08/08 - Whip Into Shape Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexDroog

Singing in the rain...
Reaction score
Did anyone see the "sign up for acorn using this referral link" HIT? Isn't that a violation of the ToS in every way imaginable?

ecko

Contributor
Reaction score
Yea this hit seems totally legit. I wonder if he already knows that hits have to be approved or rejected within 30 days? My best guess is he will wait however long it takes to get the referral bonuses for all the people who do the hit and then reject everyone.

Please follow the link below to Acorns Website to sign up for Acorns automated investing service. Once you have created an account you will need to invest at least one dollar ($1.00). After your account has been created, verified, and shows that it is 100% complete. You must keep your account in good 100% standing until at least September 20th, 2018.

• Follow the provided link to Acorns Website to create your profile. If prompted, enter referral code:
  • Make a one-time investment of at least ($1) on or before August 25th, 2018.
  • Ensure that your account is 100% set up by August 25th, 2018.
  • Keep your account in a good 100% standing until September 20th, 2018. This may require that you pay a minimum $1.00 monthly fee (monthly fee can be up to $3 depending on the services you choose to utilize for your investing profile).
  • 3-5 days after you sign up acorns will provide you with a $5.00 referral bonus for using the link provided above. You can choose to withdraw the $5.00 bonus after Septemeber 20th, 2018 if you decide to close your account.
  • You will be paid $10 for completing this HIT, plus you will receive the $5.00 bonus described above from acorns.com once your account setup is complete and you have made your first investment.
  • Enter your Acorns Shareable Referral Link below in order to receive compensation for this HIT.
  • Guaranteed Payout if Completed $5.00 (maximum payout including Acorns Bonus: $10.00)
Payout will only be made to those who keep their account in good standing (100%) until Septemeber 20th, 2018.

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
Yea this hit seems totally legit. I wonder if he already knows that hits have to be approved or rejected within 30 days? My best guess is he will wait however long it takes to get the referral bonuses for all the people who do the hit and then reject everyone.

Please follow the link below to Acorns Website to sign up for Acorns automated investing service. Once you have created an account you will need to invest at least one dollar ($1.00). After your account has been created, verified, and shows that it is 100% complete. You must keep your account in good 100% standing until at least September 20th, 2018.

• Follow the provided link to Acorns Website to create your profile. If prompted, enter referral code:
  • Keep your account in a good 100% standing until September 20th, 2018. This may require that you pay a minimum $1.00 monthly fee (monthly fee can be up to $3 depending on the services you choose to utilize for your investing profile).
  • 3-5 days after you sign up acorns will provide you with a $5.00 referral bonus for using the link provided above. You can choose to withdraw the $5.00 bonus after Septemeber 20th, 2018 if you decide to close your account.
  • You will be paid $10 for completing this HIT, plus you will receive the $5.00 bonus described above from acorns.com once your account setup is complete and you have made your first investment.
  • Enter your Acorns Shareable Referral Link below in order to receive compensation for this HIT.
  • Guaranteed Payout if Completed $5.00 (maximum payout including Acorns Bonus: $10.00)
Payout will only be made to those who keep their account in good standing (100%) until Septemeber 20th, 2018.

Reactions: <Gucci>

AlexDroog

Singing in the rain...
Reaction score

Seriously, isn't this a violation of everything that MTurk holds dear, differentiating itself from microworkers or some junky site like that. How did this make it through the QA. Please tell me this will get taken down by amazon.

Punkle

Reaction score
I just thought of something... Simon and Richter Belmont got announced for Smash Bros. on WHIP Into Shape Wednesday!

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
Seriously, isn't this a violation of everything that MTurk holds dear, differentiating itself from microworkers or some junky site like that. How did this make it through the QA. Please tell me this will get taken down by amazon.
To my knowledge Amazon does not review any HITs prior to posting. However, you are encouraged to report obvious scam HITs like this and it'll probably be taken down. The requester changing names and putting up the same HIT again tomorrow? Quite possible.

AlexDroog

Singing in the rain...
Reaction score

I had a legit account with Acorn but closed it because it takes them like a week to deposit money into your account after you've deposited it. I saw this promotion. This guy is looking to make like $900 dollars from this I think. It's this "get 10 of your friends to sign up and split $1000" promotion. I was going to talk my family into doing it for the free money but Acorn pissed me off with their bullshit deposit policy and refused to honor the promotion for a couple of free dollars when I signed up. I'm seriously sick to my stomach that this got posted as a HIT on MTurk. I saw all sorts of this shit on microworkers, between Acorn and Robinhood investing it was like half the HITs that we on there. I hope the HIT gets taken down and the requester gets banned from MTurk for life.

Reactions: <Gucci> and ecko

AlexDroog

Singing in the rain...
Reaction score
To my knowledge Amazon does not review any HITs prior to posting. However, you are encouraged to report obvious scam HITs like this and it'll probably be taken down. The requester changing names and putting up the same HIT again tomorrow? Quite possible.
I see so little of this referral HITs garbage that I figured they did a pretty good job of stopping these HITs before they got posted.

ecko

Contributor
Reaction score
I had a legit account with Acorn but closed it because it takes them like a week to deposit money into your account after you've deposited it. I saw this promotion. This guy is looking to make like $900 dollars from this I think. It's this "get 10 of your friends to sign up and split $1000" promotion. I was going to talk my family into doing it for the free money but Acorn pissed me off with their bullshit deposit policy and refused to honor the promotion for a couple of free dollars when I signed up. I'm seriously sick to my stomach that this got posted as a HIT on MTurk. I saw all sorts of this shit on microworkers, between Acorn and Robinhood investing it was like half the HITs that we on there. I hope the HIT gets taken down and the requester gets banned from MTurk for life.
if enough people report it they will take it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.