 2 minutes survey. You will receive 20 cents for participation.
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [1275905165-91629] DoesNotExist; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US

Status
Not open for further replies.