Status
Not open for further replies.

<Gucci>

Francis Manancis ...fuck you...
Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Am i wrong for not wanting my friends to give me nicknames like "dumplings" or "jackie chan" as a chinese male???
Had a long discussion and they all thought I was uptight. these people are good people though and said they wont say it anymore but...it brings me back to when people used to bully me back in high school

And this was after I almost got into a fight after 3 drunk guys harassed me, cursed me out and tried to spit on me
People that are not unique do this crap often. They have no funny original material and probably are in the mid to lower IQ range.
Love them if they are your friends but you might have to think of them in a forest gump kind of way...

Krikket

YouTube Connoisseur
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about our product | PANDA
Requester: Derek Sigurdson [AVZYXO8GIBCSN] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 0.00 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.00 Generosity
★★★★★ 0.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 0.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 2 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: View a product description web page and provide feedback on the described product
Time: 30 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: Masters has been granted;Location is one of: CA, US

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
Right right. I have been setting aside the correct amount, I just didn't know if people used something like Paypal to store the money. Or if a straight Savings account is preferred.
whatever i owe i just pay from my checking. Its a bit different for me though since i have a regular w2 job so the tax folks just run the numbers based on what i tell them and i pay what needs to get paid. Whatever works for you that lets you ensure that money will be there when its needed for taxes would be the best option. Just keep detailed records and hand them to the tax preparer or for your own preparing

Reactions: <Gucci> and tcal

jayjay

Contributor
Reaction score
You're totally right to express your need to be respected.
THATS HOW I FEEL. It's about respect but they argue that they respect me and care about me and whatnot
People that are not unique do this crap often. They have no funny original material and probably are in the mid to lower IQ range.
Love them if they are your friends but you might have to think of them in a forest gump kind of way...
You should be called just what you want to be called. If they're your friends, they should respect that. (It's kind of that simple.......)
They said they would stop calling me stuff like that but the more I meet new people, the more people suddenly become comfortable with calling me stuff like that. maybe its just long island but its been really getting on my nerves. I dont know how to prevent it. Maybe I can't. I just have to continuously tell everyone I meet not to call me stuff like that. SIGH

Reactions: <Gucci>

jayjay

Contributor
Reaction score
You're totally right to express your need to be respected.
THATS HOW I FEEL. It's about respect but they argue that they respect me and care about me and whatnot
You should be called just what you want to be called. If they're your friends, they should respect that. (It's kind of that simple.......)
They said they would stop calling me stuff like that but the more I meet new people, the more people suddenly become comfortable with calling me stuff like that. maybe its just long island but its been really getting on my nerves. I dont know how to prevent it. Maybe I can't. I just have to continuously tell everyone I meet not to call me stuff like that. SIGH

Reactions: jan and <Gucci>

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
Am i wrong for not wanting my friends to give me nicknames like "dumplings" or "jackie chan" as a chinese male???
Had a long discussion and they all thought I was uptight. these people are good people though and said they wont say it anymore but...it brings me back to when people used to bully me back in high school

And this was after I almost got into a fight after 3 drunk guys harassed me, cursed me out and tried to spit on me
Legit, you have a right to be respected by your friends. Casual racism like this is not okay. I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this from your friends. :hug:

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
J @jayjay If they're not listening to your words, you can totally be passive aggressive about it on social media (idk if you're on fb, or whatever). I would post something like this with a comment about how you know what it feels like, and you wish you knew how to make it stop.

Reactions: jayjay

Onyxbird

Fearless
Reaction score
:yesyes:

I remember when people would do that to me in High school as well. Some would call it being "funny" but after a while, it starts to become more of an insult in my opinion. But it's about the respect that you deserve as a person. I mean they wouldn't want you to call them names right?

Besides, You're unique and you are your own person. So work it :thumbup:

KYKITTY

Contributor
Reaction score
Did anyone else do the Yourvoice batch? If so has any of them approved?

jayjay

Contributor
Reaction score
Legit, you have a right to be respected by your friends. Casual racism like this is not okay. I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this from your friends. :hug:

I just wish there was a way to prevent it from happening so often.
I feel like its just long island or something. I dont know.
I know some people get aggressive as soon as anyone says anything negative about them. That could be me....but do I really want that? Not really.
I just dont know whats with me that as soon as we're friends, people feel like they can say anything at all to me and I'd be okay with it.

