06/25 - Starcade Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Leaf Falls

Sauerkraut Salesman
Reaction score
interestingly, it's number one for depression treatment - lots of folks on psychopharms.
I wonder why that is. If it is culture based, or is it so beautiful that folks who are feeling that way seek out the area. I have a cousin who went out there while he was self medicating.

j0e

Bounty Turker
Contributor
Reaction score
Guys, I'm atheist and it's the best. End of discussion.
I prefer agnosticism. It's kind of like atheist but with an insurance plan

:tinfoil:

seventhaxis

will turk for steak
Contributor
Reaction score
What's the best way to gain new qualifications -- just scroll through the list and request a bunch of random ones? I see mentions of qual HITs -- how do I discern those from others?

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
How was today's Zolties batch? I missed them for the first time this week.
104 for me. I started multi tasking toward the end though.

Reactions: Pleco

Krykiet

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Short Survey on Your Opinions(~ 10 minutes)
Requester: Tara Parnit
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 0.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.17 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 7 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: survey
Time: 30 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $0.80
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100;Exc: [267031038-15304] has not been granted;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 80;Location is one of: US

wipeout4wh

Reaction score
What's the best way to gain new qualifications -- just scroll through the list and request a bunch of random ones? I see mentions of qual HITs -- how do I discern those from others?
Some qual HITs pay $0.00, and some will say it in the title. It depends on the requester, but you usually need to do a certain number of HITs for them to get the qual. Sometimes you can get them by requesting them, but that's usually for things like NDAs and screeners. It doesn't hurt to try requesting everything, but it usually won't help much either.

Reactions: seventhaxis

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Quals are slippery creatures. You must approach them with caution so as not to scare them away.

The best thing to do is if you see any Hit with the words "Qualification" Or "training"... Do them!.

Most quals if you just request them nothing comes of it. Some few do have tests, like ProductRnr, and a few others. But the rest are about being in the right place at the right time.

jan

Reaction score
I wonder why that is. If it is culture based, or is it so beautiful that folks who are feeling that way seek out the area. I have a cousin who went out there while he was self medicating.
I think the working hypotheses are - one that the church is very supportive of treatment, two - especially in Utah, responsibilities to the church and family are pretty intense (so, it can take lots of effort!) and that can be good, but also hard for people to manage
finally, depression is always worse in rural areas - interestingly. Lots of times people guess that it's cities, but it is actually rural areas that climb to the top of that list.
I'm sure there are other things that fit into the model, but these are the big ones that people think about.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I think the working hypotheses are - one that the church is very supportive of treatment, two - especially in Utah, responsibilities to the church and family are pretty intense (so, it can take lots of effort!) and that can be good, but also hard for people to manage
finally, depression is always worse in rural areas - interestingly. Lots of times people guess that it's cities, but it is actually rural areas that climb to the top of that list.
I'm sure there are other things that fit into the model, but these are the big ones that people think about.
Altitude can contribute to depression and suicide too, weirdly enough. At least, according to a couple recent studies.

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Its was $12.72...

?
I meant more like if it was a steady batch or if it took forever to get there, because the batches get real spotty right before they stop posting altogether, but that's probably something in my head trying to make sense of an uncaring Zoltar.

Reactions: Zacharias

Matilda Jones

Grey Ghost
Contributor
Reaction score
Here's a qual hit if you like semantics. I don't, but what the heck. The qual HITs are pretty underpaid though.
Title: Aligning Words in Paraphrased Sentence Pairs Training
Requester: Victoria Xiao [A3Q7E1QEOUDOB5] (TO)
TO Ratings:

TO Unavailable
Submit a new TO review
Description: Select the words in paraphrase that correspond to each other. Completing all HITs in this project is necessary to gain qualification for a much larger set.
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 19
Reward: $0.03
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is greater than 50

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Take a 1-question, multi-option survey (US-based only, Fiction Reader) | PANDA
Requester: PickFu [AI2HRFAYYSAW7] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 4.14 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.34 Generosity
★★★★ 4.72 Fairness
★★★★ 4.77 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 249 | TOS Flags: 1
Submit a new TO review
Description: For each pair of options, choose the option that best answers the question. Explain your choice. Limited to previous PickFu responders meeting the target demographics.
Time: 15 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.18
Qualifications: Literary Preference is one of: 1;PickFu NDA is 1;Location is US
3 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.