06/07 - Taco Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
that is interesting. i'm sure amazon isnt in a big hurry to change that.
Yeah, it has been like that forever. Though, I am surprised that they caved with the survey template and switched that to not require masters by default (I'm not even sure when that happened, but I know it used to also default to masters.)

Reactions: Jaded and cb456

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
i marked transportation for about 95% of the ones I did, as well as residential, the only ones I did not mark transportation are the ones that you could see they were in desolate places with nothing around, what got me is the industrial, it would help a lot if they would have given examples of all the categories, butt NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I did the exact same thing. Like, almost everyone I marked transportation. But I had to study aerial industrial photos to get an idea of what that looked like. They were still iffy though because of stuff like trying to tell the difference between say, a school, or a large house and a genuine warehouse or processing plant, etc.

Reactions: alk69 and GTR

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I mainly browse the booze section of Costco so really I have no idea how much actual food costs.
Dammit I *just* wrote you off yesterday, you're really messing up my lists.

Reactions: jklmnop and Pleco

Michele

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your work-related personality traits and opinions | Accept
Requester: Keith McCook [A1PSTHIEAEXHOE] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$17.11] [Pay=5.00] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.50] [Fast=4.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=7] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 2.50
Duration: 10800
Available: 1
Description: Give us your opinion about work attitudes, interactions with others, and your personality style
Qualifications: US High School Graduate EqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
I ate too much breakfast burrito and now feel over full.

But man oh man was it worth it. And my kid was just "reminded" of them (guess I haven't made them in a bit?) and wants them more often.

Wait until he is reminded of how I usually make them, when I have time to bake diced potatoes to go in them, as well as caring enough to add green onions. He'll want them even more!

Almost time to go on a long walk and visit the three Little Libraries closest to me so I can drop off some books and maybe pick up one or two for the kid to read. (Also, I need to get all my steps in.)

Reactions: jklmnop and GTR

Brocktoon

Hey man, you fuckin' know Belvedere?
Reaction score
So just for shits and grins I did a few of those penny HITs from Picolang where you play a clip of someone saying a name or word and you have to choose whether it's OK or offensive/inappropriate. Easy enough...

One said "Kim Kardashian".

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

SunlitSunflower

FIGHT FOR LIFE! STRIVE FOR MORE. GROW TALL!
Reaction score
snip
Shouting in my face right away, you have not changed a bit! I hope you're doing well and not doing terribly which is why you came back.
Nah, I'm all good! This is the only job that I can stand to do. I don't have to deal with people who tend to not like being yelled at. People stress me the fuck out and I don't have to deal with them here!

How're you doing? You were fucking gone for a while too!

Michele

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I didn't get the $10, but I'll take it anyway...

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Hazen Eckert for work related to 3TC2K6WK9G3UCNOJ6EB1A1QH9O828M.
The value of your bonus is: $3.33 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thank you for participating!

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

alk69

Reaction score
I did the exact same thing. Like, almost everyone I marked transportation. But I had to study aerial industrial photos to get an idea of what that looked like. They were still iffy though because of stuff like trying to tell the difference between say, a school, or a large house and a genuine warehouse or processing plant, etc.
Some of the industrial ones were very obvious. And I feel those were the ones you needed to get right. But you're right in that there were many difficult to tag ones. And many guesses. Sometimes you look at the space around the buildings. Parking lots? Close to the street, like public shopping? Stores clustered together like shopping districts? Warehouses often have space around with odds 'n ends strewed about. And little landscaping. Still if the view is too far out or too unclear, it's comes down to a guess.....They used to be very tolerant with these, They know when the batch is problematical. But I've noticed GeoHIVE guy has gotten picky lately. There may be an algorithm that is now being triggered by certain responses. And I suspect some of the recurring images are goldens....This second batch to tag today? I did ONE and went to bed. Most of the images were exceptionally dark and unviewable. But someone is slowly doing them.....a risk with Geos. I'd take that risk with PFA.
edit: y'all do know that you could click on the image and it zooms in? Fills the screen. I liked that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Michele

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
It's getting a little better. We, or at least I, missed you. Were you off making your millions somewhere else?
I wish I was making millions, I'd post a hit for $500,000 and only you'd have the qual :love:

And also the hit would be transcribing 50,000 hours of speeches.

Nah, I'm all good! This is the only job that I can stand to do. I don't have to deal with people who tend to not like being yelled at. People stress me the fuck out and I don't have to deal with them here!

How're you doing? You were fucking gone for a while too!
Hey cool I hate people too. I've been playing farmer simulator and watching videos about farming and reading about farming.

I wish that was a joke, but my shitposting finally went too far and now it's become my life. I hope my story can be a warning to others, now I spend my days lusting after stuff like this::

Michele

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I wish I was making millions, I'd post a hit for $500,000 and only you'd have the qual :love:

And also the hit would be transcribing 50,000 hours of speeches.

Hey cool I hate people too. I've been playing farmer simulator and watching videos about farming and reading about farming.

I wish that was a joke, but my shitposting finally went too far and now it's become my life. I hope my story can be a warning to others, now I spend my days lusting after stuff like this::

lol, thank you :glomp: Do you really like farming? I used to work on an organic farm ages ago, and I loved it. We worked 6 days a week and got to know the time of day by the shadows and where the sun and moon were. It was near the ocean in a little town called Bolinas. That would be amazing to actually have a farm like that or even to do that kind of work again.

Reactions: Pleco and cb456
Status
Not open for further replies.