Reactions: jan and <Gucci>

teal4life

Why I Turk
Contributor
Reaction score

I lurk most often but had to say this. I was adopted into a multicultural family in the 1960s. We have 18 different ethinic groups between 6 of us and various blends of color. My adopted mom was Japanese born in 1941. The racism she faced from WW2 was tremendous. She held her head high, corrected politely but firmly when needed, and showed her value as a teacher, and leader in the community. She is in her 70's now and is helping many of the "Elderly" woman in her area some of whom put her down years ago. From one who has seen it and lived it, continue to correct ignorance in the manner you have been. Ignorance is normally just a lack of knowledge or understanding.

Krikket

YouTube Connoisseur
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Seeking Minorities for a 10-15 Minute Academic Study on Perceptions of Groups | PANDA
Requester: Dr. H Person Perception Lab [A3P7KJGDYMBU0Q] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.41 Generosity
★★★★ 4.50 Fairness
★★★★ 4.56 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 28 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: This study explores perceptions of group including police officers. Participants will read an article, rate the article and then complete 8 short attitude measures
Time: 60 minutes
Reward: $0.45
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 5000;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 97;Location is US

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score

Racism is racism... even when it is coming from "good" people... tell them they are fucking assholes, inform them why they are fucking assholes. If they don't respect that, get rid of them.

If anyone else does it to you, call it what the fuck it is, racism... and tell them they are being assholes too. Don't let the social expectations of courtesy stop you from letting people who make you feel uncomfortable or diminished know that they are wrong and should stop. They depend on those social expectations to let them do as they please... entitlement isn't really about thinking you are owed something... entitlement happens to good people too, it is insidious.

Last edited:

lil queen trashmouth

Pile of ham
Contributor
Reaction score

Wtf? No, you are absolutely not wrong. And it's not their place to call you uptight - they haven't lived with the stereotypes following them their whole life.

lil queen trashmouth

Pile of ham
Contributor
Reaction score
I lurk most often but had to say this. I was adopted into a multicultural family in the 1960s. We have 18 different ethinic groups between 6 of us and various blends of color. My adopted mom was Japanese born in 1941. The racism she faced from WW2 was tremendous. She held her head high, corrected politely but firmly when needed, and showed her value as a teacher, and leader in the community. She is in her 70's now and is helping many of the "Elderly" woman in her area some of whom put her down years ago. From one who has seen it and lived it, continue to correct ignorance in the manner you have been. Ignorance is normally just a lack of knowledge or understanding.
Your mom sounds like a badass.

Onyxbird

Fearless
Reaction score
Racism is racism... even when it is coming from "good" people... tell them they are fucking assholes, inform them why they are fucking assholes. If they don't respect that, get rid of them.

If anyone else does it to you, call it what the fuck it is, racism... and tell them they are being assholes too. Don't let the social expectations of courtesy stop you from letting people who make you feel uncomfortable or diminished know that they are wrong and should stop. They depend on those social expectations to let them do as they please... entitlement isn't really about thinking you are owed something... entitlement happens to good people too, it is insidious.
Well said.

Krikket

YouTube Connoisseur
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Transportation Safety Survey (Age 65 and above only - please see other invitations for your age group) | PANDA
Requester: Tom Bowerman [A1B6ERVTF8W5E1] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 5.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.64 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★ 4.71 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 26 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: This survey is testing ideas to improve highway safety, this survey should take about five minutes.
Time: 60 minutes
Reward: $0.51
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 96;Total approved HITs is greater than 50;Location is US

teal4life

Why I Turk
Contributor
Reaction score
Your mom sounds like a badass.
She could be. She once told a man of German descent who tried to speak to me my sister in Spanish before English that he needed to take his racist Nazi self back to Germany since my sisters bio family dated back 16 generations in California.

Reactions: essjay and jan
Status
Not open for further replies.