07/01 - Sunnyland Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkC

Stay awhile and listen.
Contributor
Reaction score
I read a story that I just had to repost. It made me happy. -

On the farm there was a little piggy named Andy. Andy was very sweet, but he was always dirty. He loved to roll around in the mud. None of the other piggies wanted to play with him. He wished they would be his friends. One day he was going on a walk on the farm. He walked by and saw his favorite big tree. He walked farther than he ever had before. He saw a bunch of pretty flowers. Then he saw something that he had never seen before. It was a river! He ran down to the river, shouting with joy. He got down low in the cool water swam around for a bit. He ran back to the farm where the other piggies were. He was finally clean. They all played games until dinner time. When it was time for dessert the piggies each got a cupcake. Looking at all his new friends, Andy smiled and took a big bite of his tasty treat.

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
It's very very hard to dose edibles. They take a long time to kick in and they last a long time. Many people start with edibles because it makes sense if you aren't a smoker. I'm glad you had better experiences. I've used cannabis off and on for 25+ years recreationally, but the past 18 months I've been using it as medicine. I've completely eliminated opiods, benzos NSAIDs, and 1 blood pressure medicine from my pill army (it's a lot :hungover: ). For me personally, it's a godsend.
I recently tried legal CBD oil and it's been surprisingly effective. So far it's really helping w/ a painful tendonitis/RSI flareup that's been wrecking my productivity. It knocks down the pain enough to be able to work and not take NSAIDs 24/7. I'm still a bit skeptical (industrial hemp, bioaccumulation, etc.) but then results are results.

Reactions: MarkC and Jaded

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I recently tried legal CBD oil and it's been surprisingly effective. So far it's really helping w/ a painful tendonitis/RSI flareup that's been wrecking my productivity. It knocks down the pain enough to be able to work and not take NSAIDs 24/7. I'm still a bit skeptical (industrial hemp, bioaccumulation, etc.) but then results are results.

my mom hurt her knee in a fall and someone recommended that and she said it was surprisingly helpful.

Reactions: jklmnop and MarkC

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
It's very very hard to dose edibles. They take a long time to kick in and they last a long time. Many people start with edibles because it makes sense if you aren't a smoker. I'm glad you had better experiences. I've used cannabis off and on for 25+ years recreationally, but the past 18 months I've been using it as medicine. I've completely eliminated opiods, benzos NSAIDs, and 1 blood pressure medicine from my pill army (it's a lot :hungover: ). For me personally, it's a godsend.
We have to get our edibles in a roundabout way, our state is not hip to medicinal yet. I am all for total legalization (of every drug actually, don't believe it is a criminal issue), I just personally don't care for it. but hubby has those 2 aneurysms and 100 % blockages that the marijuana has helped when opioids didn't touch the pain, so just saying.

Last edited:

Birdie

JD in Birb Law
Contributor
Reaction score
I find when I make concentrate, it's a whole bunch easier to dose and I've rarely ever had an issue. (Now, butter, butter can be less predictable lol). But, I absolutely will not dose based off what a store tells me, I don't use store bought edibles or concentrates/butters/etc, and I make everything from scratch cause I like an insane amount of control. I was on the fent patch for years and holy cow, did I need it and wish I didn't, and I'll take the occasional day where I take the afternoon off cause I'm staring at a wall over that particular nightmare hell I was in for a long time.

I also don't find they take long to kick in (usually 30 mintues till onset and longer till full peak, but oral meds were the same for me so I treat it the same way) and I have a paralyzed GI tract, so I normally am much slower to absorb. I'm on a strict schedule tho and since I have said GI issues, I tend to burn thru at a very slow pace at a lower intensity. Edibles are far and above ideal for me personally. Everyone is their own unique flower tho, and it's always a huge ymmv.

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
Edibles are far and above ideal for me personally. Everyone is their own unique flower tho, and it's always a huge ymmv.
edibles do usually nothing to me, every once in awhile they do. I vape though, helps with sleep, and takes my mind away from shit I would rather forget

Reactions: MarkC and Birdie

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
I read a story that I just had to repost. It made me happy. -

On the farm there was a little piggy named Andy. Andy was very sweet, but he was always dirty. He loved to roll around in the mud. None of the other piggies wanted to play with him. He wished they would be his friends. One day he was going on a walk on the farm. He walked by and saw his favorite big tree. He walked farther than he ever had before. He saw a bunch of pretty flowers. Then he saw something that he had never seen before. It was a river! He ran down to the river, shouting with joy. He got down low in the cool water swam around for a bit. He ran back to the farm where the other piggies were. He was finally clean. They all played games until dinner time. When it was time for dessert the piggies each got a cupcake. Looking at all his new friends, Andy smiled and took a big bite of his tasty treat.

