[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
3 mins[/td][/tr]

Reactions: DareAngel3

Mr_AvocadoMan

Reaction score
boy that would be nice. I'd love to hit that 10k. I've heard people say it opens up door like 1k hits did.
I've been doing this hit called "Rate Dating Profiles of Men" to ramp up my hits approved. 100 a day at least. Should reach 5000 in a few weeks. Hopefully this helps you.

Reactions: FireMonkey

AlexDroog

Singing in the rain...
Reaction score
Title: Artwork Classification (Read Description / HIT Rules) | Accept
Requester: Nathan [A2LVBYQBSIHIEF] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$3.60] [Pay=1.00] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.50] [Fast=4.23] [Comm=3.33] [Fair=4.62] [Reviews=14] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.03
Duration: 300
Available: 95
Description: Artwork images that need to be classified with attributes. You must have the Artwork Classification qualification.
Qualifications: Artwork Classification GreaterThan 65; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Nathans are up.[/td][/tr]
and....there gone.

Leatherass

Reaction score
You do, you do a punch of quick well paying work so when you do some other well paying work but the requester sucks and rejects you even though you submitted everything correct. You still end up with 200 rejections but now you can still work since you were protected with a buffer.
I guess I just figure that if you do good work, the buffer comes naturally, no reason to sweat it or chase it, I realize I am probably in the minority, but that is what I think

Reactions: Trucker

AlexDroog

Singing in the rain...
Reaction score
I've been doing this hit called "Rate Dating Profiles of Men" to ramp up my hits approved. 100 a day at least. Should reach 5000 in a few weeks. Hopefully this helps you.
I feel like I might have done a couple of them. How much does it pay?

FireMonkey

Reaction score
Sure, but why not just do that through well paying good work, that hopefully we are all doing anyway?
Like the Pins that just dropped :O
Padding your numbers just means doing as many hits as possible to get your numbers up. Some hits only allow you to participate if you've already done 1000/5000/10000 hits. Some won't let you participate unless you've got a certain approval rate (80%/99%). So if you've done 100 hits and you get 1 rejection, you'll still have a 99% approval rate.

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I guess I just figure that if you do good work, the buffer comes naturally, no reason to sweat it or chase it, I realize I am probably in the minority, but that is what I think
If I were in your shoes, I'd trust the feedback of people who've been doing this years longer than me.
It's not about a majority/minority opinion. This is based on experience.

Reactions: Trucker

Business Cat

Catipalist
Contributor
Reaction score
this is nice

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Sandro Ambuehl for work related to 3PUOXASB57CQY2CFVTHU3X05MN29Z6.
The value of your bonus is: $10.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
On January 30, 2018, you participated in a study of ours in which you have decided to receive a part of your bonus today. As promised, here is this part of your bonus. Best, Sandro Ambuehl, University of Toronto

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
It does as long as you stick to the known good work. Its not like you build the numbers without making money and I'm not recommending working on low pay work for it either (though the numbers will come quicker if you do).

Its not often, but there are times where someone was close to a milestone, 5k/10k and a nice batch drops like sergey and someone can't do them because they didn't try to hit those milestones.

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Rate the accuracy of 12 news headlines | PANDA
Requester: stech cornell [A2SH9ZRBUQFZF1] (Req TV): N/A
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
Read 12 news headlines and tell us whether you think they're real or fake news
Time: 4 hour(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.20
Qualifications: NewsRater DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; Location EqualTo US;
About 4:30

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
On the surface that sounds like a fine philosophy... except... you CAN control and predict when you create a buffer... you CANT control or predict when you are going to get a mass reject. The boy scouts say "Be prepared" for a reason.

AlexDroog

Singing in the rain...
Reaction score
If I were in your shoes, I'd trust the feedback of people who've been doing this years longer than me.
It's not about a majority/minority opinion. This is based on experience.
it's not the quality of your work that's in doubt, it's the integrity of every requester you'll ever do a HIT for. I have 7 rejections out of 2200 HITs. I can only remember the specifics of the last one that I have to eat. It's an erroneous rejection and the requester won't respond to my emails. Why? To save himself $5. You might be honest, but not everyone out there is. Protect yourself from them with numbers.

Reactions: MarkC and Kadauchi

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
On the surface that sounds like a fine philosophy... except... you CAN control and predict when you create a buffer... you CANT control or predict when you are going to get a mass reject. The boy scouts say "Be prepared" for a reason.
it's not the quality of your work that's in doubt, it's the integrity of every requester you'll ever do a HIT for. I have 7 rejections out of 2200 HITs. I can only remember the specifics of the last one that I have to eat. It's an erroneous rejection and the requester won't respond to my emails. Why? To save himself $5. You might be honest, but not everyone out there is. Protect yourself from them with numbers.
Yes to these. Its more about protecting yourself. You don't submit bad work to get a buffer.

FireMonkey

Reaction score
If you aren't worried about getting higher pay, quickly, that's definitely a healthy attitude to have. :)

Leatherass

Reaction score
So what's the solution?

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
Yes to these. Its more about protecting yourself. You don't submit bad work to get a buffer.
Exactly. And known requesters sometimes DO mass reject. It has happened multiple times in the past and it hasn't always been reversed. Crowd Task, as an example.

Last edited:

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Exactly. And known requesters sometimes DO mass reject. It has happened multiple times in the past and it hasn't always been reversed. Crowd Task, as an examtle.
I've been pinched for over 500 HITs on a well known batch requester who still posts and is considered safe for numbers (even recommended). I would still consider them safe too, but those never got reversed.

Remember Vale? I think it was. Just weeks before being praised and handing out 10000s of approvals, then one weekend boom.

Status
Not open for further replies.