07/31 - Taystee Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I've been pinched for over 500 HITs on a well known batch requester who still posts and is considered safe for numbers (even recommended). I would still consider them safe too, but those never got reversed.

Remember Vale? I think it was. Just weeks before being praised and handing out 10000s of approvals, then one weekend boom.
FoodEssentials

Reactions: Kadauchi and Blue

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
FoodEssentials
Was that it? iirc it was people labeled food or something, then the next batch turkers graded them or something and if you were graded wrong you got rejected.

Reactions: Blue

Leatherass

Reaction score
If you aren't worried about getting higher pay, quickly, that's definitely a healthy attitude to have. :)
I have passed pretty much all of the approved HIT's numbers thresholds, and mostly avoided slave wages, I'm not really sure what your point is.

Reactions: MarkC

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Was that it? iirc it was people labeled food or something, then the next batch turkers graded them or something and if you were graded wrong you got rejected.
Oh, Vale did it too. FoodEssentials was just my first THIS IS TOTALLY SAFE and then they hit everyone with rejections memory. I just walked in I don't know what's going on.

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
IMO it's not worth doing work you wouldn't otherwise do just to cover yourself for the the very rare case of an actually damaging mass rejection (that you didn't deserve.) If you actually do enough HITs for such a mass rejection to hurt you chances are you do numerous HITs in other batches and have a significant buffer.

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
boy that would be nice. I'd love to hit that 10k. I've heard people say it opens up door like 1k hits did.
10k doesn't open up that much relative to 5k, if at all.

Reactions: Kadauchi

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Oh, Vale did it too. FoodEssentials was just my first THIS IS TOTALLY SAFE and then they hit everyone with rejections memory. I just walked in I don't know what's going on.
Oh, I wasn't aware of that one. Just talking about buffers n fluffers.

Reactions: Jaded

Leatherass

Reaction score
IMO it's not worth doing work you wouldn't otherwise do just to cover yourself for the the very rare case of an actually damaging mass rejection (that you didn't deserve.) If you actually do enough HITs for such a mass rejection to hurt you chances are you do numerous HITs in other batches and have a significant buffer.
That's all I was trying to say

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Course there's always the rare outlier that's like "Hey guys I've been on turk for 3 weeks and I did what seemed like a really easy batch and now I have 900 rejections, am I screwed?"

And the answer to that is yes. Yes you are

KillMoles

°
Contributor
Reaction score
The onion ring batter thing didn't come out so great. In case anyone was curious.
It took me about 15 minutes to make onion rings from one whole sweet Vidalia onion. I ate all of it and I am still stuffed. Way too much food but it was awesome! This is less than half of it... :)

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Yeah. I think that some people just try to go into the mass number too soon. If you're essentially all surveys or only work well know requesters then its pointless outside of maybe unlocking very few things from the milestones.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
It took me about 15 minutes to make onion rings from one whole sweet Vidalia onion. I ate all of it and I am still stuffed. Way too much food but it was awesome! This is less than half of it... :)

I didn't actually make onion rings with it. I've been experimenting with stuff, (it was little squares of tofu.) (I don't know why) Yours looks good though!

KillMoles

°
Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't actually make onion rings with it. I've been experimenting with stuff, (it was little squares of tofu.) (I don't know why) Yours looks good though!
They should look better than they do but I rushed the whole thing. I was a fry cook at an expensive Italian restaurant when I was in college so I you could say I am / was a pro at it. :cook: Of course that was a long time ago...:bolt:

Reactions: Kennedy and Jaded
Status
Not open for further replies.