• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
Not on this slow ass POS...which I am grateful to have this slow ass POS as a backup, it's better than no ass POS. Nonetheless, it does make turking difficult. By the time anything loads up, it's all gone. So, I have to rely on PANDAs to get anything done...which puts me in a Catch 22 - need to make money to fix my real laptop to make more money, but can't make any damn money on this slow ass POS to fix the real laptop. Good times.
People turk effectively on tablets and chromebooks. It probably isn't your computer... it's probably your technique. It doesn't take much in the way of hardware at all to be more than adequate for turking. Buying a new computer likely won't improve your turking as much as you think... just like if you already have a set of "old" golf clubs buying a new set typically won't be the thing that improves your swing.

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Complete a brief categorization task and answer some questions - approximately 4-5 minutes, earn $0.50 | PANDA
Requester: Jeremy Cone [AD8AISPME4GCK] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.36 Generosity
★★★★ 4.88 Fairness
★★★★ 4.65 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 27 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: We will ask you to complete a brief categorization task and answer a few questions
Time: 30 minutes
HITs Available: 32
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 1000;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95;Location is US
4 minutes

Reactions: <Gucci>

CatWhiskers

Looking In Your Fridge
Reaction score
People turk effectively on tablets and chromebooks. It probably isn't your computer... it's probably your technique. It doesn't take much in the way of hardware at all to be more than adequate for turking. Buying a new computer likely won't improve your turking as much as you think... just like if you already have a set of "old" golf clubs buying a new set typically won't be the thing that improves your swing.
This is a 2009 Vista laptop. 4GB memory. It's my computer.

I'm not buying a new one, I have one, it just needs a repair.

Reactions: jan

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
worked for Harry Potter and the Nimbus 2000

Formuoli

Reaction score
Title: Survey about classes you may be interested in taking | PANDA
Requester: Yanka [AAHEKJ3RTD6E] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 1.00 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.28 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.86 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 32
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: Survey about classes you may be interested in taking
Hits Available: 5
Reward: $0.30
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 1000; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is US

x5
about 1:30 each

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
This is a 2009 Vista laptop. 4GB memory. It's my computer.

I'm not buying a new one, I have one, it just needs a repair.
I feel you, I had to deal with Vista for years. I don't know if getting a new computer would improve your turking, but not using piece of shit Vista certainly improves your life.

<Gucci>

Francis Manancis ...fuck you...
Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Learn about a person and answer some questions - approximately 3 minutes, earn $0.30 | PANDA
Requester: Jeremy Cone [AD8AISPME4GCK] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.36 Generosity
★★★★ 4.88 Fairness
★★★★ 4.65 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 27 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: We will ask you to learn about a person and answer a few questions
HITs Available: 20
Reward: $0.30
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 1000;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95;Location is US

CatWhiskers

Looking In Your Fridge
Reaction score
When is the last time you formatted? Have you tried installing another OS such as Ubuntu?
This is a back up laptop. My actual laptop was bought in 2015. It is Win 7, it has 32gb memory, ridiculous fast processor, etc. The difference between the two laptops is night and day. I have no intention of spending money on this laptop, this is an old laptop, this is a backup, "just in case something happens laptop"...which something happened when my dog destroyed the connection (a/c) on my real laptop that I normally use, (which is NOT this one)(which I've already had this conversation with someone on here who fixes computers - yes, it is the connection), which I need to get fixed. The part is not expensive, having someone FIX it is expensive, and not a fix I'm comfortable doing since it's not simply "open the back, pop out one piece, put in replacement piece".

I can assure you that there is a HUGE difference in how easier turking is on my actual laptop that I normally use and turking on this backup laoptop that I'm using now. It has nothing to do with "skill", it has everything to do with how slow this stupid thing is. It takes me three times as long to even write out a post like this, because it is so. slow. Any money I have is going towards fixing my actual laptop, not a backup. I did mention that this happened when it happened....but it was early morning so I guess most didn't see it. Anyway, I have to rely on PANDAs on this laptop because this laptop is that. fricken. slow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.