MechaC

Find me on a cloud
Reaction score
With QAs, has anyone else received this message?:
"There are no stories left for you at this moment. Please wait until the next batch or come back again in few minutes if these are still around."

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
I find when I make concentrate, it's a whole bunch easier to dose and I've rarely ever had an issue. (Now, butter, butter can be less predictable lol). But, I absolutely will not dose based off what a store tells me, I don't use store bought edibles or concentrates/butters/etc, and I make everything from scratch cause I like an insane amount of control. I was on the fent patch for years and holy cow, did I need it and wish I didn't, and I'll take the occasional day where I take the afternoon off cause I'm staring at a wall over that particular nightmare hell I was in for a long time.

I also don't find they take long to kick in (usually 30 mintues till onset and longer till full peak, but oral meds were the same for me so I treat it the same way) and I have a paralyzed GI tract, so I normally am much slower to absorb. I'm on a strict schedule tho and since I have said GI issues, I tend to burn thru at a very slow pace at a lower intensity. Edibles are far and above ideal for me personally. Everyone is their own unique flower tho, and it's always a huge ymmv.
I feel for you. I had the fent patch prescribed when the vertebrea in my neck were fused. I also had injections (worst thing ever in the neck, lower back didn't bother me at all). I don't ever want to need that stuff again.

Reactions: Birdie

Birdie

JD in Birb Law
Contributor
Reaction score
edibles do usually nothing to me, every once in awhile they do. I vape though, helps with sleep, and takes my mind away from shit I would rather forget
It took a lot of experimentation (and anal retentive levels of documenting) to find the ideal strains/mixes. I've had several strains where it was like nothing was happening and having wider access out here made a huge difference for me, cause I was able to get my hands on some harder to find green.

I'm so detail crazy that I make spreadsheets for this...and spreadsheets about my makeup. I literally test run things in a variety of conditions and then make elaborate spreadsheets that rate them based on price to performance to ease of use and etc. I did the same with my edibles and noted them by strain, strength, method of ingestion, etc. I weigh things on my food scale, I track simmer times/soak times to the second/etc, and I'm about 10 shades of crazy, but it's made for consistent results and everything is much easier now.

Tl:dr: Imma detail freak

Reactions: jklmnop and MarkC

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
"There are no stories left for you at this moment. Please wait until the next batch or come back again in few minutes if these are still around."
yes, they are gone when that happens

Reactions: MechaC

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, see earlier. He released more hits than stories to compensate for disconnects.

Methinks I should have accepted more than one at a time and had some in my queue.

Birdie

JD in Birb Law
Contributor
Reaction score
I feel for you. I had the fent patch prescribed when the vertebrea in my neck were fused. I also had injections (worst thing ever in the neck, lower back didn't bother me at all). I don't ever want to need that stuff again.
I'll always be thankful for its existence cause I would not have made it thru college otherwise, but I'm glad I don't have to touch it anymore.

Sorry you had to deal with that with your neck, that sounds awful.

Empathetic fist bump!

MechaC

Find me on a cloud
Reaction score
Yeah, see earlier. He released more hits than stories to compensate for disconnects.

Methinks I should have accepted more than one at a time and had some in my queue.
Yup I wish I did the same, those went so quick. We'll know for next time though.

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score

When I do that I run in to issues with the timers on the hits running out or telling me that I accepted more than one at a time. Not certain if this is the same for everyone.

Reactions: MarkC

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
When I do that I run in to issues with the timers on the hits running out or telling me that I accepted more than one at a time. Not certain if this is the same for everyone.
I've never tried it on validation hits. I only do it on the others to pair with myself if no one else pairs with me :)

I just made a (probably erroneous) assumption that some must have been queued up with how many were left, knowing this is masters only and there aren't that many of us for these hits.

But it was nice while it lasted! Hope there are more!

Reactions: stuffalleysays

Budster

Buddy, the most faithful dog on earth
Reaction score
Yes. I think they are gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.