07/16 - Snakes on a Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayjay

Contributor
Reaction score
Late response - No you're fine. If people are your friends they should respect your wishes. Nicknames are only fun if everyone enjoys them. My friends and I are pretty ruthless with making fun of each other but everyone's into it (we're a weird group) No one would even think about speaking that way to a stranger or casual acquaintance. General rule is if it makes someone uncomfortable it's not fun anymore. Doesn't matter why, they don't need to justify it, if they say no, that's it, joke about something else.
I'm cool with everything BUT racial jokes.
but thats a good way to think about it
It sounds like you are doing all you can, human nature etc etc. I always think of this guy in HS who made fun of my last name (and not the same thing, was nothing ethnic etc, not even anything all that unique).. ....what makes it memorable all these years later is that with his last name, you'd think he'd know better; his last name was Belcher.
I guess he was projecting his own insecurities perhaps...
I dunno. Hopefully you insulted his name back :p

also...bobs burgers family all have belcher as their last name

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: 5-Minute Survey on Brand Opinions | PANDA
Requester: Maria A. Rodas [A3GDYHHXI9C01F] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 5.00 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.00 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★ 4.88 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 14 | TOS Flags: 1
Submit a new TO review
Description: This 5-minute survey is about your opinions on a familiar brand
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.30
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 80;Location is one of: CA, US

Too long is the answer.

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Short task (approx 4-6 min) rewriting imaginary scenarios. NO MOBILE DEVICES | PANDA
Requester: Brittany Christian [A3DR7TCNPVXJZA] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 1.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.11 Generosity
★★★★ 4.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 3.43 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 13 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: COMPUTERS ONLY. MOBILE DEVICES WILL BE REJECTED. Rewrite imaginary scenarios in your own words. Takes approximately 5 mins
Time: 7 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.35
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is greater than 100;HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 93;Location is US

Writing, 2 min

Kathryn

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd really love a visit, haven't hit goal once this week. Not for lack of trying.
Would be nice. I made like $2 three days this week and spent a crazy amount of money. The math does.not.work.

Reactions: Kerek and catnapped

Jesicu

Contributor
Reaction score
Would be nice. I made like $2 three days this week and spent a crazy amount of money. The math does.not.work.
I'm just sitting here looking at my weekly PE and it's as though I took 3 days off. Except I actually attempted to work those days, just didn't make any money. It's like the worst vacation ever.

Reactions: Kathryn

jan

Reaction score
well, I've had enough for now. We're going out. Hope some good batches drop for the rest of you :)

Reactions: Wolfheart

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm just sitting here looking at my weekly PE and it's as though I took 3 days off. Except I actually attempted to work those days, just didn't make any money. It's like the worst vacation ever.
On low earning days, take some time to learn something new... and practice it on shit batches. Get your learning done when there isn't anything worth working on... because when there's good work up is not the time to be trying experimental and potentially unreliable things. Try to script batches that aren't worth your time... if you already know how to script, try new things and techniques to eke out a little more efficiency. Learn a new tool and use till you feel you have it mastered. Chances are good, every time you learn a new skill or improve an existing one you'll have fewer low earnings days and the ones you do have will put the ones you have now to utter shame. If you are just sitting there on your low earnings days looking at the forum or watching youtube/surfing the net... you've earned every cent of that low pay and probably not a penny more.

Hotlamp

Thats Not Me
Reaction score
In indiana, saw a venusaur and a dodrio soon as I got in lol...

MinkyMona

Spooky Turk Ghost
Reaction score
This week has been really bad for me as well. Guess it's just the summer slump.

Bokamo

Reaction score
Hey everybody! I have had like...ZERO time to turk this week, so I'm pitifully far away from goal lol. I'm going to take Blue's suggestion and work on some new to me tasks, even if they blow, it's something!

Reactions: Onyxbird

Onyxbird

Fearless
Reaction score
On low earning days, take some time to learn something new... and practice it on shit batches. Get your learning done when there isn't anything worth working on... because when there's good work up is not the time to be trying experimental and potentially unreliable things. Try to script batches that aren't worth your time... if you already know how to script, try new things and techniques to eke out a little more efficiency. Learn a new tool and use till you feel you have it mastered. Chances are good, every time you learn a new skill or improve an existing one you'll have fewer low earnings days and the ones you do have will put the ones you have now to utter shame. If you are just sitting there on your low earnings days looking at the forum or watching youtube/surfing the net... you've earned every cent of that low pay and probably not a penny more.

:yesyes:

Messages like these are the reason why I never gave up in my much earlier days of turking. Because if I had listened to the nay sayers about Mturk, or just fully believed the reviews I read on too many blogs, I would have hung it up a long time ago. But I didn't because I wanted to do better, and tryout the challenge people called mturk. It's been a bumpy ride, one that never ceases to amaze me.

I am by no means an expert or pulling in what some of the others are currently pulling in (yet) but I am making much more than I did a year ago. Each day is a learning process for me, one that I draw from at every chance. It's what you make of it. It's not easy but then again the best sports players weren't amazing overnight. Took dedication.

Okay, I'm done being too serious now. :rolleyes:

Thanks, Blue by the way. :happy:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.